Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFileSoup
My problem, please read
    #1796694 - 08/09/03 11:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, I am new to the boards. I have read other's posts before but have never posted before. I have the following problem:

About half a year ago I injured my leg and had these red marks appear on my upper thighs. I didn't think much about it at the time figuring the marks would go away. But they haven't. I went to a dermatologist and was told they are stretch marks. I was told the only way to make them go away is laser surgery (this costs a lot). This has made me really depressed. I never thought that my body could be permanetly damaged like this.

The worst part is now I am horribly embarrased to take off my pants in front of a girl if the lights are on. I am scared of the reaction I may get. I am now considering the laser surgery. I have talked to my parents about the problem (the stretch marks) and I think they will support me if I decide to have the surgery. Any advice or suggestions? Thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: My problem, please read [Re: FileSoup]
    #1796748 - 08/09/03 11:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Laser resurfacing surgery is minimally invasive but can be kinda painful and uncomfortable. Normally men have many other concerns with taking their pants off with the lights. I must say though, if you find a girl you like and are comfortable with and have probably conversed with many a time about tons of different topics then the stretch marks would have inevitably come up. And i would venture to say that if she likes you then those are no big isue. And i bet they are no big issue to begin with, as your girl may have some on her hips from puberty and will definitely get them if she becomes pregnant.

However if surgery is what you want then go for it. If you are bothered that much by them and find surgery to be the answer and can afford it then go for it. However there are some other low-tech alternatives such as creams.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: My problem, please read [Re: neuro]
    #1796773 - 08/10/03 12:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

man, dont be so worried. shes probably got bigger strech marks than you, when you sit down it streches the skin near your ass, and will give most people strech marks, no matter what size or weight. if she is gonna care, she aint meant to be naked with you. ;] it aint a disease, she cant catch it, and she wont care. Just my thoughts.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

#1796975 - 08/10/03 01:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the marks are still reletively new

try rubbing cocoa butter on them (only 100% pure will do, though it
smells nasty it can help get rid of them)

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: My problem, please read [Re: zandorf]
    #1797377 - 08/10/03 05:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

find a girl who loves you and she'll lick your balls if you ask her politely

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: My problem, please read [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1797501 - 08/10/03 08:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

She won't care about the marks if she cares about you, especially if she is a person who is understanding of many things. She probably has them too.

If you did have the surgery, wouldn't they just come back later, I mean you're not changing anything except the skin in situ, what's to keep the marks from not coming back?

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineFileSoup
Re: My problem, please read [Re: neuro]
    #1799631 - 08/10/03 11:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys. I will be going to another dermatologist to get a second opinion before I consider surgery further. The problem is I spend a large portion of my day just thinking about this. Any suggestions to take my mind off of it? Thanks.

Offlinesroc
connect the dots

Loc: on paper
    #1800174 - 08/11/03 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

When it gets to the point of taking your clothes off she neither you are going to be worried about any marks you have you'll be too busy.

Offlinesroc
connect the dots

Loc: on paper
    #1800176 - 08/11/03 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

When it gets to the point of taking your clothes off she neither you are going to be worried about any marks you have you'll be too busy.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1800511 - 08/11/03 03:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think you are worrying more than you should. Have you ever seen the movie fight club? " i dont want do die without any scars". scars remind of us of who we are, who we were, they are a mark. you wont forget them. I couldnt even control mine. They turn white after a while, or at least mine did, some of mine got so bad that my skin opened up on my leg and i had soars. My pemples are leaving scars in my chest. So i have a zig zag pattern on both my ass cheeks. You could have cancer man. You could be crazy. Be thankful that it is not worse. This may give you a chance to look at what you do have. If a girl looks at you and all she sees is the fact that you have stretch marks on your ass you have more to be worried about. She isnt really looking at YOU, for who you are. NapkinOfDoom has stretch marks from where he grew so much and they are on his back. These are things we live with you know. Dont worry about those things on your skin. What you have to really worry about is those scars on the inside, they hurt the worst, and i gurantee you people will see those before they see the scars on your legs.

--------------------
What?

OfflineWaveRider
In search ofWisdom

Loc: CANADA
    #1801238 - 08/11/03 12:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am not an expert or anything but, if the marks only appeared after an injury, it is probably not stretch marks (not to say they can't be). I would suggest that you see an injury expert (sport's medicine) to unsure that the marks are not bruised or injured tissue layers. If this is the case getting rid of the marks will not solve the problem. Now, that being said, I am not a doctor (only in the process of becoming one) which means I can not give medical advice but, before doing costly procedure which might not even solve the problem, seek a second opinion. Often times doctors are just doing their best to get you home happy rather then curing your illness. Take the time to see another couple of doctors to unsure they all agree that they are only strecth marks.

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer, the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being