Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida?
    #5427787 - 03/22/06 12:10 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hi all, first time poster. I just got back from Amsterdam, and I had my first mushroom expirence with some Philosophers Stones, and some called Amazonian XTC. I noticed on the box of the mushrooms it said that they were supplied from Florida, I thought that was odd, as they are illegal here. When I showed my friend, he told me that he heard there was some sort of loophole, where fresh mushrooms arent illegal, and dried ones are. Yet after looking at some laws, it seems he was wrong, only if you take it to court the mushrooms charge MIGHT be dropped. So my question to you guys is, how and why would AMSTERDAM of all places get mushrooms from florida? This wasnt just one Smart Shop that had them from here, we checked at least 3. They all said they were from Florida, USA. I just need some answers, if I broke any noob rules here, Im very sorry.

Edited by Cash4Cookies (03/22/06 12:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: Cash4Cookies]
    #5427939 - 03/22/06 12:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hate to reply to my own thread, but I couldnt type anymore on the other post. Anyways, I found this on Erowid.org. "Some states in the U.S. and some countries have ruled that growing psilocybe mushrooms does not qualify as 'manufacturing' a controlled substance (psilocybin)." Now, apparently florida grows mushrooms, and sells them to smartshops in amsterdam. Now if this is true, could anyone buy these from whoever supplies them?

InvisibleDK1
Male
    #5428986 - 03/22/06 10:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe they have a DEA license.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: DK1]
    #5429066 - 03/22/06 10:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybine mushrooms are illegal in the United States, although the laws are against the chemicals, you can still be prosecuted if the authorites wish to prosecute. In Florida fresh mushrooms are not illegal, but then that does not mean you could not be busted for possession of them.

I also do not believe that any growers in Amsterdam get their mushrooms supplied from Florida. That is simply bullshit.

I am very familar with many of the smart shops there. And I am also friends with several owners of large scaled mushroom farms in the country. ANd with several owners ofr the smart shops there.

Having said that?

mj

I have posted here before, pictures of containers of mushrooms soold in the Nederlands and not a single container says supplied from Florida.
And I have a lot more images buit see no need to post them here.
mj

Got any pictures mate?

OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5429292 - 03/22/06 11:59 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Man, I didnt snap any pictures. I wish there was someone from Amsterdam on this forum, because honestly, we bought like 4 boxes of Philosopher Stones, and they all said they were from Florida, USA. I will try to describe the packaging... It had a black plastic bottom, with a clear top. It said very plainly "Philosopher Stones" on the top, and the packaging had a skinny label that went around the box. On one side, it talked about how you arent supposed to eat the mushrooms, and all the warning stuff, and on the other side it said Florida USA. If anyone in Amsterdam reads this, please go to the Bulldog smartshop, next to the bulldog hostel and ask to look at the philosopher stones. All the other mushrooms were packaged in the exact same package, so I am assuming they are all from florida. I just wish I asked about where they get them when I was there. I might try calling them and asking them about it.

I understand this sounds pretty far fetched, Amsterdam getting mushrooms from Florida, but I am not lying, and I know what I saw. We were all pretty confused about the fact that we were from Florida, and so were the mushrooms we were eating. I am 100% positive that somehow, some Smart Shops get their mushrooms from Florida, unless the packaging was lying? All im saying is, if Amsterdam can get them from florida, why couldnt anyone? I hope to get some answers, if no one can answer it here, I will try to investigate it further.

Edited by Cash4Cookies (03/22/06 12:05 PM)

OfflineMead
Closet Chemist
 User Gallery

#5429322 - 03/22/06 12:11 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe it was saying the the stones originated from spores from Florida?? IE tampanensis

--------------------

OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: Mead]
    #5429345 - 03/22/06 12:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I thought about that, but havnt they not been seen in the wild since 1977? Does anyone on this website live in Amsterdam that might be able to check for us, and ask about their supplier? Just hypothetically, if they do get them somehow in Florida, wouldn't it make a lot of people here happy?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5429491 - 03/22/06 01:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry but P. tampanensis has been collected in Mississippi and in Florida also recently.

Here is a box from the Conscious Dreams Kokopelli Smart Shop. These are sold in 7 shops in Amsterdam, all owned by Hans van den Hurk, Hans is the one who first sold magic shrooms and owns all of the Conscious Dreams Collective Smart Shops, including the Kokopelli.

Here is their Philospohers stones packaging

and their printed sheets.

btw, those printed sheets are in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and German for the tourist industry.

mj

OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5429503 - 03/22/06 01:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I dont understand what you are saying. The philosopher stones we got from the Bulldog Smartshop didn't come in that packaging. Are you insinuating that I am making this up?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #5430030 - 03/22/06 03:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Amsterdam mushrooms are made in Amsterdam.

It's illegal to cultivated psychoactive mushrooms in Florida.

The Stones that you saw at the smart shops were probably P. tampanesis. The species was originally discovered outside of Brandon, Florida.

And as you can see in mjshroomers pictures, Amsterdam cultivates their own mushrooms.

There is no need to ship them from Florida all the way to Europe.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5430965 - 03/22/06 07:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The Amsterdam P. tampanensis sclerotia are from spores obtained years ago from one of several of Steven Pollock's Companies which had numerous ads in High Times and other similar ephemeral publications. IT was Steven who found the lone specimens of the mushroom in Tampa Florida in the early 1970s.

Recently the mushrooms have been collected in Mississippi and some in Florida and are on deposit at the Instituto de Ecologia in Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico in the herbarium.

mj

OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
    #5431286 - 03/22/06 08:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well I talked to a guy on another forum, and he is saying that he thinks its just that the strain of mushrooms is from Florida, and he is probebly right.  It just backed up what you guys were saying.  Well thanks for the info.  I guess thats that, now I need to get into growing.  Until I move to Amsterdam.  :cool:

Edited by Cash4Cookies (03/22/06 08:28 PM)

OfflineCash4Cookies
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in Amsterdam supplied from Florida? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5432880 - 03/23/06 03:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed, thanks for the all help guys. Its weird that those mushrooms originated here, because thats where I live, Brandon Florida.

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery
Loc: california!
    #5460172 - 03/30/06 05:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

not too weird.... look around at the right temps and you just might be surprised : ) go on! do a lil research on this site! its the cats meow.

--------------------
omg really?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale