Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Last final of the semester is done...
    #4152909 - 05/09/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Kiss my nearly graduated ass, NYU...one more summer class, just six hours a week for six weeks, and I'm officially and completely done.  I'm gonna skip graduation and smoke a lot of pot this week. :yesnod:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Last final of the semester is done... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4152919 - 05/09/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

skip graduation? but isn't graduation day supposed to be one of the most memorable events of one's life?

not that i'd personally give a shit about graduation day, but that's how most people see it...;)

--------------------

Male

Re: Last final of the semester is done... [Re: exclusive58]
    #4152922 - 05/09/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Heh...not to me it isn't. First of all, you have to pay 50 bucks to RENT a cap and a gown...fifty bucks after they take more than a hundred thousand dollars in tuition and dorm shit over four years...it's fucking ridiculous they way they needle into you for every last cent they can milk you dry for. Plus, I never felt like I was part of my college's academic community. The advisors didn't help me much, so I don't feel like I owe them my allegiance. Send me my diploma so I can move on and use it to find some work.

When it comes down to spending three days in a celebratory drug-fueled adventure or taking part in a mass ceremony for thousands of people...I know what I'm gonna opt for.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4152929 - 05/09/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

damn..50 bucks! you're right, save your money and go buy yourself some chronic!

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
When it comes down to spending three days in a celebratory drug-fueled adventure or taking part in a mass ceremony for thousands of people...I know what I'm gonna opt for.

OR, you could combine the two, and make it a drug-fueld ceremony!  :tongue2:

Male

#4152942 - 05/09/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Nah man...my graduation takes place at Madison Square Garden, and I have a general dislike for most NYU kids...they're more like Ashley Olsen than they are like me and my friends. I only have one friend in my entire graduating senior class, most of my friends are outside school. AND if I did graduation my parents would have to come, and no acid at graduation with mom and dad!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4152944 - 05/09/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

shit. now you actually have to start living in the "real world".

*me cringes at the thought of student days being actually over*

--------------------

Male

Re: Last final of the semester is done... [Re: Krishna]
    #4152951 - 05/09/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I don't know how well that's gonna work out, but meh, I'll just look for something to do in the fall while I enjoy the summer...I'm not gonna stress too much. As far as I'm concerned, there are tasks to be performed, and money to be paid for the performance of said tasks. And I'm sure I can find one that I more than halfway enjoy that'll allow me some free time too.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4152969 - 05/09/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of job are you going to be seeking?

Male

#4152990 - 05/09/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Preferably something that'll let me use my creative talents...I'm applying mainly to Story Departments in TV and Movie production houses...that's the department that gets hundreds of scripts every day and my job, hopefully, will be to be a reader. Read a script, and provide a 1-page summary that accurately reflects whether it's a piece of shit or whether it's worth the time of someone above me in the production house structure. That's my dream job right there, as it would give me a lot of experience with good and bad scripts both while I work on my own (I have ideas for 3 and I'm trying to figure out which one to devote my energies to right now.)

Other than that I'm applying to record companies (willing to do whatever for a good indie music company!) and also for some magazines.

Thing is, I'd be fucking awesome at advertising. But I just can't sell my soul to that.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4153012 - 05/09/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: good luck!

sometimes your soul can be bought without you even realizing it...

Male

#4153014 - 05/09/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely agree. It's not even like I have a problem with advertising - when an advertisement makes me laugh or smile, I really appreciate it. Something just feels dirty to me about playing psychological games with the minds of faceless consumers separated into...ugh...demographics.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4153028 - 05/09/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

haha, more like psychological warfare! even though some commercials are really funny and awesome, others are just downright wrong...telling you how happy you could be if you bought this or that, and how much better your life would be...That's like trash for the mind man.

hehe, reminds me of an organization here in france called Anti-pub (anti-ad), that consists of people that are tired of being psychologically agressed in the subway by the million of ads there, and what they do is they go from station to station and just tear down all the ads or paint them entirely! radical stuff, but it worked! there was a big change in the ads' messages.

Male

#4153034 - 05/09/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, my sister lived in Paris for 3 years or so and I visited her, god, like six or seven times I'd say. I always loved the messages that said like "Poetry, not advertising" and "more art, less money."

While I was there I took a walk down the Champs-Elysees and I think it was the same group of people who that particular day had (I think the night before) gone down the block smashing store windows. Good old fashioned vandalism in the name of Truth.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4153044 - 05/09/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

electrode is taking his first final right now.
Do you wanna play literati with me?

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Male

Re: Last final of the semester is done... [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4153049 - 05/09/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'll take you up on that another time when I'm on a public wifi network. Right now I'm moochning off one of my neighbors and am trying not to use up too much bandwidth. There are only two around my apartment not protected by passwords, and this is the better one.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4153059 - 05/09/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can't get anybody to play. :sad:

Are you taking summer classes or are you gonna party with the Olsen twins?

--------------------

Male

#4153124 - 05/09/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ha. I have to take on summer class. It starts a week from today. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 10-12 AM. Not bad. It's on "Arthurian Legend."

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4153134 - 05/09/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

One class, that's cool.
electrode is taking electives and the required phys ed for the summer.
Next fall he has a linguistics class along with 3 others, i forget what.

--------------------

Male

#4153142 - 05/09/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

NYU doesn't have a phys ed requirement thankfully.

The final I took today was in Linguistics. I hated that fucking class.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4153153 - 05/09/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I hear it's a tough class.
electrodes cousin is an 'A' student, it was the only class she ever got a 'B' in.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates