Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
air tight?
    #389449 - 09/09/01 04:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

when i put my casing in my terrerium does it HAVE to be air tight?
i have been useing my air tight 10 gallon aquarium, but now my friend is useing that so i bought a rubber made container, and i believe it is not completely air tight, should i have to worry?

drugs are good, and when you do them people think that your cool

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Re: air tight? [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #389458 - 09/09/01 04:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, that is a good question!

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
    #389462 - 09/09/01 04:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Essentially, as long as the conditions are within the growing conditions for the strain you are growing, things are good. If they are not, you need to modify it. If you are growing from casings, you need slightly less RH than you do if you are growing from cakes - depending on how "not air tight" the chamber is, it might be fine. You want a little openings, anyway, to allow air exchange. Put yourself a humidity gauge in there, and if it is 90%+, you are fine. If not, you need to find a way to change plans.

---- Cantara

When I was young I knew everything

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Re: air tight? [Re: cantara]
    #389467 - 09/09/01 04:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ya, i was thinking of laying the casing to the bottom, and welding two half cups to either side of the terrerium, filling those with perlit and water, like two balconies filled with perlite, it should be fine buy my standards. thanx

--------------------

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #389611 - 09/09/01 07:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

my neighbor's cat has been using semitranslucent rubbermaids for some time for PF tek more or less. she has been at it for several years with no special hooked up equipment. she always seems to have plenty of shrooms for her friends.

to employ rubermaids to a tray tek, i suggest using a tray inside the rubbermaid, otherwise condensate running down the sides full of contams run directly into your tray. it shouldnt hurt colonized substrate, but. . . .

the alternative would be to case below and above the substrate. this would have the advantage of utilizing the condensate moisture, but would have to be monitored more closely. if the terrarium is in a cold room or one that the temps vary wildly, this could be a problem.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation