Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: exclusive58]
    #4000212 -

exclusive58 said:
but his actions were totally done with good intentions. he preached respect to other religions, he preached peace and solidarity in the world. He played an important role in reuniting europe during and after the cold war. he gave hope when it was the most needed, he was a great spiritual leader.

and no, i'm not a catholic or a christian.

i just thing the guy deserves some respect.



ON HIS TERMS. He preaches world peace from a Catholic point of view, "we should all get along, but we don't like these people or these people." It's bullshit, it's hypocritical. He was a great spiritual leader for HIS followers, but the rest of the world was going to hell. Fuck great spiritual leaders. We just need good men.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000230 -

screw the damn Pope. RIP Mitch Hedberg


--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: exclusive58]
    #4000238 -

Everyone preaches peace and solidarty.

He's getting respect from millions of people. There are crowds of weeping catholics outside his home.

The man does not suffer from a lack of respect. There are billions of people who have died and not gotten due respect, the pope is not one of them.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: Phluck]
    #4000241 -

The pope is a cockistocrat!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: Phluck]
    #4000242 -

Phluck said:
Everyone preaches peace and solidarty.

He's getting respect from millions of people. There are crowds of weeping catholics outside his home.

The man does not suffer from a lack of respect. There are billions of people who have died and not gotten due respect, the pope is not one of them.




::raucuous applause:: 5 Unadulterated Shrooms!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000247 -

my god, you people are a bunch of insensitive pricks

i share no views with catholicism, but i at least have a sense of dignity and honor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000250 -

I dont. :shrug:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000256 -

The pope had some good qualities.... but I just frown no a church that spends all it's money on gold widgets and ding dongs that could be used to feed the poor instead.

Help the poor.. but wait.. first let me buy a 100,000 ring that ppl can kiss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000258 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
exclusive58 said:
but his actions were totally done with good intentions. he preached respect to other religions, he preached peace and solidarity in the world. He played an important role in reuniting europe during and after the cold war. he gave hope when it was the most needed, he was a great spiritual leader.

and no, i'm not a catholic or a christian.

i just thing the guy deserves some respect.



ON HIS TERMS. He preaches world peace from a Catholic point of view, "we should all get along, but we don't like these people or these people." It's bullshit, it's hypocritical. He was a great spiritual leader for HIS followers, but the rest of the world was going to hell. Fuck great spiritual leaders. We just need good men.




as to this, it shows your knowledge is EXTREMELY skewed

this pope is the first actually GOOD one ever who didnt discriminate- he talked with spiritual leaders from all over the global, of all faiths in an attempt to unite people under love and morality. However, WHEN YOU ARE A RELIGIOUS LEADER, YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS ARE MOOT. fuck pseudo-intelluctual freedom, it's a load of shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: BrAiN]
    #4000262 -

The monetary net value of the Vatican is so far beyond our comprehension that it makes me sick.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000268 -

Catholocism = Pure Hypocracy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000271 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Oregon said:
I'll believe it when I see/hear it from FOX NEWS.



:rotfl:





See. CNN was wrong, in an attempt to be the "first" to report it.
I was not kidding, FOX News will know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: BrAiN]
    #4000278 -

wow, you only managed to spell pure right.

What do you know of Catholicism?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000284 -

Morrowind said:
wow, you only managed to spell pure right.

What do you know of Catholicism?




I know that their priests rape little boys and they cover it up. That's pretty much all I need to know.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: Liz]
    #4000291 -

thats the Americans. I have little respect for American Catholicism and it is distinctly different, to the degree that American Catholic priests actually call for things like allowing priests to marry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000302 -

Well since Brain and I are both FROM America, you can understand our biased, skewed point of view regarding the religion as a whole. I'm from Massachusetts, where the rape cases were probably the worst. It's one of the few times I was glad I was raised Jewish.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000304 -

Morrowind said:
What do you know of Catholicism?



1. I know Catholicism does not belong in this century of the human mindset. It is an ancient institution trying to hold on to ancient ways and like the Pope, it needs to die.

2. I know it is ridiculously close-minded in its views about sexuality, which to me is one huge strike against it.

3. I know it takes advantage of those in weakened states, preaching to the poorest of the poor via missionaries while the Cardinals and Bishops and the Pope sit on golden thrones and eat delicious food.

4. I know nothing you say will convince me I'm not happy the Pope is dying.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000311 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Morrowind said:
What do you know of Catholicism?



1.  I know Catholicism does not belong in this century of the human mindset.  It is an ancient institution trying to hold on to ancient ways and like the Pope, it needs to die.

2.  I know it is ridiculously close-minded in its views about sexuality, which to me is one huge strike against it.

3.  I know it takes advantage of those in weakened states, preaching to the poorest of the poor via missionaries while the Cardinals and Bishops and the Pope sit on golden thrones and eat delicious food.

4.  I know nothing you say will convince me I'm not happy the Pope is dying.




If you lived in Massachusetts, I would make an effort to hang out with you as much as possible.  You are so damn cool.  :heart:  Suffer and I come to NY a lot...we should try to go out sometime :laugh:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: vampirism]
    #4000315 -

Morrowind said:
wow, you only managed to spell pure right.

What do you know of Catholicism?



I grew up catholic for 18 years. I went to an OLD SKOOL catholic church where you were frowned upon for wearing jeans and the priest just screamed at you during the homily about how you were going to hell if you had any bit of fun in your life.

I've got no beef at all with the cub scout/priest molesting thing. That has nothing to do with the catholic church. You can never tell how fucked up in the head someone is until they do something stupid.

I think the catholic church has goten a bad rap over the molestation thing. It's the hypocracy of what they preach that pisses me off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead [Re: Liz]
    #4000319 -

Definitely! I live right in the East Village, lots of great bars and a bong waiting to be smoked by the two of you. I don't know suffer well at all, or at all at all, but I hear lots of good things. Definitely PM me when you're gonna be around here!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* NEW YEARS DEAD SHOW!!! notapillow 794 8 11/15/03 07:41 PM
by notapillow
* New Years Dead chinacat72 1,182 4 01/01/04 11:30 PM
by Anonymous
* New Dead Rumors kosmic_charlie 2,078 15 12/31/03 12:42 PM
by kosmic_charlie
* California is dead last in quality of life in the US.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Patlal 6,407 103 03/05/18 02:14 AM
by kent101
* just a few of the many great Dead shows I attended Ripple 976 7 03/19/04 03:06 PM
by Vulture
* CNN.com: "Shroomery - Best Mycological Resource on Net?"
( 1 2 3 4 all )
HB 13,961 72 11/19/03 03:27 PM
by Earth_Droid
* Grateful Dead
( 1 2 all )
kindkesey 4,865 36 04/29/04 01:35 PM
by notapillow
* Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Adom 53,885 128 12/13/18 02:16 AM
by Reblackah

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
18,872 topic views. 3 members, 57 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.