Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSlackerKM
Unusual suspect

Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated?
    #3879641 - 03/06/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.libertythink.com/2005/03/hunter-thompson-was-working-on-wtc.html

Hunter Thompson was working on WTC collapse story before mysterious sudden death
Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Toronto Globe and Mail February 26, 2005:

He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. ..

Hunter S. Thompson ... was indeed working on such a story.

Now check out this February 25 Associated Press story about Thompson's death. Sounds a lot like a professional hit with a silencer:

"I was on the phone with him, he set the receiver down and he did it. I heard the clicking of the gun," Anita Thompson told the Aspen Daily News in Friday's editions.

She said her husband had asked her to come home from a health club so they could work on his weekly ESPN column...

Thompson said she heard a loud, muffled noise, but didn't know what had happened. "I was waiting for him to get back on the phone," she said.

(Her account to Rocky Mountain News reporter Jeff Kass is slightly different: "I did not hear any bang," she told Kass. She added that Thompson's son, who was in the house at the time, believed that a book had fallen when he heard the shot, according to Kass' report.)

Mack White sums up the questions well:

Thompson's family says he was not depressed, nor was he in enough to pain to kill himself. In fact, by all reports, he was quite happy. He was talking on the phone to his wife, getting ready to work on his column, when he decided it would be wise to kill himself, so that he could go out (we are told) while "still at the top of his form," even though this would mean not finishing his column or his expose on 9/11 (potentially the most important thing he would ever write) (?)...

Edited to remove misleading resource....

--------------------

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Edited by SlackerKM (03/06/05 10:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlackerKM
Unusual suspect

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: SlackerKM]
    #3879671 - 03/06/05 08:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://mackwhite.com/

HST: No Bullet Cycled into Firing Chamber

From a Rocky Mountain News article (3/2/05):

A soft-sided gun case was found at Hunter Thompson's feet along with a spent shell casing and a semiautomatic Smith & Wesson model 645 handgun, Ryan's report said. The gun's magazine had six bullets left in the clip, but no bullet was found in the gun's firing chamber, Ryan said. "I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber, but if there's a malfunction, they may not," DiSalvo said. DiSalvo said he hadn't checked the gun, but the weapon could have been on a manual cycle that would have stopped the other bullets from going into the chamber.

WhatReallyHappened.com comments on the above: For you "Miami Vice" fans, the model 645 is the gun Don Johnson used in the final season of the show. There is no "Manual cycle" to keep the autoloader from operating when the gun is fired. The only slide lock on the gun is used to lock the slide in the open (unfiring) position to facilitate inserting a new magazine.

---------------------

NY POST..PAGE 6

WAS Hunter S. Thompson's mysterious death really a suicide?

There are some serious irregularities surrounding the demise of the
gonzo author, who was found shot to death in the kitchen of his Woody
Creek, Colo., ranch on Feb. 20, and local cops seemed to have done a
lackluster job of investigating.

Police reports obtained by the Rocky Mountain News note that cops
arriving on the scene heard shots being fired, that Thompson's son,
Juan, was allowed to be alone with the body, and that there was
something odd about the gun Thompson supposedly used to kill himself.

Before his death, Thompson seemed in good spirits and was not known to
be depressed. And considering his long-winded style, the absence of a
note seems strange - he'd typed only the single word "counselor."

There were no eyewitnesses to the shooting, only an "earwitness" -
Thompson's wife, Anita, who was on the phone with him at the time and
who later drank scotch with the corpse. Her account of the incident is
inconsistent: She alternately has said that she heard a loud, muffled
noise and that she heard nothing but clicking.

The behavior of Juan, who was in the house at the time of the shooting,
also was unusual. Pitkin County Deputy Sheriff John Armstrong said that
when investigators arrived on the scene they heard shots, but Juan
assured them he had merely been firing off a salute to his dead dad.
Investigator Joseph DiSalvo also let Juan enter the kitchen alone and
drape a scarf over the body.

And in his report, Deputy Ron Ryan noted the semi-automatic Smith &
Wesson 645 found next to Thompson's body was in an unusual condition.
There was a spent shell casing, but although there were six bullets
left in the gun's clip, there was no bullet in the firing chamber, as
there should have been under normal circumstances.

DiSalvo said he did not check the gun, adding, "I think a bullet from
the magazine should have cycled into the chamber" unless there was a
"malfunction." A spent slug was found in the stove hood behind the
body.

Conspiracy theorists make much of the fact that Thompson had been
working on a far-fetched story about the World Trade Center attack at
the time of his death.

As Canada's Globe and Mail reported, Thompson had "stumbled across what
he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not
by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off
in their foundations."

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

#3879687 - 03/06/05 08:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.indybay.org/uploads/hunter_thompson_aug29_2002.mp3

Here is an audio clip with Hunter talking about Government involvment in 9/11.

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3879751 - 03/06/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The funny thing is, that site doesn't post the entire quote from the Globe and Mail article. I wish I had a copy in front of me.

But it goes something like:

He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. He called a friend frantically the night before his death, warning him that they were after him, and that they'd try to make it look like a suicide.

It's a scenario that would have been fitting, but sadly it's not true. He was working on such a story, but he was always a melancholy man, etc...

That's paraphrased, but that's close to how the ACTUAL article goes. But yeah, if you take it out of context, twist the meaning around, and omit key parts, it looks like evidence he was murdered. All this really demonstrates though, is how dishonest conspiracy theorists can be.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Phluck]
    #3879831 - 03/06/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3879837 - 03/06/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What I don't really get is that the buildings coming down due to explosive charges is not new news at all. Its as old as 9-11 itself. There's video clips all over the net of firemen saying what they thought were explosive charges. This is nothing new at all. Did he think that just because he was Hunter S. Thompson that he would change people's minds about it, that he would strip the "conspiracy" away from it??

I'm not sure what to think of this news.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3879839 - 03/06/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We also can't rule out the possibility of unicorns on Pluto.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3879900 - 03/06/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If a well respected somebody such as an actor were to deliver news like this into the public arena, a better portion of general population might actually listen.  This whole thing makes me sick..  :frown:

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3880425 - 03/06/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
If a well respected somebody such as an actor were to deliver news like this into the public arena, a better portion of general population might actually listen.  This whole thing makes me sick..  :frown:

Exactly.  The truth about marijuana is out there, but it won't be believed by the people until someone with some star power gets behind the cause. 

Having said that, I don't know what to believe about this yet.  I do know that it's very possible. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineSlackerKM
Unusual suspect

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Phluck]
    #3880645 - 03/06/05 10:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
The funny thing is, that site doesn't post the entire quote from the Globe and Mail article. I wish I had a copy in front of me.

But it goes something like:

He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. He called a friend frantically the night before his death, warning him that they were after him, and that they'd try to make it look like a suicide.

It's a scenario that would have been fitting, but sadly it's not true. He was working on such a story, but he was always a melancholy man, etc...

That's paraphrased, but that's close to how the ACTUAL article goes. But yeah, if you take it out of context, twist the meaning around, and omit key parts, it looks like evidence he was murdered. All this really demonstrates though, is how dishonest conspiracy theorists can be.

I apologize for posting that bit of misleading information. The second paragraph text, as posted on http://mackwhite.com/, is as follows:

That's how I imagine a tribute to Hunter S. Thompson should begin. He was indeed working on such a story, but it wasn't what killed him. He exercised his own option to do that. As he said to more than one person, "I would feel real trapped in this life if I didn't know I could commit suicide at any time."

I should also note that the writer of the blog disagrees with that assessment:

Now let?s see if I?ve got this straight. Thompson?s family says he was not depressed, nor was he in enough to pain to kill himself. In fact, by all reports, he was quite happy. He was talking on the phone to his wife, getting ready to work on his column, when he decided it would be wise to kill himself, so that he could go out (we are told) while ?still at the top of his form,? even though this would mean not finishing his column or his expose on 9/11 (potentially the most important thing he would ever write) (?) ?

--------------------

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Learyfan]
    #3880648 - 03/06/05 10:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

usefulidiot said:

Exactly.  The truth about marijuana is out there, but it won't be believed by the people until someone with some star power gets behind the cause. 

Woody Harrelson doesn't have star power?

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3880724 - 03/06/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've said all along, it was Courtney Love who killed HST.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleDieCommie

#3880739 - 03/06/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
If a well respected somebody such as an actor....

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think any actors are experts in this field.... if I were to be convinced the WTC was blown up by explosives, the "respected" expert advice I would look for would be from a engineer, or maybe a demolitions expert.... hell a first year physics student would be better than an actor.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: DieCommie]
    #3880744 - 03/06/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not all actors are idiots... but your point is well taken.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: DieCommie]
    #3881899 - 03/07/05 08:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

usefulidiot said:
If a well respected somebody such as an actor....

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think any actors are experts in this field.... if I were to be convinced the WTC was blown up by explosives, the "respected" expert advice I would look for would be from a engineer, or maybe a demolitions expert.... hell a first year physics student would be better than an actor.

Can you or anybody cite atleast one reputable physicists analysis on how exactly the towers colapsed because of burning jet fuel?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3881959 - 03/07/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Can you or anybody cite atleast one reputable physicists analysis on how exactly the towers colapsed because of burning jet fuel?

Yes.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/09/0917_disasterbuildings.html

Inferno Heat, Not Impact, Brought Down Towers, Experts Say
Bijal P. Trivedi
for National Geographic Today
September 17, 2001

Had it not been for the raging inferno that consumed the core of each of the World Trade Center towers in New York City last week, the buildings might still be standing, although severely damaged.

The structures withstood the initial impact of the two jetliners that crashed into them after being hijacked. But the steel columns supporting the damaged floors could not withstand the intense temperatures produced by the fireball of burning jet fuel, experts say.

Jet fuel fires burn unusually hot, and engineers believe the fire may have led to temperatures as high as 1,600 degrees Celsius (2,900 degrees Fahrenheit).

At temperatures above 500 degrees Celsius, steel loses its strength and "turns to Play-doh," said engineer Ted Krauthammer, of Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania.

As the steel columns at the core of the Twin Towers collapsed, the floors they supported fell on each other like two stacks of pancakes. "I was surprised and horrified to see them collapse," said Brooklyn-born physicist Frank Moscatelli of Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania.

In an effort to understand why the upper 20 stories that were instantly damaged didn't just "peel away," Moscatelli did some calculations. He estimated that the combined amount of energy released from the impact of the planes hitting the towers, the jet fuel explosions, and the collapse of both buildings was roughly equivalent to exploding 200 tons of TNT?about 2 percent to 4 percent of the explosive energy of the bomb detonated at Hiroshima.

Together, the energy from the force of the planes hitting the towers and the subsequent fuel explosion wasn't great enough alone to immediately knock down the towers, Moscatelli believes. What caused the buildings to collapse entirely, he said, was the combined weight and momentum of the falling floors.

"Basically, the aircraft and the fire destroyed the top 20 stories and gravity destroyed the rest," he said.

Once the top stories had begun to collapse, the undamaged steel supports of lower levels did not have enough strength to prevent the domino collapse of the upper stories.

Ultimately, the buildings' majesty was their own undoing, said Moscatelli.

Skyscrapers such as the Twin Towers are storehouses of gravitational energy, he explained. Once the structural support of the upper floors is removed, a few falling floors can bring down an entire building.

The rectangular design of the buildings probably contributed to their destruction, he added.

The Empire State Building, for example, has a more pyramidal structure, which makes it more resistant to the kind of demolition-style vertical collapse that brought down the Twin Towers. The architectural design of the older building also has greater "redundancy" in column supports, said engineer Marc Hoit of the University of Florida in Gainesville.

On July 28, 1945, a B-25 military bomber, disoriented in a heavy fog, crashed into the 79th floor of the 102-story Empire State Building. Eleven occupants and three flyers were killed, but the landmark?the world's tallest building at that time?was not permanently damaged.

Hoit believes that while the destruction of the World Trade Center may lead architects to consider some subtle changes in the design of major buildings, the disaster is not likely to have a large impact on global architecture. The result may be greater attention to ease of evacuation or more structural redundancy, for example, but not a diminished desire to build big.

"People want tall monuments, tall buildings," said Hoit. "People want architecture that symbolizes strength and power."

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3881999 - 03/07/05 09:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bush knew

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Phluck]
    #3882006 - 03/07/05 09:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have seen a jet fuel fire cause a steel girder to warp in fifteen minutes.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3882233 - 03/07/05 11:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Kind of related, I hope most of you have already seen this: http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php#Preloader

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Craziness - Hunter S. Thompson assassinated? [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3882249 - 03/07/05 11:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, we've all seen it and debunked it a million zillion times.

Look, people who actually know what they're talking about can explain it best:
http://paulboutin.weblogger.com/2002/03/14

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix