Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
Dmt experiences - Question
    #3919804 - 03/15/05 05:16 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

With Dmt Ive heard reports of people experiencing time distortions that seem like hundreds of years. That they forget their old body and existance.... Give up on the old life and get on with their existance. Then Suddenly they return after being 'Gone' for what seemed like many life times.

Is this true?? Or bullshit talk?? Anyone have first hand experience dreams? Can it dangle you out like that??

Any links to really good RELIABLE Trip Reports(other than erowid/lycaem)??

Before I try this one I want to know, best I can, the parametters of what Im stepping into if its THAT intense.

Edited by throy (03/15/05 05:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Dickhead]
    #3919821 - 03/15/05 05:24 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

It can be THAT intense.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: delta9]
    #3920163 - 03/15/05 08:21 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Na..it's just a trick. You don't really come back.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3920189 - 03/15/05 08:32 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

yeah, you're really there forever, an alien in another dimension [/sarcasm]

really though i wanna try dmt, sounds enlightening

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3923862 - 03/15/05 11:53 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

But still worth doing???

I spose you could look at it as extending your life for a few hundred years.

--------------------
Multiplied

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3924154 - 03/16/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I can't say I've experienced the time distortion that you mentioned specifically, but I can see how that might be possible given the nature of the drug.  It is the most intense hallucinogen that I am aware of.  It seems to affect different people in markedly different ways.

For example, I've never had an "elf sighting", but I hear that's not uncommon.  I have essentially forgotten who am I for a minute, due to the fact that I was too distracted from being catapulted into hyperspace.  It's difficult to describe, but it's definitely worth trying at least once.

But combine that with Salvia, or 5-Meo-DMT and Salvia, and zowie, welcome to the underwater museum of bad analogies as hosted by a robotic octopus wearing a tuxedo.  It's crazy.  :scrambled:

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3924191 - 03/16/05 01:29 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

It's more like you are thrust into infinity, and when faced with something like that your human concepts of time have no precedence. You realise what has been will always be, and what will always be has always been.

I often become very confused after a DMT session. I won't know what day of week it is, what time it is, or even if it's day or night. I know this is a little hard to get your head around, but try it and see for yourself!

Land_Crab, when McKenna labelled the "self-transforming machine elves" I think he was trying to encapsulate the whole entity thing. The presence, the visions, the driving force behind it all falls under this domain. When he said that I don't think he was specifically mentioning the apparition of little men with striped stockings and bells on their hats :laugh:

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: BorgFace]
    #3924224 - 03/16/05 01:46 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

UR EGO IS PLACED HERE :rockets:           

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Edited by liveby (03/16/05 01:47 AM)

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: BorgFace]
    #3925089 - 03/16/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Taken from T McKenna's Tryptamine Hallucinogens and Consciousness.

Quote:

The experience always reminds me of the twenty-fourth fragment of Heraclitus: "The Aeon is a child at play with colored balls." One not only becomes the Aeon at play with colored balls but meets entities as well. In the book by my brother abd myself, The Invisible Landscape, I describe them as self-transforming machine elves, for that is how they appear. These entities are dynamically contorting topological modules that are somehow distinct from the surrounding background, which is itself undergoing a continuous transformation. These entities remind me of the scene in the film version of The Wizard of Oz after the Munchkins come with a death certificate for the Witch of the East. They all have very squeaky voices and they sing a little song about being "absolutely and completely dead." The tryptamine Munchkins come, these hyperdimensional machine-elf entities, and they bathe one in love. It's not erotic but it is open-hearted. It certainly feels good. These beings are like fractal reflections of some previously hidden and suddenly autonomous part of one's own psyche.

Taken from T. McKenna's Space Time Continuum Alien Dreamtime

Quote:

There was uh, something like a flower. Like a chrysanthemum in orange and yellow that sort of spinning. Spinning. And then, it was like I was pushed from behind and I fell through the chrysanthemum into another place that didnt seem like a state of mind. It seemed like another place. And what was going on in this place (aside from the tastefully soffited indirect lighting and the crawling hallucinations along the domed wall), what was happening was that there were a lot of beings in there, a lot of what I call self-transforming machine elves. Sort of like jeweled basketballs all dribbling their way toward me. And if they had faces they wouldve been grinning at me, but they didnt have faces. And they assured me that they loved me, and they told me not to be amazed, not to give way to astonishment. And so I watched them, even though I wondered if maybe I hadnt really done it this time! And what they were doing, was they were making objects come into existence by singing them into existence.

Objects which looked like Faberge eggs from Mars, morphing themselves with Mandaean alphabetical structures. They looked like the concrescence of linguistic intentionality put through a kind of hyperdimensional transform into three-dimensional space. And these little machines offered themselves to me. And I realized when I looked at them, that if I could bring just one of these little trinkets back, nothing would ever be quite the same again

:smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Kerr]
    #3925379 - 03/16/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

We'll I have never done DMT, and most definately will NOT in the near future.

When people say they feel they have experienced hundreds of years in a different state of existance, I don't think they mean it literally, like they were aware of what was hapenning for years and years.

I think it just shows how times ONLY dictates life and death. Infinity is REAL, and numbers to show time mean nothing. When in the DMT state I simply guess that you are in a place where a second and an hour is the same thing. Where a year and a day is the same thing. There is only the NOW, no future, no past. Hundreds of years essentially is seperating NOTHING. It is the same as experiencing it for 1 second on earth. WHen in the DMT state you only experience the NOW, and that can feel like eternities.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Kerr]
    #3925414 - 03/16/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

wow.

This stuff does sound better and better. Obviously a risk though. It does seem to 'change' everyone a bit who breaks through.

I read about the potential for really long depressions after using it too though. Anyone experience this??

That scares me a bit. I experienced serious depression for over 3 years after an LSD Trauma(death/judgement/rebirth). I wouldn't be able to go through that again... no way!

But I've done LSD since and found that I regularly have similar experiences of death/judgement/rebirth but, I don't experience the deppresion any longer... Im able to shrug it off and move on.

I think Ill grow a few Plants this summer Phalaris/Bundle flower... So If I do it, Itll be from scratch, and my own extraction. My Garden will be on the east coast of Canada if anyone has sugestions of hearty growing plants for my garden(indoor and Outdoor).

I appreciate all of your posts...make me feel more comfortable. keep em comming if you want. The more the better.

--------------------
Multiplied

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3926330 - 03/16/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I've found DMT to be very therapeutic for me.

You realise in these states that all your hangups and insecurities are completely unfounded. It's almost as if it raises you on a pontifical platform above the rest of humanity, and nobody can take that inner power away from you.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3926995 - 03/16/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
For example, I've never had an "elf sighting", but I hear that's not uncommon.  I have essentially forgotten who am I for a minute, due to the fact that I was too distracted from being catapulted into hyperspace.  It's difficult to describe, but it's definitely worth trying at least once.

My theory on the elf sighting thing is that poeple get the idea implanted in their heads from other people and it manifests itself in the trip. What do you think?

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
But combine that with Salvia, or 5-Meo-DMT and Salvia, and zowie, welcome to the underwater museum of bad analogies as hosted by a robotic octopus wearing a tuxedo.  It's crazy.  :scrambled:

Indeed :shocked:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3928328 - 03/16/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

check out the garden forum for growing info bro. phalaris grows wild throughout canada. bundleflower will be an indoor in teh winter palnt, especially on teh east coast.

cool thing i find with dmt is its hugely different trips that are teh same. ive only realyl read about people and their experiences...i have only tried yopo. i am also growing my own plants and testing them in teh future.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3928348 - 03/16/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Time is not real. What is a life time for a man is less than a microsecond for the earth. Humanity will have come and gone in the blink an eye.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: kadakuda]
    #3930518 - 03/17/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
...i have only tried yopo.

How were they??? I have a bunch sitting in my apt. here. I also got enough Salvia for like half a hit... Was thinking of crushing up the seeds and mixing em' together with the Sally and some MJ. Hate to waste the half bowl of Salvia.

--------------------
Multiplied

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3930667 - 03/17/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
Quote:

Land_Crab said:
For example, I've never had an "elf sighting", but I hear that's not uncommon. I have essentially forgotten who am I for a minute, due to the fact that I was too distracted from being catapulted into hyperspace. It's difficult to describe, but it's definitely worth trying at least once.

My theory on the elf sighting thing is that poeple get the idea implanted in their heads from other people and it manifests itself in the trip. What do you think?

How does your theory fit with people who have sightings without ever hearing anything about it?

It doesn't mean little (or big) men with pointy ears.

Elves is a bad metaphor for these THINGS that are a common entity in DMTLand and appear to many many many people but in different manners. Sometimes they may be little gnomes with pointy ears. Sometimes they may be alien appearing. Sometimes they may be machine like. Sometimes they may be an amalgam of all or some of the above. Sometimes they may be something else entirely. Usually, they're in there somewhere if you have a breakthrough.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineJMP
user-friendly
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: delta9]
    #4016435 - 04/05/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

once I thought I was dead & going to be trapped in the cydelikspace forever...hahahahaha! Wait...did I come back yet? :whoa:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4017984 - 04/05/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

throy said:
Is this true??  Or bullshit talk??

completely true :shocked:

but a lot more complicated than just living hundreds of years of normal time
i can't really explain it though

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Dmt experiences - Question [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4018047 - 04/05/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I want DMT :frown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds