Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, DXM, San Pedro, Scales, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Prediction Theory
    #1524840 - 05/06/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking this morning about how we might be able to "predict the future". How does it work? I know that in my dreams i have distinctly seen people wearing certain clothes and for one reason or another i pay attention to it, and when i wake up i will see them and they are wearing the clothes that are in my dreams. This just doesnt happen with clothes but it happens with a lot of things. I had a dream a few nights ago where i was looking in my backyard and i saw these 4 foot tall shrooms of all different kinds. i saw them at different stages of growth and decomposition. I had flashes of a ring of smaller shrooms in my yard... so what happens? that morning when i wake up and their are the shrooms that i know about that are commonly in my yard, and the shrooms that were in my dream. they had grown. and the next day, i looked and there was a ring of them.

So im thinking today, well i always have shit like this happen and i know this stuff comes true.

Okay so i think, and i come up with a good analogy.

Imagine walking through a forest, some things you cant see and it could be a surprise. But some things, like a mountain, you can see all the time and you know its there, there is no surprise. So i was thinking maybe when we have images of certain things, that because A) we are opened to understand the playing out of universal events and B) because the universe knows that these events wont be interupted. So consequently for one reason or another your brain is opened up to the time reality tunnel and you can predict certain events, because these events are like mountains in a jungle, they are no surprise in the playing out of universal events. Another reason why i think that maybe Nostradamus could predict certain things, or the Mayans having their calendar end in 2012. for whatever knowledge they knew about the structure of our society, and laws of outside forces that modern science or discovery has either lost or not dawned upon.

Our predictions could be a manifestation of events that stand out like mountains in the vast unknown. That which some of us as humans have the ability and or want to see past the present, and or without or own two eyes.

Aldous Huxely talks about these tunnels in the Doors Of Perception. He mentions how mushrooms and mescaline maybe are the keys to unlocking these "doorways" or our pathways to the outer world.

To me its not a mystery to think this is absolutely true. We can predict that if someone is going 60 miles an hour in a car without wearing their seat belt and they crash they are most likely going to fly out. Now this is so easy to understand because your "universe" you are dealing with is so small, so easy to predict the outcome. But none the less this is the same principal. you take this to the eternal universal scale, find a conduit in between you and the future. and let the universe guide your perception to the outplaying of events.

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSalvia_B
Stranger
Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1524993 - 05/06/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I often get the feeling of having lived my life numerous times before...
A feeling of having decided differently once, when i make a descision (only rarley)

The "mountains" of prediction, could be crossroads of common choices/events that we have tried many times...

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Salvia_B]
    #1525195 - 05/06/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well i think of it as... there are events that will play themselvs out , regardless of any other occurance and therefore it stands out like a mountain. or a vision.

--------------------
What?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1525718 - 05/06/03 10:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know the term for a long term prediction, but i have had many of these on mescaline.

The fact is that you know EVERYTHING, and you don't know it. The already know everything that has bappened in the past, everything in the future, and the present also.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Prediction Theory [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1525967 - 05/06/03 11:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah and so i have read that this is also what the greeks believed. and that they took a drink called kykeon i believe it is called. and they would go on these yearly walks to drink this and they would obtain the sacred knowledge or something of the sort. When you think about it and if you let your mind go you can think about just about anything. and i think therefore we already know everything. if we just let our mind go. im doing it now... and im getting millions of images... our limits are what we know about the things in our universe and the things we have seen with our own two eyes. i think some thigns we dont know... and we are designed not to know. which is a good thing... if i start knowing what is going to happen all the time i truely will end up like mr Donie Darko. Thats the problem i had with DXM it increased my thought vibrations, and the time between the understanding of the possibilities of events and the fact that they very much were there or could be there... ah that fucked me up. i felt like my head was going to melt. i couldnt see straight. out of my fucking mind. i dont ever want to go back to that...

can you sit in one place and play things back in your mind?

can your replay events in your life? in real time action in your head? or at least imagine what that would be like?

i had a dream where i was in this space sphere that could travel through space at nearly the rate of instant teleportation. and i had all these images of formulas and various understandings for how it worked. but i woke up. theres a lot we could do... but its just if you want to do it. if you want to know. some things though like i said... we are kept from knowing... for one reason or another. probably for oour own survival. having that open of a conduit would send you completely insane. and thats exactly what Aldous Huxely theorized about mescaline and schizophrenic patients. that the "crazy" people were just open to too much information. without the reduction valves we would be insane. someitmes i feel mine open up too much. but ive got a good system for them now.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1526480 - 05/07/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A lot of words, but where is your theory?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Swami]
    #1528190 - 05/07/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Swami: Re: Shroomism's Telepathy Challenge
post #1486056 - 04/23/03 02:34 PM

"*Swami bans himself for 30 days for improper "tone".*

Me: Post #1486120 - 04/23/03 02:47 PM
Bye Bro. :smile:

I will hold you to this.

Cheerio,

-------------------------------------

???????

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Prediction Theory [Re: ]
    #1528454 - 05/07/03 08:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Swami: Re: Shroomism's Telepathy Challenge
post #1486056 - 04/23/03 02:34 PM

"*Swami bans himself for 30 days for improper "tone".*

Me: Post #1486120 - 04/23/03 02:47 PM
Bye Bro.

I will hold you to this.

Cheerio,

-------------------------------------

I am rather interested  myself as to how that section of the story will unfold... I am eagerly waiting to see the experimental results !!!!

[Aside]-  Those dates and times...  although you may not quite get it, actually mean something to me...  in terms of the timing involved with the numbers used overlapped with the parametres I once set for those specific numbers... compounded with this whole idea of telepathy type stuff.

This appears to me as a conceptual example of synchronicity.  For those of you who may be interested,  that is one method how I believe that telepathy, or any other kind of "X-File" type thing happens. 

I have previously mentionned in my postings of the "overlap" concept where a quote said by Shroomism  (Re: Parallel Universes):" We are multi-dimensional" (I said those exact words half a decade before that)....and,  the numbers 10.32  &  10.32223  as stated by djfrog (Re: Hey Shroomism),  made me do a "double-take".

I am saying it again of this...  Relating from a specifically timed interaction between Swami & Mr_Mushrooms.

Unfortunately, I will not go into detail at this time because then there would be an element of "outside" influence introduced into this equation.  I will, however, continue my observations.

:grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (05/07/03 08:24 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1529810 - 05/08/03 04:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

this place is a technocracy....who put the robots in charge?

oh shit........we did.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Swami]
    #1531501 - 05/08/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Should i change it do prediction Idea? lol.

it was the whole thing. and deisyman is right. its a conceptual detailment or "theory" of how i think predictions are come to be true. my theory is that its not so "out there" , its not "new age dogmatic crap". that these predictions are real. and that my conceptualization is proof of my theory. these "predictions" are just reflections of things that are known in the universe. and science and logic could explain them. and i tried to give an account of how that is possible. i hope that makes it a little more clear.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1531664 - 05/08/03 07:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Good ideas, zero. The strange thing is that my last few mushroom trips have revealed to me the same ideas that you have presented. I mean exactly. I wonder if this is simply due to the nature of mushroom "intoxication", or if there really is truth to it.

What I realized was that there are higher levels of the self which we are usually not focused on. It is through these higher levels that we navigate through events which are further ahead of us (I, me) in time.

Another thing that the mushrooms reveal to me through experience has to do with "where ideas come from". Is it possible that all ideas originate from some kind of singularity which contains all the ideas? And do mushrooms somehow allow us contact with this singularity? Perhaps this singularity is in fact our collective consciousness. That which animates us and gives us life. Is this where channelings come from?

I'm still waiting to see how the idea of a higher self fits into the idea of a collective consciousness. I know the pieces fit..

Or maybe they don't. Who knows.

--------------------

Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
Re: Prediction Theory [Re: Revelation]
    #1532395 - 05/08/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Theoretical explination to why people have similar trips(you may think), how I relate this to you; since the info is out there in human context now, it's easier to pick up un. Read the post and that sentance may make more sence.

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

Edited by psychopsilocyber (05/08/03 11:17 PM)

Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
    #1532397 - 05/08/03 11:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you're definately going to want to read that link I gave.

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1532508 - 05/09/03 12:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you Revelation :smile: .

Mushrooms provide a great observence i think to what seems to be a mystery to us now. Mushrooms allow ,what i have learned,  an ability to "do loops" so fast that you can by pass the random useless data that we accumulate during our natural flow of thought, or at least break our thought and observe other interesting systems. But without that "reduction valve" i would be sooo insane. BUt before i even did mushrooms i thought what you did about one singularity containing within it all ideas. and that to me is exactly what i think everything is. only ONE. maybe interpreted asgod? ONLY one intelligence? take one as 2 or the yin yang. but now turn that yin yang into a fractal, and that fractal is thus eternity. now this process, this simple equation will bond us to everything. in some way i think this is what the "tree of knowledge" is. maybe when we stumble over ourselves, break the loops, we have such "Revelations" or predictions within the future. whether things are already going to be where they are doesnt matter. determinism? my point is, is that due to the fact that this present exists and future events or "predictions" are true, because the time between the present and the occurance of the prediction wont have enough outside influence to change the outcome of the future. This is My PREDICTION THEORY. maybe not mine i dont know. but i know i see a pattern, and it doesnt matter if i do or not. what i do know is that the universe is here, and there is understanding, truth is a process, and existance is eternal. what i want to do is to expand, and expand as far and as wide as i can. these tools, mushrooms, prediction, the human body, allow what we know as a conciousness to gain knowledge. with that knowledge, we can can make our dreams. at least thats what ive come to.

i think i know what you mean... maybe the "future self". or the Supreme self?

maybe the Higher self is simply the future. and everyones higher self or projected self is the dreams that everyone looks to, whether they think they do or not. and this projected Dreamplace where everyone resides in, is the collective conciousness?

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, DXM, San Pedro, Scales, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology