Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Scar Tissue
    #4018493 -

I thought I'd mention this book I'm currently reading. If anyone is into the Chili Peppers, or just want to read a good book... check this out. Anthony Kiedis wrote it, and it's all about his life. Another tale of drugs, sex, and rocknroll i suppose, basically. It's very thorough and pretty interesting. It's awesome, at least I think so.  :thumbup: :smile:


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Locus]
    #4018808 -

Sounds good,  I'll have to check it out.  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4018832 -

cool I too might check it out. The last book I read because of a band was "Johny got his Gun" by Dalto Trumbo I read this cause Metallica's "ONE" was based off it and let me say this is one of the best books I read. It's an Anti war noval other than that I won't say too much because I don't wanna give anything away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: scribble]
    #4018880 -

The last one I read was Dark Star, a bio of Jerry Garcia complied of interviews with those that knew him best and loved him the most....it's an incredible book, I keep reading it over and over again.  :gd_icon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4018888 -

Great :smile:

Yeah, I really think you guys will like this. A good friend of mine recommended it to me about a month ago, and I've been pretty into it ever since I finally got it. I definitely think it's a good book to purchase. It's a hardcover and not expensive or anything so just check it out. Anthony is a good writer as well, it's all very interesting and as revealing as one can get. Also included are some personal pics of his throughout the book.

Are you into the Chili Peppers also?


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Locus]
    #4018915 -

Yeah, the Peppers are great.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4018922 -

I second that motion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4018927 -

Dark_Star said:
Yeah, the Peppers are great.



:thumbup:

yeah i'll have to check it out as well... i need a good read for my flight to ecuador anyway, so i'll look into that book... thanks for the tip, man!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: In(di)go]
    #4018945 -

Ecuador? That's awesome man, is it a vacation or work thing?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4018973 -

i actually grew up there... 13 years of my life... my dad still lives down there so i'm gonna go visit!  :laugh:

it's about time, too... haven't been home in 3 and a half years...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: In(di)go]
    #4019049 -

Sweet man, enjoy your trip.  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4019189 -

oh i will! 'tis gonna be sweeeeet....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: Locus]
    #4019340 -

I recently read that book. The Peppers are my favorite band. It is a good read because Anthony wrote in his street voice, really raw and honest.

I don't know what it is about him that is so freaking cool. Catch what he did once. He was walking the red carpet for some awards show. Some group was there collecting charity for homeless children. The other stars were just walking by not giving a damn and Anthony stopped and emptied his pockets. He gave whatever he had on him right there, a wad of cash, his watch and his cell phone and then kept walking in like it was nothin.

I bought the book hoping to hear more about the making of their By the Way CD, my all time fav, and I was disappointed he covered the making of every CD but that one.

It was still a cool read anyway! He's had one hell of a life!

I'm gonna go play that CD now. Can't Stop, Minor Thing ahhhhh :evil: :drumming: :jammingout: :rockon: :headbanger: :headbang:


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scar Tissue [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4019397 -

:laugh: :thumbup: Yes dude! :laugh:


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Scar Tissue StonedShroom 617 11 12/09/07 01:56 AM
by ShiVersblood
* Post your scars!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CherryBomM 4,541 82 07/02/09 09:32 PM
by Tomass
* Keloid scars blink 1,144 15 06/04/04 03:39 AM
by SpecialEd
* Getting a tattoo over a nasty scar
( 1 2 3 all )
Gratos 2,895 46 06/09/07 08:09 PM
by Acidic_Sloth
* Scar Tissue TurntableJunky 219 0 09/19/07 06:05 AM
by TurntableJunky
* caylee anthony may be found! doulovebeef 1,014 10 11/13/08 03:13 PM
by LeftyBurnz
* Casey Anthony Got Away With Murder
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Coaster 10,662 239 07/08/11 04:29 PM
by PeterGriffin467
* Saint Anthony of ergotism tomatoes 2,076 14 06/25/03 06:36 PM
by tomatoes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
621 topic views. 5 members, 19 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.