Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMiller
Drunk

Moldy weed
    #3967043 - 03/24/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

so a few of my buddies came over and there all pissed because some of there weed is molding. is there any way to fix this, i was thinking pressure cook it for 20 minutes. will that work, kill the thc?

--------------------
~miller

What is the Scratchy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Moldy weed [Re: Miller]
    #3967053 - 03/24/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The THC will be dead.

Smoke moldy buds at your own risk.

It is not healthy and can lead to various kinds of infections, including lung infections.

That said, many people smoke moldy weed fairly often.

I wouldn't recommend it, though.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinelilbilski4life
fear andloathing inbozeman

Re: Moldy weed [Re: delta9]
    #3967063 - 03/24/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

yep, i did once. it was free so we smoke 2 bowls, woke up and had a bad case of the shits, was it worth the high? yea, cus i was trippin' out (oev)

--------------------
------------------------------------------------

OfflineMiller
Drunk

#3967093 - 03/24/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

i just read somewhere that if you smoke it out of a bong the water filters it out. oh well i dont smoke so... i guess they're going to try that. i'll let ya know if they die or grow a third nipple or something

--------------------
~miller

What is the Scratchy?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3967114 - 03/24/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The water won't filter it out.

moldy marijuana - the straight dope
Quote:

A variety of bacteria grow on damp marijuana. Many are deadly. Researchers have found _Klebsiella pneumoniae_, _Enterobacter cloacae_ and _Streptococcus_ (group D) growing in government-supplied reefer. _Salmonella muenchen_ was found in marijuana growing across the Midwest. (Let someone else roll the joints. I don't lick rolling papers anymore!) Under anaerobic conditions (i.e., damp marijuana stored in airtight containers), _Clostridium_ species will rot pot; these are the famous boutlism bacteria.

ask erowid: Are there any negative effects to smoking cannabis with mold growth on it (light green or white colored) and is there any way to remove the mold?
Quote:

Yes, this could be potentially dangerous. Molds are fungi, and some species of mold can produce highly toxic chemicals. Even if you remove all the mold that you can see, the chemicals they produce could be spread throughout the Cannabis. There's no practical way to identify whether the particular mold growing on your Cannabis is toxic or not, but burning and inhaling the smoke of potentially toxic mold isn't worth the risk.

The only thing you can do is throw the Cannabis away. If it was growing mold, chances are it would not have been very good smoking material anyway. Making sure that Cannabis is thoroughly dry before storing it should help prevent against mold.

Probably the primary acute danger with smoking cannabis that has molded is allergic reaction. Many molds produce chemicals and contain cells that can cause severe allergic reactions. The second danger is that a toxin produced by the mold would have a lingering damaging effect that would not be immediately identifiable. Your health is worth more than it would cost to buy more.

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds