Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
the secret to 'immortality'
    #4131589 - 05/04/05 09:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

During a recent salvia experience I had the overwhelming sensation that *I* was somehow not the true owner of this body I currently inhabit, and that this odd sorta duelistic personality I've always felt was simply a direct result of two souls sharing the same vessel. The thing about the whole experience that really threw me for a loop though, was the idea that maybe the soul who I typically refer to as 'me' was somehow or another stuck in some sort of position where he simply wasn't capable of having his own body...thus the 'need' to team up with other souls just to be able to experience life (to any extent)

But the more and more I think about it, the more and more it seems almost as if this is more choice on my part then anything else. As if somewhere along the path I decided not to just simply jump straight into another life (supposedly so I could go haunt the fuck outta someone) and I just simply never got around to doing whatever the hell it is that I would have to do to be able to reincarnate myself. Like I had just been wandering about like a restless spirit or some shit, and eventually lost interrest in whatever it was that was holding me back, and I moved on to discover just what else a bodyless soul would be capable of. Apparently somewhere along the lines I discovered that souls were quite capable of teaming up with other souls...much in the same way that mediators will temporarily allow a wandering spirit into their own body, and give em temporary control so that particular spirit can convey some message to someone they love (or whatever) and it seems I've been abusing the fuck out of this technique ever since.

It's almost as if my spiritual essence simply finds some disheartened entitiy that's on the brink of suicide (or what I think is more likely the case - a spiritual essence that's just barely been created, and is too ignorant to resist my attaching onto em) and then simply leeches off of their existance experiencing whatever I'm capable of convincing em to experience, and then drifting away and moving on to find some new chump to leech off of when they finally grow enough gusto to kick me the fuck out...or until they simply die and we both loose 'our' body anyways (which I think is typically the case)

I am, in essence, a spiritual parasite...by choice

It's almost as if I prefer things this way because it allows me to continually experience the things of this world without ever having to go through the trouble of needing to rediscover my past lives in order to avoid mistakes already made a thousand times before. Like I just simply got tired of making the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again, and not ever realizing that I'm living pretty much the same exact sort of existance repeadiately until some time much later on in life when it's already too late to do anything differently...at which point you become stuck in a sort of rut where you generally want to take on a new existance so you can have the opportunity to make something more of yourself, but you feel like it wouldn't help anyway considering you never actually do a god damn thing differently, due to the fact that you loose touch with much of yourself while adjusting to this whole new existance you're now a part of (damn those cosmic loops!)

By not needing to have to ease your way into a whole new reality (i.e. jumping into the life of someone else who's already done all that grunt work for ya) you bypass that entire akward infant stage where you're not capable of doing anything you used to be capable of (walking for instance) and are forced to tranquilize your own ambitions just to keep yourself from driving yourself fucken batty. That whole stage of life seems to cause people to want to dumb themselves down so they can better deal with the torture of never being capable of doing even the most simplistic tasks, and then they wind up spending pretty much the rest of their lives trying to unlock the secrets of how to revive themselves to their former glory (less if you just so happen to be in an environment where stuff like reincarnation is a commonly accepted philosophy that you're exposed to at a younge age)

But by not having to sit through some pissant retard stage where you have to rely on other people to wipe your own ass for ya - you bypass that whole 'dumbing down' phase where you *temporarily* close yourself off from the bulk of who you are in order to better deal with being a freakin ragdoll with a consciousness...thereby never needing to have to 'let go' of who you are, never loosing touch with valuable lessons you've learned the hard way, and never having to sit through a living hell just so your new body can get caught back up with your old one. In essence: you get to be everything you want to be...and it only costs ya not being able to interract with this world directly anymore. (sure, you might stumble across the occasional mediator and get breif taste of reality from time to time...but chances are you're just gonna tease the fuck outta yourself doing shit that way)

I, however, take a different approach - I find someone to latch onto, and then I assist em as much as I can while I'm paired up with em...that way I know that I'm actually an assit to em, and not just some annoyance that they can't quite seem to get rid of. Or in the very least - that's what I strive to do. Sometimes though, it feels like the people I'm forming this symbiosis with eventually start wondering what life would be like without me around, and I inevitably start feeling like I'm probably doing more harm to em then anything else (in some way or another I'm sure) So it seems as if 'life' has turned into this sorta bizarre prostitution ring for me, where I'm the total slut at the center of things doing everything he can to please the people he's dancing along with...all the time wondering when it'll be my turn to be pleased by someone else.

It seems I may be taking this beautiful idea of 'symbiotic immortality' for granted, and am now experiencing the direct result of continual abuse of such power. Despite the fact that this particular symbiosis is flowing effortlessly this time around, it's still quite clear that we both are two seperate entities (each with our own wants and desires, values on the things of this world, and all that other nice crap) and as such - I always feel as if the person I'm with deserves to be free to live their own damn life without having to deal with me looking over their shoulder all the time.

but I'm just whining now...

I'll save your ears the trouble of having to sit through this pointless drivel anymore

feel free to tell me just how crazy I am if you feel you must...I'll make sure not to pawn it off on the person I'm currently infecting  :craven:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Muppet]
    #4131694 - 05/04/05 10:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious. If you kickstarted into adolescence, does that mean you have no childhood memories?

Second, one salvia trip told you this? Have you felt like this before, while not under the influence of a dissociative?

Other than that, feeling like you have different personalities doesn't necessarily mean you have two souls in one body. I only counted mine when I was 14 and I had about 23 personalities.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (05/04/05 10:40 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4131759 - 05/04/05 11:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:crazy2: Yah, that salvias werd alright. But it sure found a friend in you. :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4132219 - 05/04/05 01:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried Salvia 10+ times, in various amounts, and from various sources.... no effects at all :sad:.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4132242 - 05/04/05 01:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It just came to me, imagine how much of a shock would a death from a car accident be if people were imnportal (as in not ever get old)

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4132351 - 05/04/05 01:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You, my friend, are what they call in the books, a salvia hard head. I would try 10x. Or maybe chew quid or use tincture and then smoke. Often hardheads will get a breakthrough if they try a little more. It's worth it! :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Icelander]
    #4132362 - 05/04/05 01:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:nonono: It doesn't work. I've tried various methods and huge doses.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4132406 - 05/04/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

She doesn't want you. :sad: :mushroom2: I find it very much like DMT although others say not so. You should definately get off on DMT. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineCalvin13
parasite
Loc: Oregon
    #4132487 - 05/04/05 02:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i can see how you can get that out of a salvia trip, whenever i would trip i would get a sensation of an intense pressence, often multiple pressenses which i would simply call "salvia men" its like they were alien spirits trying to enslave my body/kick me out. they would take me to their world, one time a salvia man was going through my body appraising all my inside body parts, i could see it from his view too, traveling around my body seeing all my bones it was crazy scary.

and like alan stone said, what you feel on a trip isnt always reality, in fact its almost never. i wouldnt start to think of your soul as a parasitic ghost after one weird trip.

Edited by Calvin13 (05/04/05 02:43 PM)

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4132497 - 05/04/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:shrug: I don't want her either... tastes like shit.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Calvin13]
    #4132779 - 05/04/05 03:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lots of folks express similar perceptions. I have seen these "men" but they never want to bother me. They seem interested in going somewhere and often I try to catch up with them. They seem funny at the time and and I often end up laughing very hard and yet nothing seems that funny when I think back on it.

I think salvia needs to be worked with often for one to be able to "use" it. I have had divinatory experiences in the sense that I traveled to places and found myself looking in on things that were happening far away. But I didn't know what anything meant. I need to go there a lot more often. :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Alan Stone]
    #4134034 - 05/04/05 07:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
I'm curious. If you kickstarted into adolescence, does that mean you have no childhood memories?

Second, one salvia trip told you this? Have you felt like this before, while not under the influence of a dissociative?

Other than that, feeling like you have different personalities doesn't necessarily mean you have two souls in one body. I only counted mine when I was 14 and I had about 23 personalities.

for starters - my 'memories' start back around age five...I still 'remember' some really vague shit from before then, but I'm assuming that's just piddly ass crap that my 'former self' feels the need to cling onto (for god knows what reason)

and secondly - salvia by no means brought this out in me - it was just simply the 'thing' I needed to mold everything together for me

I've had many a bizarre experience where I felt like two different people living in the same body, but I've always simply passed it off as multiple personalities (read: something was 'wrong' with me) instead of ever thinking that there *might* actually be some truth behing all of it...but salvia (somehow or another) introduced me to the idea that I might actually be onto something with all of this (i.e. there might actually be a logical explaination behind all these bizarre feelings I'm constantly getting (as opposed to there simply there being something that needed to be 'fixed'))

salvia, it seems, made it possible to accept the fact that *maybe* there wasn't actually something 'wrong' with me after all

--------------------

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4135692 - 05/05/05 01:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well then.

Does consciousness lay claim to a certain body? What a ridiculous concept. No form of consciousness has a right to a particular body. Some avoid as you would if you saw an "occupied" sign. Some barge in and take up residence.

Thus... why do you feel that "you" are the parasite rather than the one that belongs there? If you're experiencing dual-consciousness (did I just make up a new phrase?) then perhpaps you feel that one may "belong" and one may not. You can't be sure which is "you." Maybe "you" are neither.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #4136262 - 05/05/05 05:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

salvia, it seems, made it possible to accept the fact that *maybe* there wasn't actually something 'wrong' with me after all

Okay. Have you seen "Being John Malkovich" by the way?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: moog]
    #4136559 - 05/05/05 08:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hhmmm...the idea that physical vessels are cummunity property is intriguing

like we're all just 'spiritual parasites' laying claims to whatever body just so happens to draw our attention

like I'm not actually leeching offa anyone - I'm simply enjoying the ride with a partner, as opposed to having to face this world on my own

yeah...I kinda like the sound of that  :craven:
(not to suggest I think that's likely the case or anything, but it is certainly a fun concept to muse over)

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Alan Stone]
    #4136562 - 05/05/05 08:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

oh...and that's a 'no' for "Being John Malkovich"

I'm assuming it has something to do with multiple personalities though, right?

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4136601 - 05/05/05 09:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

this is true, we died.. :P eh he

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePistachio
Stranger
Male

Re: the secret to 'immortality' [Re: Calvin13]
    #6653241 - 03/09/07 04:53 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Calvin13 said:
i can see how you can get that out of a salvia trip, whenever i would trip i would get a sensation of an intense pressence, often multiple pressenses which i would simply call "salvia men" its like they were alien spirits trying to enslave my body/kick me out. they would take me to their world, one time a salvia man was going through my body appraising all my inside body parts, i could see it from his view too, traveling around my body seeing all my bones it was crazy scary.

and like alan stone said, what you feel on a trip isnt always reality, in fact its almost never. i wouldnt start to think of your soul as a parasitic ghost after one weird trip.

haha hell yah!

"salvia men"

good way to put it.

i visited their planet...
they sorrounded me shouting my name from directions i didn't know existed. for some reason it made me so happy i cried for like 10 minutes afterward.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology