Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
name this book
    #4045352 -

I can't remember the title and its bugging me. The story is about a kind of commune where the people can't/don't see color, until the end when this one boy begins to remember and goes to some guru guy and he gives him these memories of snow and the such. the boy eventually goes on a quest and dies in the snow.

i may be slightly off in my retelling, its been years since i read it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: name this book [Re: fearfect]
    #4045397 -

The Giver


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: name this book [Re: trendal]
    #4045402 -

:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: name this book [Re: fearfect]
    #4045411 -

You know what's funny? You aren't the first person I've heard ask about this book WITHOUT knowing the title. I did the same thing a few years ago, as I could remember reading the story (and it's a GREAT story!) but had no idea what the title was.

Then one day I was in the local library and just happened to see the book sitting on the Returns shelf :smile:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: name this book [Re: trendal]
    #4045429 -

Dude, I was thinking about this book the other day, and couldn't for the LIFE of me remember the name of it.  I saw the title of this thread, and somehow knew this was the book you would be referring to...it popped into my head the other day, when I wasn't thinking about it.  SUCH an awesome book.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: name this book [Re: Liz]
    #4045446 -

collective conciousness at work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What books are on YOUR bookshelf?..............
( 1 2 all )
Bullfrog1 3,452 21 04/10/03 09:04 AM
by Squid
* name this book htownkid28 1,646 13 12/22/02 09:43 AM
by mntlfngrs
* Misplaced Anger and a Death Threat against Ben Giver StrandedVoyager 1,239 6 05/21/06 04:03 AM
by monamine
* What are your favorite books??
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,931 44 03/19/04 03:41 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Give a short book promo and excerpt enotake2 1,265 7 12/19/03 06:35 PM
by djfrog
* a yoga book *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
lukeboots 2,490 20 05/24/04 12:56 PM
by phi1618
* english title for a french cartoon tv serie shriek 1,570 7 03/18/04 10:44 AM
by shriek
* I remember a girl question_for_joo 503 2 06/28/04 08:02 AM
by Phishgrrl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
528 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.