Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
"I smell marijuana coming from your car."
    #3277553 - 10/26/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

This is inspired by freddurgan's post about car searchs.

Is saying "I smell marijuana in your car" a ace in the hole for cops? Can't they say that anytime they want and legally search your car? Won't they get away with it if they don't find anything?

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: "I smell marijuana coming from your car." [Re: Learyfan]
    #3277641 - 10/26/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

I was on a boat when I was in high school and we were wakeboarding. 2 river cops in a boat came along us when we were at a stop and said "mind if we search that cooler, it smells like beer on your boat." My smart ass was in the water with the wakeboard and I replied "we don't even know what beer smells like, we aren't 21." Sweet thing is I knew we didn't have anything on us, we never needed any beer when we were wakeboarding, it was enough fun in itself. While they were Searching our boat and cooler their boat nailed a snag (an underwater log jutting out). If you ever go boating, you know this is the A-1 big time No No, letting your hull hit a snag. Assholes deserved it, we didn't have any beer and they just wanted to harass us. We even had enough life vests and an orange flag, so they couldn't get us on anything.

I am under the impression that cops say these statements to see a person's reaction.

Correlation is not causation!

Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: "I smell marijuana coming from your car." [Re: Signo]
    #3277945 - 10/26/04 03:32 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

I actually got arrested for DUI while 100% sober because the police officer thought my car smelled like pot (pulled over for a burnt headlight). He said as he "approached the vehicle" he smelled the "strong odor" of marijuana outside of the car. Nobody has ever smoked weed in my car. My freind was smoking a cigarette. Obviously the incompetent officer couldn't tell the difference between cigarette smoke and pot and so he threw me in jail on Proboble Cause. Well, first he said "Have you been drinking? I smell alcohol." When it was apparent there was no alcohol he changed it to pot. :nonono:

They did search my car, but of course they found nothing. The did a blood test and the local police department witheld my clean test results for 2 1/2 months, pretending they didn't have it, so I had to go through all these hearings and court dates. All the time they knew I was innocent, but they refused to present any evidence at the pretrials. If I didn't spend tons of money on an expensive lawyer it could have gone on forever, or worse, I could have gotten convicted on  without any physical proof.

1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: "I smell marijuana coming from your car." [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3278028 - 10/26/04 04:16 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Such crap. I hope that never happens to me. I never smoke in my car either.

Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: "I smell marijuana coming from your car." [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3279077 - 10/26/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Ive had some close calls with cops. I was with friends coming back home from atlanta, and some police pulled us over for a broken headlight. All of us were high as shit in the car. Not only that but we had a couple grams of weed and a gram of opium, but we managed to sweet talk the cop and he let us go. I thought i was gonna go to jail that night.

very close call.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion