Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Cloudy thought
    #3879673 - 03/06/05 10:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sometimes, actually quite often lately, I'll have days where my thoughts feel clouded. Even my vision feels clouded, not in the sense that my physical vision is clouded but rather that my brain is not processing everything I see.

If I go for a walk or exercise it sometimes helps with the feeling but most often I just have to deal with it for at day or two. During that time it is much harder than normal to concentrate and I definitely feel my brain isn't working at it's normal capacity.

These feelings aren't linked to drug or alcohol use as they appear independent of drug or alcohol use. The only way to describe it is I feel "out of it". Sometimes this is accompanied by slight depression or a feeling of despair.

I just listened to the song "Mad World" from the Donnie Darko soundtrack and that song compliments my current mood if that helps to understand the feeling. But it isn't usually a feeling of despair it's normally just a feeling that my thoughts, reasoning and visual acuity are impaired.

Any ideas of what could cause this? Is that what ADD is like?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: cb9fl]
    #3879703 - 03/06/05 10:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What you describe sounds like it may be similar to what I and other people on this forum have. Does your vision have a sort of a layer of static over it? I'd describe my vision as having this static becuase I find it extremely hard to focus my eyes on objects and details. It often feels as though my vision is dying. I also cannot focus or concentrate, but I wouldn't label it as ADD. Different things can cause a concentration problem. The feelings of despair and depression may be a biproduct. Do you have any problems with your memory? I wish I could help you, but I am looking for answers, too.

I'd quit all drugs.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinecb9fl
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: Society]
    #3879739 - 03/06/05 10:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't done any hard drugs on at least six months. No psychedelics in at least a year. Marijuana occasionally but this feeling is independent of that as it comes and goes seemingly randomly but definitely not linked to the times I use marijuana.

I wouldn't describe my vision as staticy. It's very hard to describe properly. I feel that my eyes are processing everything properly but my brain fails to interpret all of it. Like when I read I have to read really slow or go back over parts because my brain just stops processing the words and starts to wonder. Normally when reading a book I can start to visualize what I'm reading and I completely forget I'm reading as the words turn into moving images in my head. When I get this cloudy feeling I completely lose that ability and as I already said I have a hard to processing what I read.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3879761 - 03/06/05 10:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Time for a change.

Push your physical body to the limit tomorrow and immediately go out for a jog when you wakeup.

When you return, grab a shower and drink bottled water - lots of it.

Eat two hours later than you would otherwise want to. Let your hunger wake you up inside.

Do everything slightly different than you normally would. No soda. No caffeine. No alcohol. No cannabis. Water and healthy food only.

Avoid negative thinking.
Avoid dreamy thinking.

Pick one thought at a time if you must think intentionally. Focus.

Keep busy and keep it fast enough to not get locked up.

Report back.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Re: Cloudy thought [Re: World Spirit]
    #3879784 - 03/06/05 10:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Good post, but...
Quote:

drink bottled water - lots of it.

Why bottled water?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinecb9fl
    #3879804 - 03/06/05 10:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm really starting to think I need psychedelics to "awaken" myself. In the past whenever I've used psychedelics (mj not included) everything has seemed brighter and clearer the next day.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #3879917 - 03/06/05 11:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Because tap water sucks. =)

I feel exactly like you. Sometimes I will be on it and I feel good, other times I'm out of it. I don't necessarily feel bad when I'm out of it, either, but there's definitely a correlation between the two.

I don't really know why it happens, but for me it has something to do with my level of activity. Going for a jog or even a walk can, atleast temporarily, get me out of that robot-like, braindead state. Diet also has something to do with it. When I eat a high powered lunch like potatoes and eggs, it will charge me up later in the day. I noticed this effect even more when I got a jamba juice with a vitamin booster the other day. I was on one all day.

So.. overall just try to stay active and eat right. It will help you to stay alert and feeling good throughout the day. And look into meditation. I don't meditate myself, but I'm planning on getting into it. From what I've read, it seems like meditating would help you focus better.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3880055 - 03/06/05 11:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Tap water is good if you have a well.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3880136 - 03/06/05 11:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Precisely. If you have a good well of fresh water then you're fine. If you're drinking chlorinated, polluted city water from a tap you're in trouble. Bottled, spring water is good.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #3881052 - 03/07/05 02:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm feeling the same thing. Gonna start drinking bottled water tomorrow... man this means no fountain drinks either. oh well, it will be worth it.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3881148 - 03/07/05 03:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd like to highly recommend NOT choosing Nestle brand Spring Water, it plainly sucks.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: kake]
    #3883257 - 03/07/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like Zephyrhills and Dasani and grocery store brand including 365 Days from Whole Foods Mkt.

OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
    #3884341 - 03/07/05 10:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dasani has always been good for me. I used to drink Refresh, the general Safeway brand, until one night it froze, and I brought it inside. When it thawed, it had a crap load of sediment in it. I figured it was probably minerals or something that they added, but it still kind of turned me off to it.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Re: Cloudy thought [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3886237 - 03/08/05 08:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm still wondering what's so wrong with drinking tap water. Any long term negative effects?

(Sorry to be off-topic).

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Edited by SocietyRejects (03/08/05 08:16 AM)

Offlinecb9fl
    #3886247 - 03/08/05 08:21 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Some people are adamant that fluoridated tap water is bad for you. I believe some people also believe there is a health threatening parasite that lives in the water.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Cloudy thought [Re: kake]
    #3887938 - 03/08/05 05:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Nestle ...the chocolate company?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
    #3887988 - 03/08/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Isnt Dasani tap water from the Coca Cola company? I heard it was electrofied tap water or something......?

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3888301 - 03/08/05 06:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here's an article I just found on Dasani water. It is indeed Coca-Cola corp's version of bottlted water: Tap water though.

I did not know this til now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3523303.stm

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3888306 - 03/08/05 06:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3895636 - 03/10/05 12:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Woo. I feel this thread is important to any reader. I've been feeling so zombified the past few weeks, and it only gets worse. I haven't been getting my exercise, and it's really very responsible for my cloudy head. I eat pretty healthy, take vitamins, don't drink, don't do any drugs. But I used to be a syrup chugger, and that stays with you throughout your life. Exercise! It does soooo much for your brain! My symptoms of stupidity are just about wiped out when I am getting exercise: running and lifting. When I skip the workouts, my whole brain just falls to shit. Working the body helps the mind out so much, it's the truth! I just jogged and lifted today for the first time in a little while and I feel much better.

one more thing - about bottled water. "Natural Spring Water" has LOOSER regulations on its cleanliness than tap water does! Buy purified water like dasani or aquafina, rather than the shit they try to trick you into thinking is good, like everything that says spring water: poland spring, evian, pathmark, shoprite, your uterus water, etc.. I learned this in college, so OBEY ME, SUCKAS!

Edited by RedNukleus (03/10/05 12:55 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being