Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
2 months traveling Europe. Any suggestions?
    #4139858 - 05/05/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all. I'll be traveling Europe for 2 months with my brother beginning in June. We have all the arrangements we need planned out (I hope we have everything we need anyway :P), and are nothing but excited. My brother will be graduating highschool, and I'll ending my employement with the same high school (I'm only 20). We'll be traveling by train, and hope to cover as much ground as we can.

I've been to several seminars and have some good ideas about places to see, but, like I said, they were given at seminars and I imagine are pretty crowded. Does anyone have any suggestions about must see sites in Europe? We'll be making all the typical stops; Paris, London, Greece, but it would be great if we could get off the beaten path a bit, but if you have some suggestions that are right smack dab in the middle of Paris, then suggest away.

Edited by PoopShooter (05/05/05 11:51 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: 2 months traveling Europe. Any suggestions? [Re: PoopShooter]
    #4139916 - 05/06/05 12:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Italy - Venice, Rome, Florence, Napoli (Naples), Siena, Milan, Assisi, or Amalfi Coast. (any of these are a good pick to travel to)

The Netherlands - Specifically Amsterdam.

Transylvania - Bran's Castle, castle of Vlad Tepes (Also known as Vlad the Impaler son of Vlad Dracul [Knight of the Order of the Dragon in 1431]) Fiction stories of Dracula are based on rumors of Vlad Tepes.

A couple places off the top of my head.

m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
Re: 2 months traveling Europe. Any suggestions? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4140002 - 05/06/05 12:30 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ah yes, Transylvania, that hadn't even crossed my mind! That definately sounds good.

Amsterdam - Of course  :stoned:

I've got a few of the places you've mentioned in Italy already marked down. Do you suggest any of those places specifically? Other wise, throwing darts at the map it is! :laugh:

wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: 2 months traveling Europe. Any suggestions? [Re: PoopShooter]
    #4141062 - 05/06/05 08:30 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Don't miss Spain

Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?

User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: 2 months traveling Europe. Any suggestions? [Re: Hanky]
    #4141154 - 05/06/05 09:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

England - Camden Town, London - great outdoor market, sure to be wonderful in the summertime!
Scandinavia -
Bergen, Norway - absolutely beautiful town, a bit small, but a tour up the western coast, along all the fjords, is simply amazing.
Gothenburg, Sweden - a bit posh for my tastes, but nice nonetheless
Malmo, Sweden - guaranteed to find Europe's cheapest falafal
K?benhavn, Denmark - my personal favorite city. go to Christiania while you're there, and if you are there on a sunday, go to a club called Stengade 30, in N?rrebro for great reggae music.
?rhus, Denmark - where i live - a big university town with quite a few nice concerts and large festivities.

Germany - Berlin is a very cool town, be sure to visit a place called Tacheles while you are there.

France - Paris, of course. I could talk for a very long time about that city, but ask me if you have any specific questions.
Provence - rent a small summer cabin, drink cheap red wine, and play bocci ball with old french men
Cote D'Azure - everywhere is very expensive. but the beaches (and women) are certainly amazing. cannes, st tropez, nice, etc.

Holland - Amsterdam is a wonderful city, but a bit too touristy for my own tastes. The Hague is the only other place i've been, and only for a day at that.

Hope it helps a bit...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub