Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Grow Log of PF tek... With Pictures and Questions
    #4242841 - 06/01/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Alright this is my first attempt ever to grow shrooms and the only source of info I had access too was the Shroomery, so everything here was made possible from you guys and this kick-ass site.  Things are going along good from what I can tell and I have taken pictures to document this entire process. I hope you enjoy checking it out, give me any tips or comments you feel like... I am still very eager to learn.  And for those that have never grown shrooms, let it be known, you can do it too.  One week ago I was intimidated by this entire ordeal, but its easy to learn and most importantly, fun as hell.

Preparations

So here are some pictures of my setup before I started and when I mixed my substrate and PC'd them. :smile:

Got all my supplies at hand and ready to make some shrooms  :laugh:

Everything is going smoothly with my beer in hand and my substrate mixed  :thumbup:

Jars ready... everything in its place, and about to go into the pressure cooker...

One Week Later

This is looking pretty nice.  Just as everyone said it would happen, it did, and the jars are colonizing... can't wait until they are completely done.  Beautiful! Sooo Excited!

Curious Looking Jars

Alright this jar looks odd.  One thing I have noticed was that on some of the jars it seemed the PC made an odd looking layer around the top.  Almost as if it was very wet or moist in comparison to the rest of the jar.  In this area, it has started to colonize.  And from the pictures it appears that some substrate was stuck to the inside of the glass and the myc was growing in between the substrate and the moist/(maybe burnt) substrate that was stuck to the inside of the glass.  I really don't know what the hell is goin on on these two jars so only time can really tell.

Another jar with more growth withe the same strange appearance to it.    Notice the small hair like strands reaching up through the dry later of vermiculite... is this normal?

My Incubator (BiT)

This is a shot of my twelve jars in zip-lock bags, two are in each and they are double bagged to ensure no water seeping in.  Then they are placed inside this tool box which has a fish tank heater in it with a aluminum baking tray on top... so no bag is directly touching the heater.  Not a TiT setup, but a BiT, because its a Bag in a Tub.  So far its working great.

This is a shot of my toolbox incubator with the bags out and the little baking dish.  I poked holes in it and cut out some flaps to let the water spread throughout the box, underneath is a Sub Natural 50 watt fish tank heater (soo glad I decided to step up from the heating pad).

Nice and steady 84... I will lower it a bit soon once I see some more growth.

Unfortunately I am limited to the amount of pictures I can post, I have many that document almost every step and would have liked to shown them.  I have a lot of jars that look perfect, even though I only showed one pic.  Two of the jars (shown) are strange and confuse me to what is actually going on...  But hey, two out of twelve for a first time grower ain't bad.  :rolleyes:

Much Love too all that visit this page to help newbies like myself accomplish this, once I learn enough I will carry the tourch and help those in need aswell.  :heart:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Grow Log of PF tek... With Pictures and Questions [Re: Gatorade]
    #4242856 - 06/01/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome start man. Glad your having fun.. its a great hobby. :smile:

Just two comments. Firstly, your two jars you called "curious" are just fine. The hairs growing up are normal and the growth is good.
Second thing, you said your temps are holding steady at 84. That is the perfect temp for your incubator.. no need to lower the temps "once you see more growth". If it is holding at 84.. your in great shape.

Keep us updated.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
    #4243062 - 06/01/05 03:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sweet, im in the same boat as yourself, first time grower. Cant wait to see your fruiting chamber. oh and what strain are they?

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Grow Log of PF tek... With Pictures and Questions [Re: TheLegend]
    #4243137 - 06/01/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The jars you have that look weird are just too wet. They may still colonize and fruit however, if they become contaminated you will have to throw them out though. Otherwise keep them going.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4243172 - 06/01/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Pint sized jars suck for BRF you will be lucky if they fully colonize, looks good otherwise.

Edited by kronnyQ (06/01/05 05:58 AM)

Offlinetops008
Avid Student
Re: Grow Log of PF tek... With Pictures and Questions [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4243352 - 06/01/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think those are just tall half-pints.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Grow Log of PF tek... With Pictures and Questions [Re: tops008]
    #4243368 - 06/01/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

is that top jar completely covered by that grey whispy looking stuff? nice white spots surrounded by grey. second jar just looks like some myco piss. keep an eye on that first one though.

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

#4243894 - 06/01/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the input, I didn't think it would look this far within only a week. I have heard it could take up to a week, maybe more, to shown any sign of growth.

The strain is South American. I am not too sure why I picked it, I heard some good things about it such its fast and high yielding and also its hardy enough for beginners.

And no, those are not pint sized jars, they are tappered 1/2 jars from ball.

I think those curious looking jars will be fine, at least I hope so. I highly doubt they will get contamed because I went great length to prevent that in every step. It's a little hard to believe that its too wet, if anything I thought the mixture was too dry. Since it is only around the top I thought it may have formed when I PC'd it and all the lower substrate was boiled and the steam rose to the top and made the top moist and the bottom dry. But that is just a guess.

Thanks for all the support and comments, once I can I will upload some more pics. I have a great one of the vermiculite/brf mixture.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate