Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Straw (bags/bales)
    #3845677 -

Hello. I am trying to locate either small (or large) straw bales, or cut straw in bags. The roadside store I used to buy my straw at it closed for the season. I have seen it said here Michaels the craft store selld it, but I called a few, and they told me they sold only hay balls and bags of raffi. Are they incorrect, should most Michaels have straw (they are a chain, the stores should have the same stock, no?)Is there any other store I could find straw now? (walmart doesnt have it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: manto2]
    #3845680 -

Never tried Michaels myself, but I do know that feed stores carry straw. Are there any in your area?

If you don't mind paying the shipping, Mycosupply also carries mini bales of shredded straw, found here:

http://www.mycosupply.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=MSWS01


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: manto2]
    #3845729 -

I have seen small straw bales at michaels, avoid timothy hay and raffia, neither
is well suited, the straw may be a seasonal item for fall though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: manto2]
    #3845734 -

manto2 said:
(they are a chain, the stores should have the same stock, no?)Is there any other store I could find straw now? (walmart doesnt have it).



Most chains have managers pick stock.  Locals know what locals buy best.  You could always talk to the manager about getting some if you can think of some excuse to use it for.

Sorry I can't help with the straw other than what I'm sure you've found using search.  :heart: :cool: :mushroom2:


--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: Tantalus]
    #3845806 -

Tantalus said:
manto2 said:
(they are a chain, the stores should have the same stock, no?)Is there any other store I could find straw now? (walmart doesnt have it).



Most chains have managers pick stock.



Actualy they have corporate buyers, people that decide what all the stores in a
region will carry, I have issues with the corporate buyer system because I find
it impossible to dress myself in most chain stores, pants sizes stop at boys
in a couple sizes smaller than I am and pick up in mens a few sizes larger, I
have frequently addressed the issue of not wanting to look like a wigger with
many of these buyers through the corporate relations department

Management in these chain stores simply place orders to replenish sold inventory

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3846109 -

Walmart only carries them as a seasonal item. I to am searching for the small bails. Easy and convenient. I got some at walmart at the end of the season but have yet to find more. I also am going to run to the christmas tree shop an a few other places today. I'll let you know if I see any out.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3846289 -

I found small bales of straw at jo-ann fabrics in my town see if there is one in your area.


--------------------
Everything in my posts are a figment of your imagination. Its all fake so lay off the mushies you're seeing things that are not there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: godfann1]
    #3846304 -

Theres one near me and I wouldnt have thought to check fabric stores. Thanks!


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3846325 -

I don't know about other stores, but I know for fact that walmart managers pick stock.

Actually that's probably the exception not the rule, I read that as one of their advantages in a business mag.


--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3846392 -

No prob i didnt think about it at first either. Then i remembered that someone said they carry craft stuff too. I hope the one near you does. I got 2 bales for about $10 and i think they were like 6x6x12


--------------------
Everything in my posts are a figment of your imagination. Its all fake so lay off the mushies you're seeing things that are not there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- [Re: godfann1]
    #3846440 -

-


--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: godfann1]
    #3846444 -

i saw them at michaels and it was like 3 bucks for a little tinny amount so i decided to wait.  a few days later i was driving down the road and saw about 30 bails linning an empty lot.  so i came back with plans of takeing one. haha ya right these things were like 4 feet by 2x2  and it was snowing and raining for the past week so they were waterloged. i just snipped the wires on em and filled up a box :smile: free straw for me :smile: pluss it already had water content as i was going to pasturise that night worked out perfectly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3846449 -

most pet stores should have it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- [Re: Arp]
    #3846456 -

-


--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3846484 -

hay will be a bit thinner, and if you bust open the center of the bail or in a lil bit it will be green. straw will be gold clear threw and a little thicker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3846506 -

-


--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3846513 -

ya i also noticed there wre little leave things in the hay barrel. i mean it wasnt very deap at all i just pulled a layer open and was like this doesnt look right. from the outside it looked almost identical(imean im no farmer or anything) sense it was dryed to the color of straw. but apun opening it up a bit i realised it was green and that was not right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3846532 -

The color could just depend on the age.

I've seen living grass grow from the huge circular hay bails.


--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3846544 -

-


--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Straw (bags/bales) [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3846589 -

Straw is just stalks of grain, it is simpler than hay which is composed of straw, grass and other goodies to feed livestock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Straw bags wont colonize 100% (after 5 weeks!) felonious 678 1 07/09/03 11:51 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet cnidarium 933 6 04/05/03 09:06 PM
by Oscuro_lobo
* Free Straw!!! Vertigo 445 1 10/23/03 05:46 PM
by TrippinSpinners
* Hay/Straw? MycoCat 953 8 09/12/04 01:12 PM
by MycoCat
* Has anyone ever used reynolds oven bags for spawn bags? spliffmasta 7,382 10 11/10/04 04:58 PM
by scatmanrav
* couldn't find straw, so I got hay... will hay work?
( 1 2 all )
LateForTheFuture 4,106 25 01/05/04 01:14 AM
by ExtravagantDream
* the straw myco bags
( 1 2 all )
JameZTheNewbie 5,356 29 05/08/03 04:01 PM
by Roadkill
* best way to introduce cake to straw/grass in this case Vel 770 2 06/11/03 12:49 AM
by fungus888

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,816 topic views. 16 members, 215 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.