Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please
    #4151300 - 05/08/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

OK this is a WBS casing I made with a little extra I had after making my bulk tubs. Its a coir/verm casing mix. I posted about a week ago that the mycellium had come through the casing layer, and what I should do. Here was the pic at that point:

I was recommended to patch it and put into fruit chamber. So thats what I did. Its stayed about 75 deg or so. I sprayed when I first put it in. Then like 2 days later there was only a tad bit of mycellium showing in one corner so I sprayed again. I think this is where I fucked up. I think I got the casing layer too wet, its been at least 3-4 days since I did this and there is very little if any mycellium showing, in fact I think I may have some form of mold growing on my casing layer. Either that, or the mycellium is struggling to take over the casing layer cause its only a tiny bit of wispy mycellium if thats what it is. Here is a pic, best I quality I got out of the few shots I took. If its too tough to determine if its mycellium or a contam then let me know and I'll get a better pic.

Thank you all!

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #4151318 - 05/08/05 10:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Its hard to tell from the picture. It looks healthy, but there may be some cobweb there. See that wispyness? How long has that been there? If it is cobweb, it will spread very quickly.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #4151320 - 05/08/05 10:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know what the hell you have growing, but if what you have IS mold, it's all over, bro because it's everywhere.

Edited by Blue Helix (05/08/05 10:38 PM)

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4151323 - 05/08/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Looks fine to me.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: Holydiver]
    #4151370 - 05/08/05 10:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

from my understanding (at least thats where i initiate fruiting conditions :tongue:) that second picture looks perfect--fruit that bad boy!

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: starseed1066]
    #4151502 - 05/08/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've had it in fruiting conditions for almost a week since I patched after the first pic. There hasn't been any growth for at least 3 days if not 4. Maybe I need to shock it? It incubated at about 85-87, and is about 77ish in fruiting chamber so it's had a temp drop. Maybe my RH is too low. I know its at least 90% though. Don't know what else could be holding this thing up. Its gettin light 16/8 on/off.

--------------------

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4151589 - 05/08/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Leave it man, shocking is just going to set you farther back in my opinion. Cubensis is a topical mushroom, no need to cold shock. Give it time.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4151595 - 05/08/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

both casings are fine. I am not a big fan of the cold shock but then again my fruting temps are 80 degrees, a little cool but perfect for everything.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

OfflineSoulJah2
Columbus of the inner globe
 User Gallery

#4151653 - 05/08/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yup dont mess with it and wait. just make sure your humidity is right and air exchange otherwise dont touch it. ive had casings take weeks to fruit then they finally do... if its cobweb the whole casing will be covered with it thickly in a few days.. and it will look like spiderwebs.. kinda grey and sticking up inch or more from the casing..

soooo let it sit.. patience is the most important tool in this hobby

--------------------
That's not pretty cool.

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: tahoe]
    #4151683 - 05/09/05 12:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

OK I'll leave it be. I thought something might be wrong because I thought it should only take a few days to a week tops before pinning. By the looks of my casing. I'm not even close by the looks of mine. Of course, this is my first grow (this casing was just an experiment really, the real grow [2 bulk tubs of hpoo/straw] are still incubating. It kinda worries me though if I'm having problems with a normal casing then maybe I shouldn't be attempting bulk yet. Although, I have read that WBS isn't the greatest to case straight out by itself so maybe thats why this is taking so long?

Anyway, I'll let it be, keep the RH up and update in a few more days maybe. You all think I should spray the casing or just leave it alone? It was definately near saturation about 3-4 days ago, if not actually saturated. So I'd guess that it has enough H20 content but figgered I'd ask.

--------------------

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#4151812 - 05/09/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Looks fine to me too. Don't worry, it's normal for the mycelium to stall for a few days during the trasformation from vegetative growth to producing mushrooms. I'd guess you should have pins very soon.

You're not getting ahead of yourself--that's the best way to learn, be aggressive, and informed. You'll have success.

Offlinedown44
Johnson

Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: korins]
    #4155937 - 05/10/05 03:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

looks fine

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: down44]
    #4155945 - 05/10/05 03:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the only thing to do is wait, and keep conditions within fruiting range. if you have contams, then you have contams. there is rarely a true fix for that. if you don't, then you'll find out!!

;-)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Confused Casing, possibly contammed? Help w/ pics please [Re: gratefulredhead]
    #4155955 - 05/10/05 03:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i wouldnt patch it looks like it myc if it is the fuzzy myc and its been fruiting for a few days then it should turn in to a 1/2 donzen shrooms in a few more days in the begining it is hard to learn the differance but you will

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation