Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepineal666
Just one of theinfinite pathsto Heaven...

fruity loops fun!
    #2258130 - 01/21/04 12:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey y'all this is my first post in this forum. I'm a bassist of eight years who has been messing around with fruity loops. I haven't been in a band for awhile so fruity loops has been my main creative outlet, I just mess around and try to use all the dance cliches i know of to their full advantage. I figured I'd show them to you guys and get some feedback. Now remember I'm a bassist first and DJ, well never really, so be as brutal as you want. I just want to know what works and what fails. Heres the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/iamarobotsenttodestroyyoumusic.htm

Thanks for the time and hopefully you get a laugh out of the songs at least. Payce.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: fruity loops fun! [Re: pineal666]
    #2259707 - 01/21/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks for posting your music, I dig it. I like Embers quite a bit, and I love the beat in "Whatever it is, It likes you". I've been using Fruity Loops for quite a while, and I've found it is sort of difficult to get a way from the pattern-based formula. But if you wanna check out my tunes, go here:
www.zebox.com/stereopattern

I think what works is your textures, you know how to add some depth, you could even go a little deeper. What needs some work I think is structure, and the drum patterns. I can hear some building and releasing, but there's some tracks that could be a couple different songs. are you using any vst plug ins?

I dig your style tho, Fruity Loops is a kick ass program, but it does certainly have its limits, and I'm discovering them more and more. Cubase is my next step... one of these days....

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinepineal666

Re: fruity loops fun! [Re: Blastrid]
    #2260096 - 01/21/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback man. Yeah I know what you mean about the structure and drum patterns, sometimes I work on one idea then get like a million more and try to fit them all in, I'm just too lazy to work on more than one thing at once with the program. I always sit down and tryt and think of aphex twin and infected mushroom and mimic that, but, I've only been using this program for a year and I've been listening to electronic music even less than that so I'm just not there yet. as for vst plkug ins, I don't think I am, unless its possible to be using them without knowing? I don' really know much about the program at all, I know there is a way to do real time recording but I haven't figured it out yet.

On another note your stuff is nice, I really like the second song on there, are you using fruity loops for all that? Or are you just uysing fruity loops as one tool out of many. Either way its badass. Lata

Offlinepineal666

#2260105 - 01/21/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i apologise for my use of "lata."

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2260119 - 01/21/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ha... yeah I used Fruity Loops for every track on there.
Although I've got a handful of VST's that I use as well : Plex, Absynth, Z3TA, Amplitube, Space Synthesizer, etc...

As for the realtime recording, if you want to edit events in real time (cutoff, pitch, basically any knob that if you right-click it says edit events), you can click down the record button and it will save that in whatever pattern you're working in.

Thanks tho, glad you liked my tunes too.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media