Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineoffmyrocker
Stranger
Loc: milkyway
Are random car searches legal?
    #3959295 - 03/23/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

On I 80 in Nebraska there are signs saying "be prepared to stop K9 search ahead" But there were no searches ahead, only an exit a few hundred yards beyond. Are searches like this legal? Maybe a trick, they couldn't possibly stop all vehicles traveling on the interstate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: offmyrocker]
    #3959431 - 03/23/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Are you serious? Damn, that's scary! I don't think that would be legal (or practicable) but you never know anymore, living in Bush's Amerika....

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3959727 - 03/23/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Here in Texas if you travel I-10 out west towards el paso you will inevitably be stopped for a border check. Now let me make it clear here I-10 is not on the border its at least 15 miles from it usually more, yet they stop I-10 and search every car that comes through. Now THey dont tear your shit apart but they have dogs and they do check the car adn ask what your doing and all sorts of other shit thats none of their buisness. anyways they do this all along hte mexican border and the way I understand it they are doing it with the canadian border now. so it doesnt surprise me that they are just going to start doing random searches all over the place. That sounds like something Bush would love. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: offmyrocker]
    #3959789 - 03/23/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

According to City of Indianapolis vs. Edomond (2000), random car searches and checkpoints for drugs are not legal.
It is not uncommon to put a sign like that, and wait at the exit. Sombody pulls off the highway, they'll pull them over for not stopping at the stop sign, or some other arbitrary trafic violation, and tear their shit apart.

On the border, it's possibly different. I wouldn't be surprised if those cops on I-10 are technically breaking the law, but I don't see some Mexican drug smuggler making it to a court where that kind of thing matters.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: phi1618]
    #3959896 - 03/23/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

They have been there since 9/11. Bush increased "border security" by crazy amounts after that. In 2000 Canada had under a thousand border patrol men, now it has like 4000 or something. Plus they just passed a law allowing america to arm a third of its troops on the borders. Hunting terrorists is more important personal rights. Everybody knows that...

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinetredwax
Professor
Loc: Great Lakes Region
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: blaze2]
    #3961102 - 03/23/05 05:57 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Can drug dogs sniff out shrooms? 
I thought they were trained for basically pot and chemical powders (like coke or meth) and stuff that smells like explosives... anybody, like a dog trainer know the real answer? :confused:

--------------------
Treat others the way you want to be treated. :smile:
What goes around, comes around...
all the good you do comes back to you,
as well as all the bad. :wink:
The more you do it, the more you learn
and the better you get and become.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: tredwax]
    #3961280 - 03/23/05 06:46 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

tredwax said:
I thought they were trained for basically pot and chemical powders (like coke or meth) and stuff that smells like explosives... anybody, like a dog trainer know the real answer? :confused:

Depends on the dog. They can be trained for almost anything. I would imagine that if a certain drug was considered a "problem" in your area, the cops could likely have a dog trained to find it.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: tredwax]
    #3963116 - 03/24/05 12:53 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

tredwax said:

I know for a fact that the dogs in my area are not trained to smell shrooms, but I'm sure that they can be trained to smell them.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: Are random car searches legal? [Re: z@z.com]
    #3964418 - 03/24/05 10:54 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

you know they have those in Iowa..it is nothing...about 50 feet after the sign there is a pull off...and who ever pulls off get busted...I know this kid that and know he is going to jail for weed for 6 years...so do mind those signs...there tring to scare you...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds