Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Is This True?
    #4116513 - 04/30/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am actually talking to a friend right now about this subject. He says farmers nowadays feed their cattle stuff which prevents shrooms from growing off the patties. I heard about this before but didn't know if it was true. I thought it was a myth. Now that I think about it don't cows eat grass all day long? Or do they eat some sort of feed which could be altered?

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Edited by mighty_bop (04/30/05 09:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUrb
Last Man Standing
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: Is This True? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4116580 - 04/30/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have heard this before. But most people here say it isn't so. I had one pastute that produced year'round , day or night. Then all of the sudded I started to notice different types of grain in the feces & coinciding the field STOPPED producing altogether. I have also noticed salt licks in the pasture. I have heard that a salt lick ( if that is what it really is)also acts as a growth inhibiter for fungi.

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: Is This True? [Re: Urb]
    #4116712 - 04/30/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would say not true- My dad is a farmer and the last thing on his mind is mush growing out in his pastures.. Maybe what they feed the cattle prevents them from growing.. but its not For that reason which i think is where the " Myth " comes in

OfflineSilverSurfer
Stranger

Re: Is This True? [Re: cube428]
    #4116844 - 04/30/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes i have looked into this. some states require it be fed to the cows. but it is more expensive so farmers dont like it. also it CANNOT be used on dairy cows, as the fungicide spoils the milk.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Is This True? [Re: SilverSurfer]
    #4117687 - 05/01/05 03:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've gotta call bullshit on that rumor unless anyone can cite a legitimate source.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Is This True? [Re: Signo]
    #4117796 - 05/01/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know about legislation in the US, but it appears nonsensical and ecologically extremely questionable that a government would require farmers to deliberately prevent mushrooms from growing in their pastures. This would certainly be a nice one for Greenpeace and other environmental zealots.

Moreover, if these fungicides that are fed to cattle would be harmful for the general public if they end up in the milk, then the effect on the meat from cattle fed with these fungicides would most likely be similar. Thus, this method would be inappropriate for both dairy and meat stock, which makes the story even more ridiculous IMHO.

As far as I know, there are some farmers about that apply fungicides to their pastures. Not via the food of the cattle, but directly onto the pasture itself. This is not done to prevent hallucinogenic mushrooms from growing, however, but apparently it is meant to eradicate fungi that could be harmful to the cattle or crops.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Is This True? [Re: koraks]
    #4118573 - 05/01/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's a myth. Farmers DO NOT feed their cattle any sort of fungicides, period.
They do put fungicide on the cow patties directly, but never on grass, hay, or other feed. Plus, the only reason a farmer will waste their time to put fungicides on the dung is if they have had problems with ppl picking shrooms out of their pastures.
I have also heard ppl say that the fungicide kills spores. That is also a myth. Fungicides only prevent mycelium from forming, but cannot stop mushrooms from growing out of already present mycelium. I have found shrooms growing out of a cow pattie littered with white, powdery fungicide. They actually had the fungicide on their caps from where they came up through it (but i wouldnt recommend eating shrooms that grow like this, there's a reason they dont feed cows the stuff).

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Is This True? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4118578 - 05/01/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

EDIT:
I take that back, there are some stupid farmers that feed their cattle fungicides. Those cows get very sick.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Is This True? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4119761 - 05/01/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Farmers do not put any fungicides on cow pies. That is rediculous. I studied the habits and habitats of Hawaiian livestock and Fungi at the University of Hawaii's Livestock and Experimental Farm for 8 years and also from 30 years of collecting shrooms in fields.

And I should also mention that most mushrooms appearing in cow paddies grow from spore deposits on the grasses under where a cow shit.

Even if someone sprayed a paddie with fungicide, that would not affect the mycelial growing on the grass and bottom of the paddie. Any fungicides on the top of the paddie would dry up when the sun comes out. Remember that the majority of Cubes and Copes grow primarily in the decomposed manure of cattle.

Farmers do spray antibiotics onto fields in tanker trucks but that causes no harm to cow-paddies.

People need to quit spreading Urban legend about such ideas.

mj

OfflineAjna_Chakra
(getting)stranger
Loc: ?atalh?y?k
Re: Is This True? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4120597 - 05/01/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm from Melbourne, so I hunt subs, generally around garden and flower beds with bark and certain plants that more often than not are maintained by our local council. I've noticed in the past that the council have sprayed some sort of pesticide to prevent/kill weeds.

Out of habit (paranoia?), I generally avoid mushrooms growing in sprayed beds. Maybe I'm just concerned if I take a good dose of subby and feel ego death, the last thought before I dissolve would be - "The fucken council's spray killed me ... not like this, not like this!"

--------------------
All glory to the Hypnotoad!

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Is This True? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4159548 - 05/10/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And I should also mention that most mushrooms appearing in cow paddies grow from spore deposits on the grasses under where a cow shit.

I read somewhere that the spores are eaten with the grass, mycelium grows in the cow's stomach because there are no stomach acids in a cow's stomach, and when the cow shit's, the pie is already pre-colonized to some degree.

Is this not true?

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is This True? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4160118 - 05/10/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

some spores pass through the cows stomaches but it isnt likely to germinate and
start growing mycelium in there, if it did there would be bits of mycelium in all
the poo and all of them would likely grow mushrooms

as for fungicide in the feed, it is in some brands and depending on the
quantities used, storage methods and the environment it's required because it
will mold, the thing is that it's in very small quantities on the feed and that
feed is only a small portion of the diet, the vast majority of farmers that
raise live stock grow their own feeds because a few seeds can yeild a couple
of pounds of grain

as for sprinlking on cow pies, absolutely pointless and far to costly as several mentioned

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Is This True? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4160151 - 05/10/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I showed my uncle this thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4152485/an/0/page/1 (who has over 200 head of cattle) and he laughed for an hour. He said if anything at all it would be in there grain as already stated above to keep the feed from molding.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is This True? [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #4160279 - 05/11/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, I just said that, I live in a cattle community, 2 angus ranches withi a few miles, since cattle graze most of the day the grain is just a small portion of their diet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom