Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Scariest time in Amsterdam.
    #3594275 - 01/07/05 05:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Whats the scariest time you had in Amsterdam?                        I only ask as my first night there with 8 friends we are all in a head shop around 1 AM, i turn round to speak and theres no one there.          I go outside,no one to be seen {its November}I stumble into a bar as i have no idea where i am and even less regarding how to get back to base camp, which is central red light district.For various reasons i can barely speak, so point my drink out to the barman who swiftly puts on Comfortably Numb,its about this point i realise i have approx ?300 plus passport and get to thinking it would be real easy to be wiped from the face of the earth and nobody would be any wiser,i roll a face waster,drink my huge pint,the song ends and venture out,not knowing which way to go,somehow some inner compass guides me home,theres been a search party going for over an hour and nobody will believe that i was really lost and not in between someones legs ha ha.Anyway its funny now but i bet theres some really scary tales out there. :eek:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: drowneduck]
    #3594452 - 01/07/05 06:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'll let you know if I ever go there.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3594843 - 01/07/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

beeing stoned an having a dirty homeless junkie rub on me untill i gave him money
i gave him 2 euros and got the fuck out of these
also, a black guy asking me if i wanted coke and i said no i made eye contact and he was about to beat the shit out of me or something.. that on some high grade sativa mix = :frown:((

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #3594913 - 01/07/05 07:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drowneduck said:
Whats the scariest time you had in Amsterdam?                        I only ask as my first night there with 8 friends we are all in a head shop around 1 AM, i turn round to speak and theres no one there.          I go outside,no one to be seen {its November}I stumble into a bar as i have no idea where i am and even less regarding how to get back to base camp, which is central red light district.For various reasons i can barely speak, so point my drink out to the barman who swiftly puts on Comfortably Numb,its about this point i realise i have approx ?300 plus passport and get to thinking it would be real easy to be wiped from the face of the earth and nobody would be any wiser,i roll a face waster,drink my huge pint,the song ends and venture out,not knowing which way to go,somehow some inner compass guides me home,theres been a search party going for over an hour and nobody will believe that i was really lost and not in between someones legs ha ha.Anyway its funny now but i bet theres some really scary tales out there. :eek:

I've never been to Amsterdam, but I'd imagine if I had 300lb on me, and was in AMSTERDAM, I really wouldn't give a shit where everyone was. Hah! What happened? Everyone trip on mushrooms and go off on adventure, leaving you in the head shop without you noticing? It must have been a big head shop

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: BrAiN]
    #3595092 - 01/07/05 08:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Someday i will give you a more in depth reveiw,by the way 300lb is not the same as ?300,if only that were the case!

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #3595181 - 01/07/05 08:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well I don't have that pound symbol on my keyboard.. but I'm assing you're referring to british pounds.. which would be about 580 u.s. dollars or so. That's enough to get trashed for a couple days while finding your friends.

InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: BrAiN]
    #3595342 - 01/07/05 09:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My scariest Amsterdam experience was this time when my friends and I missed our first train (we were in London) that was going to the ferry that was going to Holland. We had to take a MUCH later ferry, and instead of getting there at 5:00pm, we got into Amsterdam at 3:00am. I'd been to Amsterdam before, but neither of the girls I was with had, and the first thing they see in Centraal Station is some dreadlocked chick projectile vomitting. We had NO CLUE where our hotel was, and nobody was able to tell us. For some reason, there weren't even any taxi drivers around. Eventually some north African (I forget where, specifically) junkie named Muhammad came up and asked us for a cigarette. I asked him if he knew where our hotel was, and he said he knew the address and that it was only a ten minute walk. We agreed to give him a whole pack of smokes if he took us there. So it's just me, 2 girls, and some crazy junkie. He kept trying to go down narrow alleys and shit, but I told him to stick to the main streets. Finally, he got us to our hotel and we gave him the cig's and a few euros. It was really fortunate that we got there cause they were just closing the front door for the night (it was nearly 4am), and if we were a minute later, we would've had no place to sleep. That would've sucked, hauling my luggage around with two whining and scared girls, trying to find somewhere to hide out until the hotel opened. Thank god for junkie tour guides.

2 days later, one girls passport, credit cards, and cash got stolen. She got back into London using a Dutch police report (it was Sunday and the US embassy was closed). We spent the whole next day in the embassy in London trying to get another one. I think for her the realization that her passport was stolen was probably the scariest part of the trip.

Damn, this is verbose. Sorry.

--------------------
Mr. Tato goes-a clap!
Mr. Tato, all the little things you hear...

Invisiblericochet
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. *DELETED* [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3595584 - 01/07/05 10:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by ricochet

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3595597 - 01/07/05 10:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wanst involved in this but me my cousin and a friend went to amsterdam around 3 years ago. one night, they decided to go out while I was tired and stayed at the hostel. when they came back they were pretty shocked. while walking in one of the dark red light distrcit streets, a guy comes and crashes into my cousin. he drops a pipe in the moment of this crash. he claims that my cuz bumped into him and made him drop his pipe(which was not the case, the whole thing was a setup). he wants my cuz to pay him for the pipe. my cuz insists it was not his fault and says he doesnt have the money on him to pay. but this creepy guys starts threatening him that if he doesnt pay, he will call his friends to beat the shit out of them. my cuz decides he should give the money but the guy now asks for more, as he says when he first asked them for the money, they had lied saying they didnt have the money. they end up giving like 25 euros to this guy.

asmterdam can be a scary place sometimes. stay away from the dark streets...

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: BanJankri]
    #3595725 - 01/07/05 10:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Wow you guys (or friends and relatives) have had some bad experiences in Amsterdam. I've never felt a threat there even when stumbling around on my own on dimly lit streets late at night.

Anyway, my scarriest time was the most fun at the same time, but thats just how I am. After a stop at a smart shop, I went to my favorite coffeshop for a smoke and some chowin down. I was with two friends and someone we had just met from the states. I ate a 35 gram cube and some philosophers stones, maybe a grams worth. After kickin it we headed for the Van Gogh museum.

As we aproached the entrance I started feeling the effects of my goodies kickin in like a pschadelic locomotive. Woo Woo "next stop... insanity" The next two hours were a blur of of colors that ripped through my concience like like impasto lazers. I remember walking into one hallway that was dark maroon and it just collapsed on me. I stood there baffled for a while till a friend snapped me out of it.

After leaving the museum, the sights and sounds of amsterdam became a symphony of the bizzare. Hearing the Dutch language baffled my mind mixed with the trams and bycycles, not to mention the hoards of American tourists (including myself I suppose) bumbling around during cannabis cup. It was unreal. Eventually we went to a coffee shop to wind down... which took quite some time. It was a great time :wink:

YUMMY :yesnod:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: ricochet]
    #3595732 - 01/07/05 10:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
haven't been yet. I project my scariest experience when I go this summer will be being really stoned with no sense of direction (I don't drive, have little clue how to effectively read maps) and trying to find my hostel/campsite in the dark.

Thats the best part :wink:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: beejay]
    #3595973 - 01/07/05 11:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I really need to get there at least once in my life......

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3596054 - 01/08/05 12:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:yesnod: It is a wonderful place to be :thumbup:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3597054 - 01/08/05 04:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Amsterdam isn't the friendliest place of all... beware of pickpockets if you go there!

OfflineXionide
Stranger

Loc: washington
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: stefan]
    #3597378 - 01/08/05 07:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

BTW how much was the trip total for you guys?

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: Xionide]
    #3597902 - 01/08/05 12:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I went al over europe for a month for under 2500

Stefan... I think it depends on where you grew up. I've lived in Chicago all my life, and not always in the best neighborhoods. It kinda depends on the way you carry yourself and how used to being on the streets you are. For me, knowing that the worst someone could pull on me is a knife is reason enough to feel safe. I've had several guns pointed at me in my time on the earth and I dont like it one bit hehe. What you said about pickpockets is true though.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: beejay]
    #3597991 - 01/08/05 01:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Safest part is probably the redlight district.
And Amsterdam aint that dangerous. Kills are 90% criminal revenges and ripdeals etc. No murders for your wallet, but there are some intimidators ofcourse who can give you unpleasant feeling.

But RLD is the safest place. The pimps (also a lot of hells angels who own cofeeshops, whoreplaces etc) dont wanna have trouble there and protect their territory against troublemakers.

But as in every big city one should beware of dickheads who want your money. Thats core.

And as Beejay says, your behaviour tells a lot. Like a dog can smell your fear, a pickpocket or other loser has an instinct for vulnerable tourists. They dont want a confident person to rob. The easier the victim the better.

In the end you will have a sense of who is a sucker, ignore them, you are king! :laugh: Dont by grass from streetdealers, they and their merchandise sucksssss .;)

--------------------

Offlinetomu
Surveyor

Loc: Oslo
Re: Scariest time in Amsterdam. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3671970 - 01/24/05 01:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I guess one thing that applies is : don't look like a tourist.

--------------------
"

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3672035 - 01/24/05 01:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah probably, at daytime its safe everywhere. At nighttime I can advice the redlight district. Put your bags in teh hotel, just be yourself! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3672450 - 01/24/05 03:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Scariest time i 've ever had in Amsterdam, was when i found my way to a coffeshop while tripping hard on a mix of filosophers and mexicana.

I entered the coffeshop to save myself from the outside world's maddness  ....but found out that the room i came into, was alot creepier...

It had a human-sized santa in one corner,a tv playing completely stupid programs in the other, and a large glass table in the middle, that was actually a terrarium full of snakes!  :rockon:

Had to stay in there for hours tho, cos i was with a girl that wasn't able to move much, since everything else was mooving to all directions (was she was saying)

creepy :thumbdown:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub