Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion.
    #3962365 - 03/23/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

By Joyce Morrison, Southern IL News Correspondent
For legal reasons, the names of the family and the 14-year old girl that are the subject of this story have been withheld at this time.

GRANITE CITY - A Sothern Illinois woman was arrested last week (March 17) after trying to intervene on behalf of her 14-year old daughter's effort to have an abortion. The girl was allegedly taken to an abortion clinic by the mother of the man allegedly to have impregnated the 14-year old.

According to the girl's mother, her 14-year old daughter was called off from school in Madison County by a woman posing as the girl's ?grandmother.? The woman took the girl from her home only minutes before the girl?s mother returned home from work.

It was later determined that the woman who had posed as the "grandmother" to the school authorities was the mother of the male who had fathered the unborn child the 14-year old girl was carrying. The age of the male has not been released.

When the parents were notified their pregnant daughter was not at school, they suspected she had been taken to the Hope Abortion Clinic in Granite City. The parents and grandfather were the only persons authorized to request school absence for the fourteen year old female.

?My husband and I rushed to the abortion clinic where we saw our daughter?s name on the roster and the time she had checked in,? the mother said. She then went into the clinic and searched a room filled with young women awaiting abortions but did not see her daughter.

She took a seat near the main desk and said, ?I was told I could not prove my daughter was there so I began calling her name. A medical tech at the clinic told me , ?It?s your daughter?s rights, it?s her body. You have no rights.??

After continuing to call out her daughter?s name and telling her ?don?t do it,? authorities were called and the mother was arrested.

The 14-year old told her mother she could hear her but when she asked employees to give her mother a message, they came back to the room and told her that her mother had left.

Angela Michaels, of Small Victories Ministry, was tipped off as to what was happending at the Hope clinic. According to Michaels, she witnessed police placing the mother?s hands behind her back, taking her into custody. As the police were putting the mother in the squad car, she was crying out, ?Please, please, help me...my daughter is in there.?

Michaels said, ?Exactly one hour later at 10:35 a.m., the 14-year old emerged from the clinic looking disheveled. The 14-year old told us that employees kept her in a quiet room until the procedure was performed and she was told that her mother had left.?

Employees assured this girl on her departure, ?No-one will ever know you were here, we?ll bury your records.?

In the meantime, the woman who had taken the girl for the abortion was slipped out the back door of the clinic.

The police in the community in which the family lives allegedly told the girl's mom that they couldn't intervene despite her making a charge that her daughter had been raped (by statute) because the charge was stale--7 weeks after the incident. They did tell the girl's mom that, while she had no right to stop the abortion, she did have a right to go into the clinic and speak to her daughter.

The parents are expected to file charges.

http://www.illinoisleader.com/news/newsview.asp?c=23788

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3962391 - 03/23/05 10:13 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

What a fucked up story.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: SoopaX]
    #3962425 - 03/23/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

the fucking police would have had to shoot me. (if it was my daughter)

i am not saying outlaw abortion, but the government will not let a minor take aspirin or get their ear pierced without parents consent.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3962455 - 03/23/05 10:25 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
i am not saying outlaw abortion, but the government will not let a minor take aspirin or get their ear pierced without parents consent.

Yeah that does seem pretty fucked up. I'm pro-choice, but I think the cops over-reacted.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3962527 - 03/23/05 10:48 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

She was raped by someone over the age of 18 and taken out of school by someone posing as her mom for an abortion while her mom was arrested. This is just dispicable and totally unacceptable.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: Catalysis]
    #3962578 - 03/23/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I doubt she was really raped....it seems like a statutory rape case, the sex was most likely consensual, most likely even iniated by the girl. The situation is still fucked up though.....if the boyfriend/boyfriend's mother forced this abortion on her they should be dealt with severely.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: Catalysis]
    #3962600 - 03/23/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

now there is no proof that he raped her. all the evidence is in the landfill.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3962859 - 03/23/05 11:56 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

the article says the girl's mother said the girl had been raped by statute, not by lack of consent. they didn't even say what the mother was arrested for... if she did in fact have a right ot go into the clinic and speak to her daughter then I'm not sure what she did to get herself arrested. very weird story, probably much more to it then what's written in the article.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: lackobreath]
    #3963700 - 03/24/05 05:07 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

I'm not sure what she did to get herself arrested

Running around an abortion clinic shouting her daughter's name and acting hysterical (Which, as lonestar already suggested, is probably an average reaction given the situation). The employees probably were unsure what the hell to think seeing as they thought the girl's mother already admitted her. They probably called the cops to get her out of there in confusion.

I'm guessing the girl didn't want her mom knowing about the abortion and set this up with the father and his mother (whos gonna hang for getting involved). I doubt this was a forced abortion. This article is an obvious hack-job and we seem to have only have the 1/3 of the story that this biased source wants to give us.

Quote:

Angela Michaels, of Small Victories Ministry, was tipped off as to what was happending at the Hope clinic

"Quick! Therrs n 'bortion a happinen! Call the Preest!"

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3963815 - 03/24/05 06:28 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I honestly don't see a problem with anything that happened. The girl chose to have sex then chose to have an abortion. Should it be her mother's right to deny her child the abortion forcing a hard life on the child? The mother may not like it but the girl did what she thought was best for her.

We don't know the true story of what the mother did so I can only comment on what the article seems to show. I can easily imagine the mother running around the place yelling like a stark raving loon trying to find her daughter. What are the employees to do at that point? I would have called the police just at they did.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: newuser1492]
    #3963867 - 03/24/05 07:13 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

The mother may not like it but the girl did what she thought was best for her.

Do you remember what it was like to be 14 years old?

Do you honestly think that you knew what was best for you, more than your parents did, when you were 14?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePopeHypocriteIII
Stranger

Loc: 123 Fake Street, Nonexist...
Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: trendal]
    #3963872 - 03/24/05 07:18 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Is anyone prepared for parenthood at that age?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: PopeHypocriteIII]
    #3963875 - 03/24/05 07:20 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Well apparently she was prepared to have sex...

So she should be prepared to face the consequences.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: PopeHypocriteIII]
    #3963970 - 03/24/05 08:27 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

PopeHypocriteIII said:
Is anyone prepared for parenthood at that age?

at what age are people prepared for parenthood?

do you think that kid is prepared to emotional and physically deal with the abortion?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3963991 - 03/24/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

At any rate...aren't there laws on performing medical proceedures on minors without parental consent?

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: trendal]
    #3964065 - 03/24/05 09:01 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

i knew a underage girl (florida) who had two abortions without parents consent.

after the second abortion she got some kind of infection. By "LAW" it was the parents responsibility to treat the infection.

years later she settled down and wanted kids, but was unable. she thinks she has bad KARMA now because of the back to back abortions.

that is probably not true but she is going to a therapist to deal with a decision she made over a decade ago.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3964101 - 03/24/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I am 100% pro choice...but I also think it is a VERY BAD idea to just get an abortion because you made a mistake.

Of course, that's the Western Way: who actually deals with the consequences to their own mistakes anymore?

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#3964130 - 03/24/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

you are right.

IMO there needs to be a middle ground. cases like this give the "Jesus lovers" ammunition. more shit like this and abortions could end up being done in back alleys. and that would be just as fucked up.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3964212 - 03/24/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I'm going with, "Poorly written article tells half the story".

Just an illustration:
"A Sothern Illinois woman was arrested last week (March 17) after trying to intervene on behalf of her 14-year old daughter's effort to have an abortion."
To "intervene on belalf of" an means to "promote". This sentence says that the mother was trying to help her daughter get an abortion.

If you go to the article, the name "Hope Abortion Clinic" is in bold in the middle of the page. It is not normal to bold names of places or institutions in newspaper articles - for example "Small Victories Ministry" was not bolded. My assumption is that it was bolded so that it would catch the eye of a reader and provoke an emotional response in those so inclined.

Edit: This article reminds me of screeds by the more strident animal cruelty activists. They may have a point, but it's well hidden in the emotional stupidity.

Edited by phi1618 (03/24/05 09:52 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Mother arrested for attempting to intervene in her 14 year olds decision to have abortion. [Re: phi1618]
    #3964287 - 03/24/05 10:12 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

i found another article. (also slanted.)

When children abort children: Jill Stanek tells story of cops dragging teen's mom out of clinic
www.WorldNetDaily.com Wednesday, March 23, 2005 | Jill Stanek

Seventeen states have no laws requiring parental notification before a minor daughter aborts. I live in one of them, Illinois.

Here is one example how unobstructed minor "choice" translates. The incident occurred less than a week ago.

Jack* arrived home the morning of March 17 after working the midnight shift in time to see his two stepchildren off to school. His wife, Shane*, had already left for her job as a school bus driver. But 14-year-old Nicole* was nowhere to be found.

Jack was promptly worried. Nicole had recently told her family she was pregnant by 16-year-old boyfriend Mark*, and the two sets of grandparents had begun battling over whether the baby should live or die.

Nicole's family is pro-life. "I was raised Baptist," Shane told me. "Abortion is a sin; you just don't do it. I'm also adopted."

But Mark's side wanted Nicole to abort. During a run-in between the families, Mark sobbed that the baby would ruin his future. Mark's mother said she had aborted five times and would do it again. Mark's father said it was Nicole's "choice."

After Mark's mother suggested to Nicole, "You probably hate that baby inside you, don't you?" Shane forbade Nicole any contact with Mark or his parents and warned them not to come near her.

Shane notified Nicole's school that she was a runaway risk and not to let her to leave with anyone but her parents.

On March 15, Shane took Nicole to New Beginnings Pregnancy Care Center in Granite City, Ill. Shane saw her baby's heartbeat on ultrasound and decided the baby must be a boy. She named him Bradley and resolved to let him live.

Nicole and Mark attended different high schools, and Shane thought the two were successfully being kept apart. But she didn't account for friends' cell phones. She didn't account for a puppy love so strong it would deaden her daughter's conscience.

When Nicole went missing, Jack placed an emergency call to Shane.

Shane had a gut feeling she knew exactly where Nicole was. Hope Clinic, a mega abortuary in Granite City, was only 10 minutes away. Shane grabbed a girlfriend and raced over.

There is a security shack outside Hope Clinic. Shane clutched her stomach and told the guard she needed to see a counselor. She saw Nicole's name on his clipboard and that she had arrived at 7:46 a.m. It was now 8:30 a.m.

The guard escorted Shane and her friend into the mill, where Shane demanded to speak to her daughter. The receptionist said Nicole was not there. Shane said she knew her daughter was in the building and that she wasn't leaving until they talked.

"There was a waiting room to the side," Shane told me. "While they were hollering for security, I said to my girlfriend, 'Handle them,' and I went in and looked around. There were girls stacked up in chairs and on the floor like cattle. They were all so young."

Nicole wasn't among them.

Shane went into the hallway and started yelling Nicole's name and begging to see Nicole. Later, Nicole said she heard her mother and asked a staff member to let them speak. The staffer came downstairs and told Shane there was no patient named Nicole. She went back upstairs and told Nicole her mom had left.

When the Granite City police arrived, Shane sat on the floor and refused to leave.

So they dragged Shane out of the building and put her in the back of their squad car. "The entire time I pleaded with them for help. One officer told me to see my senator."

Meanwhile, a sidewalk counselor called an attorney, who advised Shane to file a rape report. The officers released Shane, and she drove to the Wood River police station.

When they finally decided to investigate, it was too late. "By the time I got back to the clinic at 11:15 a.m., it was over and she was gone," said Shane.

Nicole later said the clinic bumped her up to the first appointment of the day.

During her short recovery, Nicole vomited three times. The clinic sneaked Mark out the back door and released Nicole out the front door all by herself at 10:35 a.m. with a paper bag in case she vomited again.

Nicole's school finally notified her parents at 2:22 p.m. that a "grandmother" had called that morning to say Nicole would not be in attendance all day.

Following the abortion, Nicole has complained of back pain and tender breasts. There was only a small amount of bleeding until Monday night, when she began discharging blood clots.

Meanwhile, because it's spring break, Mark and his family have gone away on vacation.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (03/24/05 10:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom