Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1581108 - 05/27/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I posted it in here cause I didnt feel like opening a new thread and it was still on topic. :grin:

The US is threadtinging to tighten up the borders and such, would they in fact do this?  It seems like a vegetarian pushing their moral plate at a steak eater
"You can't make MJ decriminalized! cause then it stops being bad" and so the circular arguement ensues "its bad cause its illegal cause its bad cause its illegal cause its..... etc

I am going to light up a big fatty after school with some friends, right on the front lawn. (btw, it's not little kid school, smoking is allowed on the property) :wink: 

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: blink]
    #1581140 - 05/27/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The US is threadtinging to tighten up the borders and such, would they in fact do this?

yep..it is their right to do so but like many things that are wrong aboot our border patrol it will only last as long as america's attention span.

Quote:

It seems like a vegetarian pushing their moral plate at a steak eater

While i'm not defending the opponants of MJ legalization it is STILL illegal here. Canada can become another Amsterdam and the American borders will still arrest you for bringing it over. Much like other countries if you decide to take some out of Amsterdam.

Quote:

its bad cause its illegal cause its bad cause its illegal cause its

MJ is NOT good for your health, much like tobacco. Which makes you wonder why tobacco is legal.

Quote:

I am going to light up a big fatty after school with some friends, right on the front lawn.

if you get caught you'll still get either put in jail (because i don't think this has been ratified yet) or you'll pay the fine that is stated in that article. I'll stick to my own house for now.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario *DELETED* [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1581163 - 05/27/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1581175 - 05/27/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The one time the cops caught me smoking pot, i was half done the J and they just took it from me and told me to leave where I was.... not quite the hard line you suggest.

that's good. If there is one thing i'd like to be wrong aboot is this.

Quote:

All I am saying is that the current legislation does not address the needs of cancer patients which, in my opinion, are the ones who need it most, and are being forgotten in the debate..

If i had cancer i'd almost dare them to put me in jail....in all actuallity i'd still probably just smoke it at home.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1581186 - 05/27/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

agreed, home is where the pot is. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1581325 - 05/27/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

FUCK THIS!!!
ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH...

I ENCOURAGE EVERY CANADIAN TO SMOKE POT IN PUBLIC PLACES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AND TO CONTEST ANY FINE RECIEVED. :mad:

I could already smoke a joint on the street before, but now ill be fined wheras before the cops would go finish off whatever they took.  They are going to prosecute all the suppliers with harsher sentances, but what about the increase in growing to supply the constant and growing demand?  This is just another ploy to make me feel like something good is being accomplished when really it is the opposite. :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1581373 - 05/27/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That was my point, it doesn't sound like its legal at all. Actually that's a pretty high fine. The Hash-Bash in Ann-Harbor michigan used to be a $10 fine (state law) but got moved up to the fed. fine around $100 (i think). I'm not sure (amount of pot) what a mandatory jail sentance would be.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1581598 - 05/27/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well i'll abuse my right to smoke pot until i get my first fine, and contest it.....then after being forced to pay anyway, ill probably just stay out of sight.  I don't know, it just seems canada could benefit MUCH more from legalisation opposed to decriminalisation. :tongue:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1581718 - 05/27/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Actually on second thought, im dont want to pay any fine, for any reason...... so ill just support the cause in my own way like before. :smirk:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1581824 - 05/27/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

" I want to be clear from the beginning: we are not legalizing marijuana and have no plans to do so,"
Damn it no!

That is why an important part of our drug strategy will focus on strong public education messages to inform Canadians of the negative health affects of marijuana.
Replace "eduction" with "propaganda".

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: chodamunky]
    #1581944 - 05/27/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

or you could replace "eduction" with "education"

sorry....it was too easy.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1582650 - 05/27/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.canada.com/calgary/story.asp?id=269EFCBC-66EE-4D5D-B853-591CAF560AAB

Liberals move to lighten penalties for pot users, get tough on growers

JIM BROWN
Canadian Press

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

OTTAWA (CP) - The Liberal government moved Tuesday to eliminate criminal penalties for simple possession of marijuana, drawing praise from lawyers, cautious support from doctors and brickbats from police, opposition MPs and some of its own backbenchers.

Under legislation introduced by Justice Minister Martin Cauchon, possession of up to 15 grams of pot - enough to roll about 15 or 20 joints - would be a minor offence that carries no criminal record.

Violators would be ticketed and ordered to pay fines ranging from $100 to $250 for youths and from $150 to $400 for adults.

People caught with between 15 and 30 grams could get the same treatment if they're lucky. But they could also, at the discretion of police, be charged in criminal court and face up to six months in jail.

While the bill would ease up on small-time users, there would be no respite for illicit growers and dealers. The maximum sentence for grow operations would be 14 years in prison, up from the current seven, with the length of term increasing in proportion to the amount grown.

The penalty for trafficking would remain unchanged - a maximum life sentence, although in practice the toughest terms handed out in recent years have been about 20 years for major dealers.

Ottawa also plans to set aside an additional $245 million over the next five years to beef up law enforcement efforts and to fund education, information, research and treatment programs aimed at curbing drug use.

Cauchon, who hopes to push his bill through Parliament by the end of the year, acknowledged the government is sending a double-edged message.

Casual pot smokers will no longer face the threat of jail, and young people won't automatically be saddled with criminal records that haunt them for life - one of the government's chief reasons for moving ahead with the changes. But toking up will still be against the law.

"I want to be clear from the beginning," said Cauchon. "We are not legalizing marijuana and have no plans to do so. What we are changing is the way we prosecute certain offences."

Health Minister Anne McLellan echoed that view as she outlined the $245-million education and enforcement plan that accompanied the new legislation.

"We do not want Canadians to use marijuana," said McLellan. "We especially don't want young people to use marijuana. That is why an important part of our drug strategy will focus on strong public education messages to inform Canadians of the negative health affects of marijuana."

The Canadian Medical Association welcomed McLellan's commitment to prevention and treatment but warned more funding will be needed.

"We can only view today's announcement as a first step," said Dr. Dana Hansen, president of the group.

The Canadian Bar Association congratulated Cauchon for his "courage and leadership" and called decriminalization of minor possession a positive move.

"The heavy hand of our criminal law should be reserved for problems that cause serious harm," said bar president Simon Potter.

But Randy White, the Canadian Alliance critic for police issues, contended the Liberals should have imposed a five-gram limit if their goal was to decriminalize possession for personal use.

White predicted that, because of the discretionary aspect of the bill, 30 grams rather than 15 will become the practical cut-off point for criminal proceedings.

"When you're talking about minor, personal possession and you're talking in the neighbourhood of 40, 50 joints on you, I doubt very much whether that is a personal possession."

Dan McTeague, one of several Liberal backbenchers uneasy at the prospect of decriminalization, said the bill has "serious deficiencies" and could leave young people with the impression it's all right to smoke dope.

He also termed the measures against growers inadequate, despite the 14-year maximum sentence.

"Everyone knows you never get the maximum," said McTeague.

Marjory LeBreton, a Conservative senator and vice-chair of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, said the legislation should not be passed until provisions against marijuana-impaired driving are strengthened.

Federal officials say anyone driving under the influence of pot can be prosecuted under the same impaired driving laws that apply to alcohol. But critics note there is no roadside breathalyser technology for marijuana and say the laws must be amended to allow police to demand blood samples.

David Griffin, spokesman for the Canadian Police Association, which represents some 28,000 rank-and-file officers across the country, called the federal initiative a "hastily put-together package that is held together by Band-Aids and duct tape."

Reaction from some provincial governments was also negative.

"This is not a harmless drug and we shouldn't be introducing this into the community for our young people to smoke," said Ontario Attorney General Norm Sterling.

British Columbia, home of the so-called B.C. Bud, was also unhappy with Ottawa's initiative.

"They don't have any idea how the tickets will be collected; they don't have any idea how the infrastructure will be set up," said B.C. Solicitor General Rich Coleman.

"They're going to spend tens of millions of dollars in advertising what they're doing and putting very little money into fighting the issues of organized crime with regards to marijuana."

Alberta Justice Minister Dave Hancock said Ottawa is on the wrong track with its reforms: "I don't think you get rid of crime by removing the crime from the books and saying it's OK now."

The spectre of decriminalization in Canada has raised the hackles of some U.S. officials as well, but Solicitor General Wayne Easter, the minister responsible for the RCMP, played down the American concerns.

"Certainly, there will be probably some reaction," said Easter. "But they understand that we do have . . . the sovereign right to make our own laws. And there is a recognition that the current laws are not working."

U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci, who has warned of potential border slowdowns as U.S. customs officers pay closer attention to travellers headed south, was not available for comment Tuesday.

Cauchon noted that a dozen U.S. states have already done away with criminal sanctions for simple possession of pot.

? Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Marijuana legal in Ontario [Re: pattern]
    #1585010 - 05/28/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"They don't have any idea how the tickets will be collected; they don't have any idea how the infrastructure will be set up," said B.C. Solicitor General Rich Coleman."

Things keep getting better and better! :grin:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies