Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3773752 -

We like hoopla.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: RRhoads]
    #3774253 -

Im ordering a fruit salad tree now.  Wish me luck!  :goodluck:

I know I am being a sucker.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Jim]
    #3775325 -

for all the trouble and time to make a single fruit salad tree, they are awfully cheap. thats my biggest doubt here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3778796 -

Coconut milk is loaded with growth hormones. If I remember right it was used in the first tissue cultures. Anyone ever tried it?


--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Jim]
    #3778968 -

GratefulJim said:
Im ordering a fruit salad tree now.  Wish me luck!  :goodluck:

I know I am being a sucker.



Where did you order from?  You should have a growlog with pics!  I'm very interested in seeing the result of one of these plastic surgeory trees.

So dry animal food generally contains certain growth hormones.  I used to eat craploads of guinea pig food as a kid.


--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: schmutzen]
    #3779319 -

bigger isnt always better but for thick tomatos i recommend the Beefsteak variety. currently i have a 12ft+ tall one growing in a dwc (hydroponic) and you can get them from home depot or whatever in season.


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3779670 -

Does pollinating with crabapple affect the taste of the fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3780547 -

Should only effect the way the seeds turn out.


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Hooty]
    #3780896 -

yeah, i was thinking the same thing....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3782561 -

Mitchnast said:
for all the trouble and time to make a single fruit salad tree, they are awfully cheap. thats my biggest doubt here



it used to cost me about $4 for a 3yo Apple tree if I purchased a bare root tree,
an aadditional $1 per tree for shipping, currently that price is $9 per tree
due to the economy, gas prices and everything else thats jacking up prices for all goods.

tree grafting takes little time, losses are minimal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3782565 -

Baby_Hitler said:
Does pollinating with crabapple affect the taste of the fruit?



as hooty had mentioned, each variety of apple cannot polinate it's self, so you
can either use a crabapple as a polinator or use 2 different varieties of apple

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3822940 -

Apparently for real...

The whole article is here
www.broward.com/mld/mercurynews/living/home/6750080.htm

A TAD TARDY, BUT BIG, BEEFY AND BOUNTIFUL ALL THE SAME, THANK YOU
By Holly Hayes, Mercury News (Posted on Fri, Sep. 12, 2003)

The ad promised ``An Entire Tomato Farm on One Single Tree!'' and that I'd have ``Bushels of Tomato Clusters Summer to Fall.''
It sounded too good to be true. But after a season of nurturing my mail-order Giant Tree Tomato plants, I'm thrilled to report that while I might not exactly have a tomato ``farm'' out there in the garden, I do have a lot of tomatoes.
And the best thing is: They're big and beefy and they taste really, really good.
This is a little mind-boggling if you'll recall how pathetic these seedlings looked when they arrived last April, packaged in cardboard, their itty-bitty roots in a plastic sleeve. The postal journey from Gardeners' Choice in Michigan must have been a trial. I didn't think they had a chance, no matter how green my thumb might be.
The over-the-top prose in the advertisement I saw in Parade magazine had made me skeptical, to say the least, but I was determined to give these little guys a fair shot. First, they were tucked into clean pots with new potting soil, a slender chopstick providing support for wobbly stems. By mid-May, the plants were sturdy enough to be planted in a corner of a colleague's plot in the Mercury News employee garden. I fashioned baskets out of chicken wire to foil the gophers and nestled them into the compost-rich soil. Both had blossoms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: rockwallshipp]
    #3824038 -

Cool, Thanks.

I thought I'd try it, even though it looks like a scam.  Results will be posted in late summer :sun:


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: schmutzen]
    #3829195 -

Watching The Today Show (I think?) today and this lady had a picture of a tomato tree with 500 square feet of foliage. The fruits were golf-ball sized, but there was a canopy that was filled with these fruits. It was crazy!


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4091026 -

Quote:
thanks... it'll be about a week before I'm done with it and I'll make a post with lots of hoopla



Prisoner, did I miss this post? Any updates? :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Organic]
    #4098035 -

bump?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Organic]
    #4098337 -

Organic said:
Quote:
thanks... it'll be about a week before I'm done with it and I'll make a post with lots of hoopla



Prisoner, did I miss this post? Any updates? :smile:



I have about half of the post done, I ended up getting pretty busy with tilling and planting over the last month so I havent had time to finish it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Giant Tree Tomato [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4098346 -

Cool, understood...thanks for the update


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* mutant tomato Mycomancer 2,393 16 06/06/07 07:15 PM
by bukujutsu
* dogfood fertilizer gogrowgo123 1,652 3 06/06/06 05:04 PM
by Psychoslut
* 8 foot tomato trees? Safe? LuNaTiX 1,031 8 03/11/06 05:19 PM
by Morphrying
* Tomato problem... ccdove 1,438 8 07/17/06 02:27 AM
by Meat_Log_Smurf
* tomatos and cannabis.. CosmicFunGuy 1,292 4 09/25/07 11:41 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Everyone loves jukes tomato plant ;)
( 1 2 all )
Juke Adro 2,091 25 12/02/08 07:56 AM
by KBG1977
* Poppies going in with my garden with the tomatoes and such mikemushroom 2,538 10 05/02/07 07:06 PM
by TurntableJunky
* tomatoes in containers
( 1 2 all )
afoaf 2,607 30 10/14/05 11:47 PM
by Mycomancer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
9,537 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.