Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejtop11
Stranger

Caught?
    #4042273 - 04/11/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Alright I know this sounds noOb as hell...but what are some of ya'lls tactics or (hopefully) hypothetical tactics on getting spotted out in the fields? Say you have a huge bag full, Cops roll up...what do you do? We've always said if it comes down to it...rip the bags up really well (hopefully you are using paper) scatter the shrooms....take the tresspassing if you can't easily get away without getting chased too hard. Maybe I'm all wrong...but I guess that's why I'm starting this thread...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: Caught? [Re: jtop11]
    #4042348 - 04/11/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Well if the field is by any sort of road (which they usually are) than I just say I hit a dog and I wanted to see of it was ok. Or my cat jumped out of my back window and ran this way. If you had tons of shrooms than I would just explain you were picking mushrooms. Here in Florida it is leagal to pick fresh shrooms in low quantities. However, it is ileagal to consume them or dry them for storing.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
Re: Caught? [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #4042484 - 04/11/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

get the farmers permission, that way there is no problem. around here, all the farms are(a huge majorrity of em) are out in the country. u could sit in themiddle of the roads for hours and never have to move because of a car

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #4042870 - 04/11/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Here in Florida it is leagal to pick fresh shrooms in low quantities.

Not true. This only happened in one case. If you're counting on using that specific case as your get out of jail free card... expect to end up in jail.

No where in Florida law does it say fresh psilocybian mushrooms are legal. In fact, it specifically states that psilocybin and any mushrooms that contain psilocybin are both illegal. Fresh or dried.

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Caught? [Re: Gumby]
    #4042915 - 04/11/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I am not familiar with mushroom hunting in the USA on farmers land. But from what i hear, is that, if you ask the farmer if you can go mushroom hunting on his land, he will probably let you. Don't say anything about "Magic Mushrooms", even though he may have an idea. Have a small conversation ready, as he might suprise you with some questions.

But from what i hear, they are ussually nice enough to let you look through some fields.

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Caught? [Re: rocknliam]
    #4042936 - 04/11/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

i would probably say that im looking for "edible mushrooms" as in the ones you eat normally with pizza that grow (i would act a bit ignorant as too which species im looking for, making a cop think he knew more about anything when in reality he doesnt) :smile:

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Caught? [Re: Raspo]
    #4043027 - 04/11/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Its safer to just ask.It's not the cop you have to worry about.It's the land owners phone call to the police or even worse the land owner feeling how un-necessary it is to call the cops and instead go to the old gun cabinet and grab the Mossberg and contemplate filling it with rocksalt and rat shot,buck shot,or a slug.
I know how awkward it seems to just go to some random persons door and ask if you can hunt mushrooms,but it's better to do that than to have a cop take you downtown in the paddy wagon or have Farmer Brown shoot you in the ass with a butt-load of rock salt.

I just had an idea.Has anyone ever gone into a chat room,say like a yahoo by location room and looked for any local ranch owners?Seems like a good idear.

Edited by Baton_Rouge_Voodoo (04/12/05 08:20 AM)

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Caught? [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #4044849 - 04/12/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I dunno about that...from what I heard a foaf went out to a farmer's house and asked for permission onto the field and the farmer pointed a shotgun at him and made him wait for the police to come...I also heard another story where the ranch-owner was a police officer and he handcuffed the guy and then shot him in the back as the kid was walking away from the house...fucked up shit.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Caught? [Re: Raspo]
    #4045383 - 04/12/05 11:24 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

The case you are referring to is a deputy sheriff in the late 1970s shot and killed two mushroom pickers int he back after he told them he did not want to wever see them in a field again picking magic mushrooms. He was seen shooting thehand-culffed kids int he back ny a passing deputy who arrested him. He got 8 yeasr for manslaughter and dismissed form the force, Went to jail and got out in five years.

mj

No urban legends please.

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: Caught? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4046092 - 04/12/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.shroomwizard.com/GGreat.html

Sorry, this is what I found when I first started hunting. I always assumed it to be true.

"First off, It's illegal. Trespassing is illegal. And unfortunately, Psilocybe mushrooms are also illegal. One very vague exception is in the state of Florida. The laws regarding psychoactive shrooms in Florida say that it is not illegal to have freshly harvested shrooms in low quantities. Dry shrooms and trespassing are a very different story. So, it is in your best interest to not get caught doing this. Just to be on the safe side, it is recommended that you pick "ALL" the mushrooms that you see (magic or not). This way, if you are caught (by chance) by the police picking, then you can say that you were only looking for edible mushrooms. This is a highly recommended thing to do if you are picking in a state other than Florida. It is a smart thing to do even if you are picking in Florida. This is also so you won't waste time finding the same mushrooms two or three times in the same outing. Remember that fresh magic mushrooms are not illegal in Florida. So don't give your shrooms over to a cop. They are your mushrooms, not theirs. They didn't find them, you did. And they simply just are not illegal to have in your possession.
If you feel that hunting shrooms is going to get you caught, then you would be better off asking for permission from the owner of the property before hand. A lot of farmers appreciate the fact that you ask them before you would have gone onto their property without their consent. Try offering them some money for each time you come to find mushrooms. If you have permission or you own your own field then you are home free."

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4046268 - 04/12/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

replyto legality in FL:
I went hunting one night and before I got to a field a cop pulled up and searched us, and asked if we were hunting. AFter denying it and just before he left, he told us "Hey u know it's legal to pick shrooms, u just can't eat them"

Dunno if he woulda been so nice had we had sacks of shrooms, but it's interesting that the police knew of this case.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Caught? [Re: NariusFractal]
    #4046419 - 04/12/05 02:51 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

"Hey u know it's legal to pick shrooms, u just can't eat them"

I know in city, state or national parks its illegal. A cop searched you while you was in someone elses field picking mushrooms and didn't make you leave?

In florida you have the Religious Freedom Act I belive that lets you do drugs as part of prayer? But possession of mushrooms is ILLEGAL.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Caught? [Re: Civ]
    #4046548 - 04/12/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

The "i was looking for edibles" story is prolly the best one out there (as long as you have more than one species in the bag).
If you think about it, actually looking for edibles and accidentally picking acitves is more plausible than hunting for both simultaneously (atleast in the police mans head), and the cops will probably believe you. Even if they dont believe you, that story will put the prosecution in a court room to shame, especially if you act like you are a newbie shroomer. The people won't punish you if they think you made an honest mistake and didn't know they were active.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Caught? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4054685 - 04/14/05 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

1 In Florida it is illegal to KNOWINGLY collect magic shrooms.
-You have to act like they are just EDIBLES.

2 Dont tell the copper "there are no illegal mushrooms in the state of florida as long as they are fresh"
-Because the copper (if he wants) can still take you to jail, if he wants to take you for a ride.

3 Fiske vs. the state of Florida 1978 is still real.
Even if the coppers do a lab analysis of your shrooms you still will not be charged for psilocybin possession.
-They will however do everything they can to nail you for trespassing or another charge, just to get you..

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

And of course there is mjshroomer's story about the two kids actually being shot dead in a field..

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Caught? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4055979 - 04/14/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

The place where I go is a pay for the day fishing pond inside of a cow pasture. I'm there to fish if I get asked, but mostly no one is going to ask because the owners know that people are on there land. As long as you put your $2 in the box at the gate and close the gate after yourself, they don't give a rats ass what you do, as long as you don't bother their cows.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinemeluvshrooms
Stranger
Loc: North Florida
Re: Caught? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4056479 - 04/14/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
The case you are referring to is a deputy sheriff in the late 1970s shot and killed two mushroom pickers int he back after he told them he did not want to wever see them in a field again picking magic mushrooms. He was seen shooting thehand-culffed kids int he back ny a passing deputy who arrested him. He got 8 yeasr for manslaughter and dismissed form the force, Went to jail and got out in five years.

mj

No urban legends please.

"Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those that have never used them."
-Timothy Leary

--------------------
Shr00ms make me Happy! :cool:

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Caught? [Re: meluvshrooms]
    #4056820 - 04/14/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

meluvshrooms said:
Quote:

mjshroomer said:
The case you are referring to is a deputy sheriff in the late 1970s shot and killed two mushroom pickers int he back after he told them he did not want to wever see them in a field again picking magic mushrooms. He was seen shooting thehand-culffed kids int he back ny a passing deputy who arrested him.  He got 8 yeasr for manslaughter and dismissed form the force,  Went to jail and got out in five years.

mj

No urban legends please.

"Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those that have never used them."
-Timothy Leary

:lol: :stoned: :lol: :nut: :shocked: :confused: :crazy: :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Caught? [Re: Gumby]
    #4059410 - 04/15/05 03:02 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Quote:

Here in Florida it is leagal to pick fresh shrooms in low quantities.

Not true. This only happened in one case. If you're counting on using that specific case as your get out of jail free card... expect to end up in jail.

No where in Florida law does it say fresh psilocybian mushrooms are legal. In fact, it specifically states that psilocybin and any mushrooms that contain psilocybin are both illegal. Fresh or dried.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates