Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

thought crossed my mind
    #385544 - 09/04/01 02:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Today I just went to the bank, and on the way back I stopped for a moment and just had this one thought that for some reason seems to make sense:

"Acid lies, but shrooms tell the truth."

It just came to my head and right now I can't figure out why but it just seems so ... right

any thoughts on this, um, odd "discovery"?

We're all MADD here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: HB]
    #385632 - 09/04/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I can't really say that acid lies (I haven't done it yet...) but I'm pretty sure I know what you mean about shrooms telling the truth.

Every time I'm on shrooms I feel that everything I "discover" is the absolute truth. I may notice that a tree is a certain color, and that's the truth. A friend might say something to me and I just know that what he/she says is true.

Of course, once I'm back at baseline most of the "true" things turn out to be completely meaningless and insane.

-----------------------
"Our culture's defined by the ones least defined..." -- The Offspring

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #385706 - 09/04/01 06:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> any thoughts on this, um, odd "discovery"?

Sounds like your another one of those people who believes that because something is found in nature that it is inherently better than a (semi)synthetic chemical.

How can a chemical lie? How can a chemical tell the truth?

To be honest, I think your insight is stupid. Definately not the product of critical thinking.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: trendal]
    #385707 - 09/04/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> I may notice that a tree is a certain color, and that's the truth.

But a colour is just a product of the way we perceive electromagnetic radiation.

Anonymous

#386153 - 09/05/01 07:21 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've experienced a lot of "truths" on acid, but it has it's dark side. It has told me lies... It all goes back to your own mind though, cause that's where it 'usually' comes from.

Deep in the vortex I rest... clueless to time, for madness has its own circle.

Anonymous

Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: Kid]
    #386157 - 09/05/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

in reply to the comment...
/"Definately not the product of critical thinking."

all thinking is critical... think about it.
so basically, I think your comment is stupid. and thanks for clearing up the color reference, but definately the product of somebody else's critical thinking.

Offlinemountainbiker
Stranger
    #386161 - 09/05/01 07:41 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

>> I may notice that a tree is a certain color, and that's the truth.

>But a colour is just a product of the way we perceive electromagnetic radiation.

And your point is?

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: mountainbiker]
    #386181 - 09/05/01 09:02 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

>>> I may notice that a tree is a certain color, and that's the truth.

>>But a colour is just a product of the way we perceive electromagnetic radiation.

>And your point is?

He's saying that a perception is the Truth. If perception = Truth then why does perception under the influence of LSD not equal the Truth but perception while on mushrooms = Truth? He's discriminating against LSD.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: Anonymous]
    #386183 - 09/05/01 09:05 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> all thinking is critical... think about it.

So, psychotics and schizophrenics are adept critical thinkers?

> and thanks for clearing up the color reference, but definately the product of somebody else's critical thinking.

But if all thinking is critical, like you just said, then wasn't my recalling it a result of my own critical thinking?

Thanks for contradicting yourself. You're not thinking too clearly are you?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#386198 - 09/05/01 09:35 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What are you trying to say here, Kid?

Of course I know that colour is perception. I wasn't saying that my perceptions are the absolute truth. I was saying that while under the influence of mushrooms certain things feel like absolute truths. It's a drug. It does funny things to my brain, see?

-----------------------

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Anonymous

#386200 - 09/05/01 09:37 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I never think clearly, I always contradict myself, and yes...
psychotics and schizophrenics are adept critical thinkers, in their own right, just like you me and everyone else... all in our own right.

/"But if all thinking is critical, like you just said, then wasn't my recalling it a result of my own critical thinking? "

Maybe so, but his thought and your thought have one HUGE variation. You are recalling something (which I appreciated and agreed with) his thought came purly from his own source.

The only reason I said anything to you was because you said his insight was stupid. At least he had an insight and not a recite. And maybe it seemed stupid to you, maybe it didn't make since to you, maybe it still doesn't to him. But a creative thought is a starting point for developing any theory. So, since you can't seem to have your own insight, let someone else figure it out - at which point we will let you know, so you can then then go and recite it on a message board, call a few people stupid, and we can all carry on.

His comment was quite vague... which left room for a broader range of thought. (for me at least, you - the great critical thinker - seemed to put it to sleep fairly quick)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#386212 - 09/05/01 09:54 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think the stumbling block here is that some of you seem to be taking his insight too literally.

Of course a drug can lie to you. If I'm completely smashed on 10 hits of acid and I see walls melting...well I know that the walls aren't melting. So there's a "lie" that I was told by acid.

I think what he was trying to say is that the insights you get on acid tend to feel like lies where as the insights you get on mushrooms tend to feel more truthful.

-----------------------

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: thought crossed my mind [Re: trendal]
    #386409 - 09/05/01 04:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

trendal you hit it exactly on the dot -- that is exactly what i was saying

Kid -- you take it way too literally, and no, I don't discriminate against acid. I loved it more than any other drug, and if it came this way again I wouldn't hesitate to stick it in my mouth.

It just does feel like all the things I think about on acid are all false, but on shrooms things feel true, or in some cases, too true (don't know if that makes sense). But acid, to me, is more of a fun drug, and shrooms are more for discovery. On acid I make many discoveries, though almost all of them are completely wrong (utter confusion). On shrooms I tend to find everything in my life that is bothering me and confront it, but truthful problems and discoveries, not fake ones. On acid, my thoughts tend to be "And, yeah, the blue grass IS RED but in the other sense, you know!" -- and that makes sense on acid, but it really means nothing. On shrooms, my thoughts tend to be like "Boy I fucked up today at work." -- and it turns out to be true. Is any of this making sense ...?

We're all MADD here...

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #386608 - 09/05/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> you take it way too literally

Then I'm not sure what your insight is supposed to convey, considering it only has one basic idea behind it: comparing LSD and mushrooms.

> It just does feel like all the things I think about on acid are all false, but on shrooms things feel true

I got that idea from your insight.

> But acid, to me, is more of a fun drug, and shrooms are more for discovery.

Fine, that's your personal take.
Another Mushroom Monk, playing holier than thou over the Acid Gurus. When will this "drugs (but only "the right" drug[s]) make me smart and spiritual" shit stop?

> and that makes sense on acid, but it really means nothing.

If it makes sense while on acid then it means something; whether or not it means anything to you sober, is up to you.

> Is any of this making sense ...?

Yep, but not to the point of making a general statement as ridiculous as "acid lies but shrooms tell the truth."

Think of the flack I'd get if I said, "DXM tells the truth, but sobriety lies." I hope that illustrates the way I view your "insight".

Edited by Kid on 09/05/01 11:01 PM.

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
grrr [Re: Kid]
    #386638 - 09/05/01 10:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Acid is my favorite of all psychedelics.
Just my opinion.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: grrr [Re: ]
    #386684 - 09/05/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

ok again people are misinterpreting me --

i never said that because shrooms are natural that they are better in any way. in fact I really don't like them half as much as acid. I LOVE ACID.

PERSONALLY i find shrooms to be too involved in my emotions and to just trip me out depending on my life situation. however, when it comes to full-eighth doses, i get too confused to figure anything out.

PERSONALLY i find acid to be more "recreational", if you will, just because it deals less with my life and more with my enjoyment. i feel happier in general on acid, and I get thoughts which may make sense on acid but mean nothing to me sober. on shrooms i get thoughts that are MOSTLY true and DO make sense, even after when I'm sober.

to eliminate all the endless flames, YMMV

again Your Milage May Vary

as to the DXM reference, you and I both know I hate DXM with all my heart. But that is just me. I know you enjoy it and get a lot out of it. I will respect that, if you respect my beliefs.

and i never said anything about spiritual discovery, i don't get anything spiritual out of any drug (except E, which gives me good inspiration to do work and get the grades, oddly enough).

i can't even believe i'm arguing about a thought i had days ago lol anyway, this isn't a flame i'm just trying to get my point across that what I said isn't a fact in any way, shape or form, but rather it is a personal belief that flew into my head based on past experiences with these drugs. I'm not pulling all of this out of thin air, this has been MY experience, my trip. Everybody grooves on different trips.

PLUR

Kid I respect you a lot. Listen to what somebody has to say, and if you think it is smart, groove on it. If you don't agree with it, then don't attack. Explain your thoughts in a more peaceful manner--we don't need more anger and frustration in our already hectic lives. Peace, man.

We're all MADD here...

Edited by HeavenlybluE3113 on 09/06/01 01:58 AM.

Anonymous

Re: grrr [Re: HB]
    #386688 - 09/05/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
    #386737 - 09/06/01 12:48 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think that I see where Blue is comming from..the way I precieve it is that both substances will eventually tell you the truth. Acid does have more of an evil connotation to it, but I feel that you can learn from it in some cases. i feel that shrooms provide your mind with a more comfortable reality to experience thought. I prefer to use shrooms over acid, but that doesn't mean that I believe it is better, but that I believe it is better for me...take care

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: grrr [Re: HB]
    #386882 - 09/06/01 07:35 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, then it has to do with YOUR approach to taking the chemicals and the way your psyche responds to taking the chemicals with such an approach.

Anonymous

symetrics [Re: HB]
    #386994 - 09/06/01 11:06 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

HeavenlybluE, i love you.
What's with the 3113, because oddly enough... I'm 1331! Suppose there is a connection?
(dis-regard the love statement while supposing)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies