Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTehKraken
Stranger
Ugh, suckage from the doctor.
    #4160481 - 05/11/05 03:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, today I went in for a test for ADHD because I feel that I have a hard time concentrating on certain things. Anyways, I get to the doctors office and really quickly I am in her office with my mom beside me.

She begins to assess my problems and such. About 2 hours later it turns out that I have severe ADHD (from childhood analysis), anxiety, anger, problem coping with emotions, and a few other things that suck.

The social worker person managed to gather this from what I told her. So apparently I am getting placed into group therapy every saturday from 10-11am. That sucks, I don't like groups, people make me feel awkward. In order to participate in this group I need to take a drug test, this freaked me out a little bit because I am not positive on how long weed stays in the system for. I am not worried about the shrooms cause I know those last anywhere from 3-5 days.

Besides the drug test, a psychologist is going to analyze me. I'll most likely be placed on ritalin, anti-depressants, anti-anxietys. I am a little freaked about this as well, currently, now, as a person. I feel just fine, I am happy.

I only came in for the ADHD and now i've come out with all these problems? Why?

I don't want to change the person I am as of now. But apparently I have to. Any advice? Cause I feel really lost in my whole life now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledr_gonz
Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: TehKraken]
    #4160632 - 05/11/05 04:22 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I am getting placed into group therapy every saturday from 10-11am.

That's waaaay to early in the morning.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4161830 - 05/11/05 02:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TehKraken said:I feel just fine, I am happy.

Then don't let someone else run your life for you. Who is controlling you? No one but you.

If your mom is trying to, reason with her... make her understand your point of view. Tell her that you feel well mentally, and that you're just kind of frustrated with being a scatter-brain.

Remember: You're the only one who dictates the path of your life. This is a big deal. The drugs they want to put you on will change who you are on a level that you will not like unless you don't like who you are now.

If you like who you are now, then stand up for your fucking right, as a human being, to dictate your own choices.

Justa my'a 2 cents...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4161931 - 05/11/05 03:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You are not being "placed on" those drugs.

It's your choice whether you want to take them or not. If you don't understand why you're taking them, then don't take them.

How often do you smoke weed? That can really hurt your ability to concentrate and recall.

I'm not going to suggest whether you should or shouldn't do any of this stuff, just make sure it is your choice and that you're not being led into anything by someone else.

good luck

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: Grav]
    #4162391 - 05/11/05 05:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:just make sure it is your choice and that you're not being led into anything by someone else.

:thumbup:

P.S. "shove her over raiiiii-ii-iiilllliiiiiinngggggggg..."

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#4162633 - 05/11/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i love that line
i think its like a rebellion against lust and manipulation through beauty

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: Grav]
    #4162694 - 05/11/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That's a beautiful way to descibe it. :smile:  :heart: Really, it's right on.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4163383 - 05/11/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I only came in for the ADHD and now i've come out with all these problems? Why?

She probably gets paid to recommend a medication for each of these "disorders" that she labels you with.

Now, I'm not saying meds are the wrong choice for everyone...but MOST people I talk to who have been placed on meds for these kind of "disorders" say they don't like the meds. Most quit taking them, on their own.

I was on ritalin and anti-depressants for ADD and generalized anxiety. I stopped taking both, on my own, when I realized that I liked myself MUCH more when I wasn't on these mind-altering and very poisonous-feeling chemicals.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: trendal]
    #4166575 - 05/12/05 03:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I stopped taking both, on my own, when I realized that I liked myself MUCH more when I wasn't on these mind-altering and very poisonous-feeling chemicals.

Same. I'm beginning to move more towards the psychoanalytical camp instead of the biochemical camp for mental problems like depression and anxiety. So I think that the group therapy and one-on-one counseling could be great. If you feel you need the meds, then absolutely go for them. But if you don't know or don't think you could benefit from them, then absolutely don't. It's your body, so you have final say over what goes in you (in most circumstances at least  :frown: )

Also, not to imply that you don't have ADD or ADHD, but many, many people don't have perfect attention-spans or memories, but they don't have ADD. Most likely they're either smoking pot, or just aren't blessed with photographic memories. Then there are people who are clearly ADD, and they probably should be medicated.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #4166741 - 05/12/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Try psycho-therapy first, and give it a shot for awhile before you take drugs. Those drugs can and will change you for the rest of your life. I got paxil from my family doctor after berating him with symptoms. I regret to this day I did not try therapy first.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4167334 - 05/12/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It seems like most people seem to think that their brains aren't working properly, but that doesn't mean they're right.

Before you take these drugs, just remember that the damage amphetamines (for ADHD) can be PERMANENT. If you take them for long period of time, you will REGRET it, maybe for the rest of your life.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4167356 - 05/12/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
the damage amphetamines (for ADHD) can be PERMANENT. If you take them for long period of time, you will REGRET it, maybe for the rest of your life.

this man speaks the truth.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4167830 - 05/12/05 08:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'll third that sentiment...

Seems adderall and ritalin were the "wonder drugs" for my whole generation...

I've seen some friends turn into crackheads from that stuff. There's a fair amount of paranoid delusion present in each of them these days... and they still don't know what they're doing with their lives, but now they just don't care to boot because the drug makes them feel good. (Sound anything like addiction?)

But, "It's okay..." they'll tell you. "It's prescription."

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#4168047 - 05/12/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Remeber dude, this world's a free-for-all. We're all just a bunch of shmucks and if one shmuck with a higher profession says that you're fucked up, it doesn't mean that you're fucked up. It's just some shit they pull out of a medical book, but you should be able to sniff out what's bunk and what's not. If you feel fine, then chances are that you're fine.

Don't bother with perscription meds like antidepressants and amps unless you and your doctor are certain that you've got serious problems and no where else to turn to. After being on both, only amps for a very small time, I realized that I was fuckloads better without them. I came to appreciate a lot more, and feel better about things. I now deal with my problems as if they're not even that. Besides, you can't learn unless you actually make mistakes and solve them. A drug cannot fix your life. It can, however change chemicals in your brain, and if you believe that you'll help you then perhaps it will. And perhaps your liver and kidneys will fail, you'll get nosebleeds, eating disorders, no or reduced sex drive, depression and maybe even some brand new suicidal tendencies. And it's funny because they perscribe things like antidepressants to keep people from doing something they'd regret, but they hand them out like candy. Damn, something's messed up.

Yeahhhhh ..... pharm-tangent over.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Ugh, suckage from the doctor. [Re: browndustin]
    #4177691 - 05/15/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Uppers and downers may get all the rap for causing damage, but SSRIs and MAOIs can cause damage as well. I can testify that Paxil is no safe drug. Doctors may think its safe to toss around like candy, but former patients know they are liars.

More people die on prescription drugs than all other illegal ones combined. And that's not misuse and abuse. I remember a few decades ago, there was a drug that caused A WHOLE SHIT LOAD of birth defects and miscarriages. Yea... its safe... erhmm....

This is a list of books that exposes psycho-pharmacia as the fraud and snake oil it is.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/lis...5412039-5114542

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being