Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Back from Holland...
    #3924440 - 03/16/05 05:21 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Yo - well I made it back safe and sound. Really great trip, all in all, except for the whole "spending way too much money" part... oh well, though. I arrived in Amsterdam around 6:15am on Saturday morning. The coffee shop that I was planning to meet my friends at (Barneys) didn't open until 7, so I just smoked cigarettes and ate some yogurt in the station while waiting. Upon stepping outside, it starting sleeting/hailing like mad, making me greatly regret not bringing an umbrella. Thankfully, though, it stopped after 5 minutes or so, and the sun started shining meekly in the distance. I found my way to Barneys, picked up 3 grams of some Nepali Cream (I believe that was the name? It was high-times hash winner '99), ordered some pancakes and started making a joint. Luckily for my friends, they walked in the door just as the spliff was finished. So we had a little reunion (I haven't seen either of them since I moved - again - from Michigan in early January), and smoked 3 or 4 spliffs whilst eating breakfast. They then needed to go and check out of the hotel they were staying in (since we were going to the Hague that evening to see Dead Can Dance), so we walked around a bit in the direction of their hotel. At first, I thought that the whole city was just filled up with coffee shops, but after a while I realized it was only a district of the downtown area - and that a lot of the city resembled your average European city. Anyhow, got back to their place, smoked up (hey, it's vacation!), and waited for them to pack their things. At this hotel I unfortunately stoned out and left about 1.5 grams of Nepali on the bed somewhere... damnation.

The next plan was to find out where this concert exactly was, and how to find a cheap hotel near to it. To accomplish this, we headed to Betty Boop's Juice Bar, Coffee Shop, and Internet Cafe. Sitting here, smoking a fine mixture of Bubble-Gum, AK-47, and Pollen-hash, we found a cheap enough hotel and booked it online (Bookings.nl is a god-send!). Then wrote down some directions from the hotel to the venue (the Congress Centre, if anybody is really interested), and decided to head out and get some lunch. After this I bought a nice bottle of wine for the train-ride from Amsterdam to the Hague, stopped at a smart-shop and picked up a nice little box of Psilocybe Cubenis Columbian, and headed to the central station.

The Hague - headed to our hotel, where we find out that the room is non-smoking only. So pre-roll three or four joints, head out to the street, and walk around to get our bearings. Then back to the hotel, where mushrooms are consumed - me the Columbians, and my two friends some Copelandias - three joints are made for the walk to the concert, intermission, and the walk back (two of which are smoked on the walk there, leaving only one for the walk back :sad: ). The venue is very crazy - obviously designed with the finest acoustics in mind. Some opening act plays right as I start tripping quite hard - which really upset me, because all I wanted to hear was Lisa Gerard's voice. Soon enough, though, Dead Can Dance came out, and played an amazing show. Something that I noticed, as well as both of my friends, was the strange energy between Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerard, and really, between him and the rest of the band. To anybody who knows their history, this might not come as such a surprise. In fact, one song was started and then Perry stopped it after 1 minute and made them restart, because the rhythm pattern was off. But, I'd have to say, it was indeed the third best concert I've ever been to, so I'm definitely satisfied. A little side note - I don't think that they will make it through the rest of the tour without breaking up (again). But shit - that woman can sing with an ethereal quality that just blows my mind (the mushrooms serving to unlock the gates, the voice serving to disintegrate them).

Back towards our hotel, rolling a few more joints to ease the come-down now - and deciding that we needed to get food. It was close to 12:30 at night, now, and drizzling slightly, so walking for a long distance didn't seem too much fun. We ask a taxi-driver in a gas-station if he knows anywhere open, and he offers to drive us to his cousins Shawarma joint that is still open (and kickin'). So eat some fallafal while drinking overwhelmingly large tap-beers, and then catch a lift back to the hotel. One more joint (making the first day's total well over 20 spliffs), some National Geographic, and sleep.

Waking up on Sunday feeling surprisingly fresh - scarfing down the free, continental breakfast - and preparing a few joints for the walk back to the train station. We decided to hike it this time - about a 4.5km walk - but the sun was shining, the joints were burning, and all was good. Eventually make it back to the central station and board towards Amsterdam. Get back to the city a bit after noon, and spend a bit over an hour just walking around, checking out the sites, and eventually finding a nice italian place to eat. Huge ass calzone for only 6 Euro :smile: . Then stopping in to a coffee shop called "Black Star" (i'm a sucker for any coffee shop with pictures of Haile Sellasie in the windows!), picking up some Super-Pollen and some Red Lebanese hash (my other friend still had some skunk left). I then proceeded to get as stoned as I've ever been in the basement of the Black Star. Also used their internet to try to find some breweries to check out on monday, as well as a hotel. But we were just too damn stoned after 3 spliffs with this double-killer-hash-mix. So we wander down the road, and eventually find a nice, cheap hotel (the two words aren't really contradictory, as one can usually find a middle ground between dirt cheap and dirty, and 5 star). And, dum dum dum!, we can smoke in this one. After putting a few more spliffs down, we take a nap, that accidently over-extends - and we wake up at 11pm. Whoops. Spliff and to the road - looking for some dinner (found easily enough on a sunday night) - then to a nice pub where we slowly pound down tap-beers while continuously smoking joints. Damn, Amsterdam is nice...

On Monday we had planned to do a brewery tour, but lack of money and lack of information turned it more into a "let's get completely shit-faced before 1pm and play billiards!". Which we did. Eventually went back to the hotel, where my friends switched to a double room from a triple, as I was heading home this evening. Headed back out to the town, ate some of the best Thai food I've ever had, and then did a bit of bar hopping. After getting sufficiently drunk (for the second time in one day!  :blush: ) and uproariously stoned, we wandered around the Red Light District. This area brought out such a conflicted emotional response in me. On the one hand, dealing with prostitution like this is very good. The girls get to see doctors, they don't get beat up, they have a (reasonably) safe working environment, etc. But, on the other hand, it was gut-wrenching to see all these poor souls tapping on their windows trying to get me to pay to sleep with them. I'm not about to start up a discussion about the merits/disadvantages of prostitution, but after walking through that district, I cannot understand how somebody could walk up to one of those windows and pay for sex. :shrug:

My bus was leaving from Amsterdam Amstel at 23:15, so I headed towards the train station at about 22:20. Finishing the last spliff as we enter the station, I say goodbye to my friends and head towards Amstel. Arriving at the bus-station, I realize just how shit-faced I am, and try to put on a sober expression so they won't refuse me admission onto the bus. It works out just fine, and I fall deeply asleep before we are even out of the station. Wake up twice - once in Hamburg, once on the Danish/German border - stand outside the bus smoking a cigarette and listening to this curious "bzzzzzzzz" going on inside my skull.

Made it back to ?rhus around noon on Tuesday. All in all, an amazing experience. The only downside was that my only friend who is from Amsterdam is currently in Bhurma. I much prefer to travel somewhere where I know somebody, so that you can get a less "touristy" experience, and a more intimate experience (not to mention the free place to stay kicks ass). But, oh well. Amsterdam (and the Hague) rock.

Oh, and if anybody is there this week, there is a Dali Exposition in Rotterdam from today until sunday (I believe). I wanted to go, but unfortunately had to get back here for school. But check it out.

:rasta:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: Krishna]
    #3924768 - 03/16/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

ahh, amsterdam. makes me want to go back there. I went to Barney's breakfeast as well, and i will always remember ordering breakfeast while smoking a joint. :cool:

oh, and the prostitutes, they didn't bother me like they bothered you, i wasn't getting all worked up over it, i was just like "whatever"...but i loved to walk around, check em out, and smile at them, and they ALWAYS smile back. its awesome to have a gorgeous woman smile at you. :thumbup:

and it was kind of like a practice to me, becuase i don't usually smile to random people, but i should...last week i was in the metro in paris and a random (cute) lady smiled at me. when i see how much of a positive effect someon's smile can have you, it really makes you think about the power of little simple easy things like that. :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3924780 - 03/16/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
last week i was in the metro in paris and a random (cute) lady smiled at me. when i see how much of a positive effect someon's smile can have you, it really makes you think about the power of little simple easy things like that. :sun:

:smile: oh i always smile at the very many cute ones on the parisian metro.

if only they'd smile back more often!

--------------------

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
    #3924810 - 03/16/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

nice trip report, i would love to visit amsterdam. How were the pre-packaged shroomies there? I would love to be able to go to the local cafe and buy 10 g's of fresh Cop. cyan's :smile: :peace: :gd_icon:

p.s. im with you on the red light district maybe its just me but sluts make my stomach turn, I cant stand people who dont have respect for themselves of all people.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #3924817 - 03/16/05 09:25 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

WB~!  :cool: :cool:

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: infamous]
    #3924832 - 03/16/05 09:31 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

infamous said:
nice trip report, i would love to visit amsterdam. How were the pre-packaged shroomies there? I would love to be able to go to the local cafe and buy 10 g's of fresh Cop. cyan's :smile: :peace: :gd_icon:

there seemed to be very few coffee shops that also sold shrooms. you had to go to a "smart shop" - that sold nugs, hash, herbs, teas, other various herbal remedies, and shrooms. they had quite a variety of (mostly) cubenis, as well as some cyans. they were catagorized by strain variety, with some explanations as to what strain gives what kind of trip (which, to me, is a bunch of bullshit... i think what strain it is is one of the last determinents in what kind of trip you will have, but oh well). they sell them fresh only - a dose large enough for an ego-loss trip costed me 13 euros, i believe it was. the cyans are a bit pricier, and some strains of cubenis are as cheap as 7 euros for a package.

they've got the same sort of thing going on in London, as well.

nothing like being a tourist lost in a foreign city completely zonked out of your mind! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

#3929381 - 03/17/05 07:25 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Great trip report! Good job on writing and sharing it. Makes me want to go see the world right now. :smile:

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3929664 - 03/17/05 09:03 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I envy you Krishna! Welcome back.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAndresko13
Stranger

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Back from Holland... [Re: Learyfan]
    #3929950 - 03/17/05 10:27 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Amsterdam ROCKS!!!

--------------------
-AvS-

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3930018 - 03/17/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Awesome report, Krishna! I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. Do you speak other languages other than English? I am assuming that you do, but I am horrible at assumptions! :smirk:I am going to visit Amsterdam this next winter, sometime. I cannot wait!

--------------------

:murray:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: blissedout]
    #3930175 - 03/17/05 11:31 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

no need to speak other languages there. Practically everyone knows how to speak english, its their collective scond language, hehe.

I always asked myself when iwent there, if i should bother asking people if they speak english or not before talking to them. Because it seemed pretty rude to me to go in a country and expect everyone to speak a language that is not their native language.

Can anyone from holland help me out here?

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Back from Holland... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3930209 - 03/17/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Welcome back Krishna! Great trip report!

Quote:

I always asked myself when iwent there, if i should bother asking people if they speak english or not before talking to them. Because it seemed pretty rude to me to go in a country and expect everyone to speak a language that is not their native language.

It's polite to ask, but not rude if you don't IMO. All people in Holland speak a little English and they can always help you with simple questions.

There are many germans who ask me something in german without asking if I speak german; I do experience that as rude! :smirk: I think that's because we hate germans in Holland  :wink:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Back from Holland... [Re: Annom]
    #3930600 - 03/17/05 01:22 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I was always wondering, what is the root of this hate towards Germany?

Does it have something to do with a war of the past or something?  :smile:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Back from Holland... [Re: Sterile]
    #3931651 - 03/17/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

It's a war and soccer combo; 1974.  :crying:

OfflineIrishNation
The Color Verde

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: Annom]
    #3931747 - 03/17/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Indeed that sounds Glorious.  How many joints do you think you smoked in all?  You should have purchased more mushrooms... it's not often such a privlage can be bought legally.  And if I may say so myself, your writing is quite captivating and extremely well crafted. :handth: :spliff: :mushroom2: :thumbup: :sun:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Back from Holland... [Re: blissedout]
    #3934316 - 03/18/05 06:37 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Awesome report, Krishna! I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. Do you speak other languages other than English? I am assuming that you do, but I am horrible at assumptions! 

yeah, i speak danish and norwegian. well, truthfully, a very screwed up blend of the two. i learned nynorsk in school for two years, which is the western "version" of norwegian. it is quite similar, but a bit different from bokm?l, which is the oslo dialect of norwegian. and bokm?l is nearly identical (written) to danish, but pronounced very differently. so now, i speak danish, but the drunker i get, the more norwegian it turns.

but, it didn't help me for a shit in holland :smile: i could make out what most signs said, to some extent, but could understand fuck-all when people talked. but, as has been said, the dutch (and most north-westerly europeans, for that matter) are quite good at english. so no problems - except sticking out as a tourist. i really noticed, though, that amsterdam was FILLED with tourists - i heard more french, spanish, italian, german, arabic, chinese, etc than dutch in most parts of the city!

oh - and if anybody has the strange desire to read another report i've posted elsewhere of this same trip - http://www.livejournal.com/users/v_krishna/

:gd_icon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale