Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
tomatos and cannabis..
    #7451799 - 09/25/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i know a lot of people say that cannabis and tomatos grow pretty similarly... i'm not very experienced in cannabis growing, outdoor mostly, a few indoor bagseed plants here and there. i usually grow about 30-50 tomato plants in the garden each year.

I have plans to start growing hydroponically at some point in the future, from my understanding (via hearsay) tomatos and cannabis need similar feeding setup for hydro... if this is true can i grow cannabis and tomatos on the same system at the same time? or is this a bad idea... no, i'm not looking to cover up the cannabis by growing tomatos, I just want inddor tomatos in the winter.

any guidance is appreciated... thx

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlion
Male

Re: tomatos and cannabis.. [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7451850 - 09/25/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

oh god, spawn the Tomannabis

OfflineDave Bowman
Albert Hoffmans Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Your Imagination
Re: tomatos and cannabis.. [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7451863 - 09/25/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Probably a bad idea, especially if using a Recirculating Hydro set up, then they share the same nutrient solution. Cannabis is going to need less nutes in the beginning of its life and more later on during flowering.

Now, however, You can have your tomatoes on a seperate recirculating or even seperate system, in the same room, under the same lights, without any problems whatsoever.

I have a cannabis grow finishing up as we speak, and am also interested in growing some vegies during my next grow immediately following this one.

Of course, I've never actually TRIED growing both tomatoes and cannabis on the same R-DWC system that I use at the same time before, but it seems like either one or the other species will be very happy and they other will not be; (More nutes for the tomatoes during vegetative growth = happy tomatoes, but nute burned cannabis. etc)

Good luck! Of course I'm not trying to discourage you in any way. You can always like I said previously, just have a couple stand-alone DWC bubbler buckets for the tomatoes and have the rest of your cannabis plants on their own system. This way, you can monitor and adjust both seperately, but they can grow together.

Hope I could help a little?

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: tomatos and cannabis.. [Re: Alion]
    #7453119 - 09/25/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sick of all this tomacco.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: tomatos and cannabis.. [Re: afoaf]
    #7454005 - 09/25/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

wot synthettek said... they can share the same environment but its probably best that they dont share the same nutrient resevoir.

--------------------
View My Gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck