Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
New Years Dead
    #2213670 -

Anybody else catch the boys in Oakland? Must say I was quite suprised.
Oakland has always been one of my least favorite venues, but damn what a fuckin night. Hadn't seen a Oakland show since Jerry died and didn't think I would again, but am very glad I made the trip.
It was the first shows that I actually enjoyed Joan. They played so much great stuff, but Mountains of the Moon blew me away as did Dark star. :thumbup:

It was a special New Years for sure. I saw many, many New Years shows when Jerry was around and typically they were usually not there best shows. There was always lots of energy, but musically they lacked the magic. Last night was very different. I don't know if it was the fact that so many old familiar faces came out of the woodwork for this show or what ,but the whole evening glowed.

The plane ride home this morning was weird as hell. We couldn't stop smiling for nothing. I could tell everybody was like WTF are these people on. I felt that I didn't even need a plane to fly home. :grin:

Anybody at these shows and what did you think? How about Hunters new song. What a fuckin gem. I could go on and on ,but I think sleep is a priority as I havn't had any for to long.

Hope you all had a Grateful New Year :heart:


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Years Dead [Re: chinacat72]
    #2213775 -

u lucky lucky dog
sounds like a great show


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Years Dead [Re: chinacat72]
    #2213805 -

:cool:

Sounds Great !!!

Happy New Year.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Years Dead [Re: chinacat72]
    #2213972 -

Sounds awesome. Great setlist for both of the shows, too. I was in Chicago seeing SCI's 3 night run. The NYE show was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. The Dead and SCI were where it was at NYE. The magic is definitely still there with The Dead.

But was that Rob's and Joan's final show?????


--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Years Dead [Re: Pala]
    #2214140 -

i made it out to cali from the midwest chinacat and I must say it was WELL worth the trip, the show was better than the other ones i've cut this year and there was goodtimes to be had for everyone! I got stuck on the damn BART train for two hours though after the show cause i couldn't seem to get on the right train back to san francisco and everyone on the train was stressing me out cause they were all staring at me, went from a wonderful time of great tunes to ending up on the damn subway for 2 hours flying high as a kite while homies from oakland were staring at me, quite uncomfortable but i made it through it. All in all it was a great concert and the parking lot was loads of fun!

dlag

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Grateful Dead show downloading help...(Get the music!)
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 12,273 22 06/13/10 12:21 AM
by skunkjar
* New Dead Rumors kosmic_charlie 2,078 15 12/31/03 12:42 PM
by kosmic_charlie
* just a few of the many great Dead shows I attended Ripple 976 7 03/19/04 03:06 PM
by Vulture
* How did you get into the Dead?
( 1 2 3 all )
Krishna 5,628 41 03/17/04 05:15 PM
by iloveraving
* Pubbers Say Punk is Dead, but I say Greatful Dead is dead!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JTHM 8,007 73 02/10/05 01:37 PM
by blissedout
* I want to like the Grateful Dead and Phish myndreach 1,552 10 06/07/05 06:47 AM
by 40oz
* First Grateful Dead song you heard
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 4,484 50 05/01/07 08:24 PM
by daytripper05
* Grateful Dead covers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ripple 7,988 74 02/22/21 05:41 PM
by QM33

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,182 topic views. 7 members, 33 guests and 240 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.