Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Owsley's Van Allen Belt theory [Re: Swami]
    #3904273 -

Swami said:
As a whole, these people are always more peaceful and tolerant. Are you more likely to see a fight in a bar or at a Dead show?

Relevance? Lobotomy patients are quite peaceful, so what? How many fights break out at a Tony Bennett concert?



Well, I would never recommend mass lobotomisation and I'd never recommend people taking "Instant Elderly" pills. Come on now. How can you seriously make that comparison, Swami?




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Owsley's Van Allen Belt theory [Re: Learyfan]
    #3904471 -

Well, I would never recommend mass lobotomisation and I'd never recommend people taking "Instant Elderly" pills. Come on now. How can you seriously make that comparison, Swami?

He makes the comparison to point out that perhaps the reason there aren't many fights at dead shows isn't because of psychedelics. Perhaps any large event where alcohol isn't being consumed in large amounts is less likely to have violence.

I've been to WEMF a few times, and there are TONS of psychedelics being consumed, but there are still a few violent outbursts.


What evidence do you have that LSD is what causes people to be peaceful, and it's not just that peaceful people are more likely to be interested in LSD?


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Owsley's Van Allen Belt theory [Re: Phluck]
    #3907150 -

Quote:
He makes the comparison to point out that perhaps the reason there aren't many fights at dead shows isn't because of psychedelics. Perhaps any large event where alcohol isn't being consumed in large amounts is less likely to have violence.



No, because Dead shows and other places where psychedelics are common were and are directly fueled by psychedelics and marijuana in the first place.



Quote:
I've been to WEMF a few times, and there are TONS of psychedelics being consumed, but there are still a few violent outbursts.



Yes, but overall what's the mood like? You guys keep trying to counter what I'm saying by giving rare examples of contradictory behavior.


Quote:
What evidence do you have that LSD is what causes people to be peaceful, and it's not just that peaceful people are more likely to be interested in LSD?



People have become barefoot hippies overnight as a result of using LSD. They have changed from being whiskey drinking, power hungry cowboys to tree hugging flower children after having one mind-blowing psychedelic session.







--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Edited by Learyfan (03/12/05 12:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Owsley's Van Allen Belt theory [Re: Learyfan]
    #3907187 -

No, because Dead shows and other places where psychedelics are common were and are directly fueled by psychedelics and marijuana in the first place.

I don't understand how that makes any difference.

Yes, but overall what's the mood like? You guys keep trying to counter what I'm saying by giving rare examples of contradictory behavior.

The mood is pretty fun and jovial... but so's the mood at a bar, generally.

People have become barefoot hippies overnight as a result of using LSD. They have changed from being whiskey drinking, power hungry cowboys to tree hugging flower children after having one mind-blowing psychedelic session.

Who? And did it last?


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A.O.S.3's LSD/Van Allen Belt theory LearyfanS 1,909 10 02/15/02 05:26 PM
by Roger_irrelevant
* Did we really go to the moon?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ChiefThunderbong 4,052 90 10/12/03 07:31 AM
by mr_kite
* Do You Ever Question Reality? Adamist 2,154 19 05/25/05 02:42 PM
by Shroomism
* (Human) Consciousness
( 1 2 3 4 all )
trendalM 6,809 64 01/03/04 05:49 PM
by Deiymiyan
* Leslie van Houten Parole? PapaverS 681 2 06/28/02 09:04 AM
by Swami
* Consciousness described by TGD theory trendalM 1,055 10 10/24/03 01:39 PM
by automan
* A theory on gayness
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RebelSteve33 5,510 75 06/09/03 11:46 AM
by Sclorch
* Prediction Theory Zero7a1 1,304 13 05/08/03 10:02 PM
by Zero7a1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,847 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.