Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!!
    #4158885 - 05/10/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

OK, guys, first I want to say what's up? I'm new to the board!

OK, I'm a fruity loops 5 user and I need to know if there is a way to make it so that when I play on my Yamaha midi keyboard, I hear the exact sounds of that keyboard play through fruity loops... cause I have sound fonts and stuff, but I need the sounds on my keyboard too.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks in advanced...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!! [Re: NotoriousD187]
    #4160421 - 05/11/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

within fruityloops you need to properly set the midi options.

options-->MIDI settings

good luck! :laugh:

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
Re: Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!! [Re: stefan]
    #4161628 - 05/11/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
within fruityloops you need to properly set the midi options.

options-->MIDI settings

good luck! :laugh:

Can u get into more detail? LOL.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4162377 - 05/11/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wish I could but I have never done anything with midi like that (I don't have a midi keyboard... yet) so I don't know what to do either.
so I hope someone else will answer it, just be patient :sun:

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
Re: Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!! [Re: stefan]
    #4162798 - 05/11/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
I wish I could but I have never done anything with midi like that (I don't have a midi keyboard... yet) so I don't know what to do either.

I hope so, too!

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
    #4188933 - 05/17/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NotoriousD187 said:
Quote:

stefan said:

I hope so, too!

BUMP!

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4189197 - 05/17/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do. Do you want to just control fruity loops with the yamaha keyboard? Or do you want fruity loops to make the same sounds natively that your yamaha keybord makes?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4189359 - 05/17/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds like he wants to hear his yamaha keyboard sounds IN FL5. Sorry man, that's not possible.

Well, it is, but not 'natively' and directly. You need a second program similar to SoundForge, CoolEditPro, or Adobe Audition. Some kind of wave-editor/input recorder. Hell, even Windows Sound Recorder would work, it just sucks...:smirk:

I do this method all the time with voice, guitar, or other samples, it's just more difficult to set and match tempo.

Check it:
hook an Instrument cable up to the Output on the back of your Yamaha keyboard, and hook it into an Input jack on your soundcard (oh yeah, you need a soundcard with a Line-In).

MIDI only transfers the data of note, attack, and release. On newer keyboards Knobs and sliders. But the soundbank in your Yamaha keyboard can't be transferred through MIDI since it's a signal, not just data. That is, unless your Yamaha keyboard came with matching software??

Hope this helps :smile:
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4189427 - 05/18/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Make sure when you record digitaly to go in to the play control for windows and mute the CD audio. This way you drop the noise floor from it. When you are recording from something that is playing in windows, also mute the line in. But since you want to record what is comming in on that line don't do that in this situation.

Basicly midi transfers player controls. So none of the sounds are comming though the midi cable, just what you do with you're hands.

Blastid's correct, you should sample you're stuff.

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
Re: Fruity Loops 5 help!!!!! [Re: Blastrid]
    #4192941 - 05/18/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

First, thanks for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it.

So I need something that will record my input, right? And then I can turn it into a wave and play that wave through FL5?

Quote:

Blastrid said:
It sounds like he wants to hear his yamaha keyboard sounds IN FL5. Sorry man, that's not possible.

Well, it is, but not 'natively' and directly. You need a second program similar to SoundForge, CoolEditPro, or Adobe Audition. Some kind of wave-editor/input recorder. Hell, even Windows Sound Recorder would work, it just sucks...:smirk:

I do this method all the time with voice, guitar, or other samples, it's just more difficult to set and match tempo.

Check it:
hook an Instrument cable up to the Output on the back of your Yamaha keyboard, and hook it into an Input jack on your soundcard (oh yeah, you need a soundcard with a Line-In).

MIDI only transfers the data of note, attack, and release. On newer keyboards Knobs and sliders. But the soundbank in your Yamaha keyboard can't be transferred through MIDI since it's a signal, not just data. That is, unless your Yamaha keyboard came with matching software??

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4193269 - 05/18/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You need to plug the output of your keyboard into the input on your soundcard, which is most likely a stereo mini 1/8" connector [headphone jack].

You probably have a line input and a mic input, make sure to plug into the line input.

In windows, open up your vol control [double click the speaker icon in lower right of task bar], then go to options>properties. select the "recording" box and hit ok. Then you can select which input you want to record inside of any program capable of recording audio.

I think you can even do this from inside fruityloops but not sure how...

Make sure to mute the CD audio to remove the noise floor. Since this is hardware, you might also want to run you're new wave though a noise gate. (if you know what that is, if you don't don't worry about it.)

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
    #4206041 - 05/22/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:

Check it:

How do I do it with Window's Sound Recorder? I've been trying it and had no success with it......

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
    #4206143 - 05/22/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anisotropic said:
You need to plug the output of your keyboard into the input on your soundcard, which is most likely a stereo mini 1/8" connector [headphone jack].

You probably have a line input and a mic input, make sure to plug into the line input.

In windows, open up your vol control [double click the speaker icon in lower right of task bar], then go to options>properties. select the "recording" box and hit ok. Then you can select which input you want to record inside of any program capable of recording audio.

I think you can even do this from inside fruityloops but not sure how...

Make sure to mute the CD audio to remove the noise floor. Since this is hardware, you might also want to run you're new wave though a noise gate. (if you know what that is, if you don't don't worry about it.)

All I have is one yamaha keyboard, and midi cable hooked up through my soundcard (in a game controller port). Is it still possible for me to do what you have said above?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#4209502 - 05/23/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No, you need to use an instrument cable to acheive this. MIDI does not send a sound signal, so you can't use this type of connection to hear Yamaha sounds on your computer. You need to connect the two like you are connecting the keyboard to an amp, only your computer is an amp that can record the sound as well. You must have a line-in on your sound-card to acheive this. unfortunately MIDI won't do that.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineNotoriousD187
Stranger
    #4220138 - 05/25/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:
No, you need to use an instrument cable to acheive this. MIDI does not send a sound signal, so you can't use this type of connection to hear Yamaha sounds on your computer. You need to connect the two like you are connecting the keyboard to an amp, only your computer is an amp that can record the sound as well. You must have a line-in on your sound-card to acheive this. unfortunately MIDI won't do that.

So what's the name of the cable that I need?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#4221007 - 05/26/05 12:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

An instrument cable.... just read that over again again, you'll get it

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale