Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects?
    #4096904 - 04/25/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When using shrooms or other hallucinogens, do you think what you see of feel (obviously what you feel.. but more the superficial effects) are altered by what type of person you are?
For example, my ex-gf who is _extremely_ organized and must have everything in a time slot has very boring dreams.. basically she dreams about real life - relationships, going to class, going home, breaking up , doing homework etc etc.. i mean how boring are dreams where every single time it's "so yeah.. i saw you at a party and then we went to go eat and then i had to do a paper so i quick did it and then i saw my ex bf".
I on the other hand am pretty artistic, i love music etc, i suck at math. I love to paint/draw and so on. I also love "trippy" type pictures, like surrealist. Likewise, my dreams are VERY trippy.. like the last one i had was a floating parking lot in a sky with a single twisted tree and trash blowing around. That was it.. me in this parking lot in the melancholy clouds.. and there was a bum i talked to. Anyways, sorry..
I was wondering if you think that same principle applies to shrooms? I definitely love visuals/anything trippy, so i figure my brain might process stuff differently (subliminally towards what my brain prefers.. which would be creative stuff) and thus making my trip more visual or surreal.

Also, as a second question, I have only tripped with friends in daylight. I heard that when you close your eyes and go in a dark room with music, its MUCH easier to control your trip and its way easier to avoid a bad trip.. is this true? If this is the case, I think i might do this for my next trip (whicfh will be higher than last time, like 3 g)

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: Limelight]
    #4097152 - 04/25/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That first thing you talked about is pretty interesting. The shroom experience does take into consideration what type of person you are, so why not? Maybe someone who has more intricate and skewed dreams will have more bizarre and interesting trips.

But then again, most people who have experience a good enuff dose will tell you that "shrooms are crazy!!!"

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/25/05 08:56 PM)

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4097766 - 04/25/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going out on a limb here, but i would think that the mushroom would send your girlfriend for more of a mindfuck (excuse the expression) then it would you. i say this because if she is ultra organized,and in your opinion, has not experienced abstract thought and creative outflow as you have, then the mushroom experience while not being visually more intense (I don't think that the physical experience will differ drastically from you to her as that is more of a function of metabolism and dosage) the metal aspect of the trip will send her to new and fantastical places which are far further from her normal experience then they would be for you. i think this absolute newness for her will produce a stronger more profound experience.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: sander]
    #4097935 - 04/26/05 03:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ahh, i see. good point man. It would also be reasonable to assume, by that logic, that a trip i have could be "easier controlled" than with her (ie, less chance of a bad trip). However, in higher doses, does that still hold true? I'm thinking of trying 3g soon, and so far i have been extremely content the entire time, and i believe i am mentally prepared to let go for the next time when i eat more.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: Limelight]
    #4098024 - 04/26/05 06:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why would you like control your trip? Let it flow - more interesting things will emerge :wink:

--------------------
enjoy life!

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: Kras]
    #4098878 - 04/26/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wish my dreams were that trippy...my dreams are always about me smoking crack or shooting heroin (neither of which I've done or have a desire to do). Fucking weird :undecided:.

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #4100148 - 04/26/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hmm... thats very interesting.. ever attempted to get your gf to try mushrooms with you.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Do you think there's a relationship between mind/metal type and effects? [Re: ckyrock]
    #4100686 - 04/26/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is my ex-gf.. so i have no desire at all to do them with her. btw, i didnt mean "control" the trip, I meant is it easier to guide it away from bad thoughts, not necessarily controlling it completely :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

#4136169 - 05/05/05 02:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well... for me it's a good thing to get through that bad-thoughts-thing. Afterwards I'm lighter - and my life-time problem was finally accepted by my soul and I'll never have to worry about it :wink:

--------------------
enjoy life!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom