Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Republicans have a lot in common with the Taliban [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3908185 - 03/12/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I guess we can agree on most things.

I have seen blatant Left bias and blatant Right bias in the media. Any form of media that is more run by "artists" seems to be Left-leaning in my opinion. But, there are also segments of the media that lean Right. I think that right now it goes without saying that the Right has more political power than the Left in America.

I don't like any of it. I don't like the bias. I don't like people preaching to me in an effort to get me to think like them. I don't like it when ideologues play the victim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Republicans have a lot in common with the Taliban [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3909887 - 03/12/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

One interesting note in the article is the opinion that our enemies in the War on Terror are against everything that liberals stand for. I think that this is true in a philosphical sense. It makes me wonder why more liberals don't support the war on terror. I think if Bill Clinton was in office they would, much like when we rid Kosovo of a maniac.

I am not a republican or a member of any political party. I support the Bush Doctrine. I am a conservative. I don't think that people on the right are racist, and I get tired of all of the name calling. Republican majorities are now part of the mainstream in our society, and we don't resemble anything like the Taliban.

I think that the name calling should stop and we should concentrate on the battle of ideas. The republicans have been on the front line in fighting regimes like the Taliban. I would welcome the democrats in joining that fight.

I think that one of the reasons that republicans hated Clinton was when he turned out to be somewhat of a conservative. He worked to cut welfare and end big government as we knew it. Some people on the right didn't want him to take any of the credit. It didn't matter if he supported their policy, they wanted to hate him anyway. Same thing today with the War on Terror. Democrats hate Bush even though he is trying to spread democracy and freedom, even though empowering people that is really what they are really about anyway.

I don't know what the answer is. People should be more reasonable I guess.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Republicans have a lot in common with the Taliban [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3913065 - 03/13/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Any form of media that is more run by "artists" seems to be Left-leaning in my opinion.

You do have a valid point here. This idea is so distorted by the "liberal media conspiracy" that gets thrown around it really gets on my nerves sometimes. Beyond the music industry I see this left influence of the artists non-existent. The literature and television esablishment and individuals who make them up are centrist as a whole. Movie making elite (the academy) may be leftists but it is an industry run by corporate businessmen and any one individuals influence on any movie is practically non-existent anyways. Other than the music industry, I would hardly extend any leftist influence beyond social issues (a stretch though)-which has to do with what you stated earlier about extreame and attention grabbing tendancies of pop culture; and has nothing to do with the economic or political spectrum of left/right.

As far as news from television and newspapers. Each have their own bias but it is to appeal to their own demographic which should be a given anyways and stomping one's feet about it is useless and masturbating one's victim status. This is relly what gets me going when people blame how piss poor the newsmedia is on bias.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale