Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...?
    #3835472 - 02/26/05 12:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...?

:idea:  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  :eyeball::eyeball:  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  :idea:

And I say that YOU, cannot see light....  You SIMPLY CANNOT.... 
And I would ask that you PROOVE it to me and ALL Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt if YOU think otherwise....  :ooo:
Would you like to place a little wager on it....?    :smirk:

You can however see a light's source, and you can see what light is shining on and reflecting off of, but you CANNOT see the light in the "space" or "air" in between the light source and what it is shining on....  So, you can't see light, you only see it's effects, and feel it's warmth....  Pretty crazy that I have never thought of it like that before....  So WE ALL have forced ourselves to believe in something that we cannot see....  Ironic isn't it....? 

Let us dive DEEPER into the things that we CANNOT see, but we have "forced" ourselves to "Believe" in....  Is it trickery...?    :tongue:

Explanation of thought....:
Something that was said to me today that seemed somewhat profound: 

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

We were at first talking about "The Glass is Half Full", to which I said that the glass is ALWAYS full, it is just half full of air....  To which he agreed, and said the quote above....  Of course my mind quickly raced in profoundity to recognize all of the things one CANNOT see that ARE the most important in life....  I started naming off emotions immediately starting with Love, Faith, etc. etc....  After I paused in thought, he said, "Don't forget about Air and Water...."    Then one of us mentioned Gravity and Space - A most powerful force, and the biggest void known to man.... 

Then we both revisited Air and Water for discussion....  Air and Water both sustain life, and are indeed VERY important to anything's survival in the physical world....  How profound....  And you may be thinking, "I CAN see water....!"    But, submerse yourself underwater in a "crystal clear" pool for a moment and you will NOT see the water at all....    You WILL see the edges of the pool, and if you look up, you will see the surface or edge of the water, but you will NOT see water itself....  I thought that to be pretty profound in itself.... 

Our discussion ended pretty soon after, and he went home....  And I was left to my thoughts....  And in my thought I focused on the fact of Air and Water both sustaining life....  To which I thought, if only you could not see Light....  As it is the combinations of these three things that allow life to this planet....  ----Just thinking now, HEAT or TEMPURATURE in general is also one of those things that one cannot see that allows life to flourish on this planet....    To me, this is very profound.... 

I am sitting here and thinking of some more things that you cannot see that are also very important to LIFE as we know it.... 
Like for instance....:

The SOUNDS of MELODIES and HARMONIES contained within MUSIC....  :jammingout:
The LANGUAGES created by man for COMMUNICATION....  :lipsrsealed:  :cussing:
The SMELL of a flower in the spring air, or the SCENT of a WONDERFUL woman.... :yesnod:  :tongue:
The TASTE of a juicey fresh strawberry....  MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
The TEMPURATURE of a NICE sunny SPRING day....    :sun:
The ELECTRICITY running thru the wires of your home to POWER your lights and such....  :gd_icon:
The "1's" and "0's", or SIGNALS running throughout the DIGITAL DOMAIN....  1000011010111100101
The EMOTIONS or states of CONSCIOUSNESS within one's SELF....    :zoom:
The FEELINGS or SENSES that one is able to EXPERIENCE like PLEASURE or PAIN....  :whip:
The WIND blowing on your face created by the motion of AIR....
The LAUGHTER, Does anyone remember laughter....?  :wink:    :smirk:  :grin:  :lol:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
The SHOCK WAVE of an earthquake as it shifts our LIVES on this planet....  :scrambled:
The GRAVITATIONAL FORCE that keeps us all "grounded"....  :grin:
The UNDERSTANDING you get from one's family or friends....  :peace:
The CHOICES we are able to make when forced to make a DECISION....  :thumbdown: :thumbup: :shake: :yesnod:
The INTELLIGENCE, THOUGHT, or WISDOM one attains thru life....  :playboy:  OOoooooooopps...!  :blush:  Read the pictures...?  <<<EHEM>>>
The MOODS one "projects" from one's self to others....
The RIGHTS and FREEDOM most of us are able to ENJOY....  :rockets:
The COSMOS or OUTER-SPACE that the Starship Enterpise has BOLDly gone....  :lol:
The CREATIVENESS that a person is able to CREATE from....  :slider:
The BET you make while you are gambling.... 
The DREAMS that one "sees" that no one else can see while ASLEEP....  :sleep: :sleeping:
The STATES of CONSCIOUSNESS one experiences while under a psychoactive....  :shroomer: :hypno:
The LIFE contained within a seed WAITING to sprout and grow....
The PROMISE you OFFER as your WORD of HONOR and RESPECT....  :thumbup:
The MEANING you find in THOUGHT about a subject....
The INVISIBLE STUFF listed that I have sat HERE and REALIZED/RECOGNIZED....  :eyemouth:
The HUMOR one tries to make other's UNDERSTAND and find FUNNY....  :tongue:  :tongue2:
The SPIRIT or TRADITION that a group of people has....  :eyemouth:
The PERCEPTION one gets while someone EXPLAINS themself....  :shrug:
The Micro-Waves in your Microwave oven, or even X-RAYS....  :microwave: :eyemouth:
The MORALS instilled within, or even the MORAL of a group of people....  :smile:  :laugh:
The ANSWER to a QUESTION....
The STATES of BEING one enters like; being ENTERTAINED, FOCUSING, DYING and AWARENESS....  :tripping:  :confused:
The RELIGIONS of people's FAITH, and how they WORSHIP or PRAY....
The AIR, WATER, and LIGHT that were MENTIONED before....  :sun:
The last (but not least) that I can THINK of right at the MOMENT, is **TIME** itself....

How profound is TIME....!!!???  Ya can't see it, but it "FLYS"....?  Hhhhmmmm....  Does TIME fly in the AIR....?????   
Am I to BELIEVE THIS "flying" time B.S....????  :smirk:

OH wait, hold the time....  What about TRUTH...........  :eek:  And I guess there would be an unhonorable mention for LIES as well....

So I sit here thinking DAMN, that is a pretty big list of things that I cannot see, but I DO believe in them....  And I had no clue that this list would grow to be this big....!    :eek:  Heck, I didn't even list out the MANY different emotions one can experience - to which I was first drawn by thought at the initial idea...!  Because of all this, I will add one more to the list just to complete it....  The icing on the cake.... 

The GOD that created all of the things on the list above....

In my journey to find solid "logical" proof that a God DOES or DOES NOT exist, I have come up with some neat questions and realizations, (neat to me anyway, earth shattering at times :eek:)....  Some of my ideas have been wrong, but they have seemingly brought me down different paths to finding truth....    I didn't think for a moment that this list would end up as long as it got....  Utter Profoundity....  For what would life be WITHOUT all of the things you cannot see....????  Well, there would be NO LIFE, and it wouldn't even matter if there was a list at all....  So, is this the *SOLID PROOF* that would make me BELIEVE....?    How could I have been so blind not to see....  Would there even be a list, or LIFE at all WITHOUT a GOD....?  HHhhhmmmm.... 

I do know that I cannot "see the light", but I can see how bright it makes things, and warm it makes me FEEL inside now that I have accepted the light....  :sun:

And the beautiful profoundity that started this WHOLE thing tonight for me - as I had no idea it would be the end of a long search....    So, just one more time....

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

I AM....
(GOD)

I will never be alone now,
and now I know....  :smile: :heartpump: :eyemouth:
And I can finally stop KILLING my hands with all this freakin' typing...!  :lol:
Literally....!  :shocked:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3835539 - 02/26/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:eyemouth: :smile:  <=====  I think I am being followed....!    :lol:

Kinda~ like the shadows behind my back are all brought to light....  Aahhh, how do I explain all this withought sounding corny.....?    :lol:    :rotfl:

No matters, TIZzzzzz~ all goood....    :grin:

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if YOU Could Not See It...? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3835646 - 02/26/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It wasn't real "cosmic" or nothing, but what if I said that I had a vision....?    It was actually more like an experience, but I will say vision....  It was like an enactment of an earlier discussion I had with my best friend while at work....   

Using a stick on a beach, and marking a long arc in the sand....    Sparkling sand, setting sun, long shadows cast across the markings - it made every little bump look like miniature mountains,  the sand sparkled in perfect imperfection, colors were all orange/brown - Actually, like the colors in SinBad's signature....!    LoL    Anyway, as I was not alone in my vision, as I have not felt alone for a few hours now, but I only sense that someone is there, no face :frown: but he is there....  A stick draws across the top of the sand, and makes the opposing arc to make the little fish symbol.... 

I feel like my best friend is here with me one that I have ALWAYS known, one that has always been there....  I don't know how else to put it into words....  :shrug:    It's just a feeling, and I guess feelings are not something you convey thru explanation, much less TEXT....!!!    :lol:

WELL, My hands really do hurt from typing so much, so I am gonna~ say I am lurking, just don't wanna~ type any more....    :smile:

:sun:

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3835649 - 02/26/05 01:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that was a very good post, very very good read.  :thumbup:

it was like eye candy to me, reading all that, you have a gift phantomcat, a very beautiful gift, i see it in your post, all your post in fact, i love it.

i wish i could comment something smart and contribute more to the thread, but that's all i got. :grin:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: JCoke]
    #3835665 - 02/26/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:smile:

I am just finally happy to KNOW that I have nothing more to proove to myself....  It is done....    FINALLY, there is no going "back"....    No way....  DUuuuuuhhh....!    :lol:

:heart:

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3835696 - 02/26/05 01:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

And since Paul will be reading this later, I must thank you deeply, from my heart.... 
You told me what I needed to know for me to find out what I needed to find for myself....   
I got one hell of a hug waiting for you, eeerrrrr, I mean <COUGH> ::::He said in a MANLY way::::   

Whatcha~ dewin~ for lunch....?

:lol:  :rotfl:

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3835709 - 02/26/05 01:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ironic that I would put myself thru such a physical hell just to "open my eyes".....    :shrug:

No more suffering, no more pain....  No more typing 

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3835718 - 02/26/05 02:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh, what about magnets? invisable positive/negative force's pushing away from each other...

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3835727 - 02/26/05 02:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah, if ya~ think of more stuff for the list, bring em' on up to the window.....    :smile:   
There has got to be more than what I could think of while I was typing all that....

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3835742 - 02/26/05 02:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oregon vortex

never been there myself, seen it on tv several times, that's some mystirous shit you might be interested in...

balls that when you roll them down hill, they stop, and roll up hill back towards you, brooms that stand up right not resting on anything stand for days, shrinking/enlarging people (depending on where you stand), crazy shit.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3835761 - 02/26/05 02:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ohhh, if only places like that were real....  :wink:

They are fun....   

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3835762 - 02/26/05 02:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm "in the dark" on this one.

Please "enlighten" me. :smile:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: Jellric]
    #3835781 - 02/26/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Honestly, I don't think there is a way for anyone to "enlighten" anyone else, ya~ kinda~ just dew~ it, and it just kinda~ happens....    :shrug:  I can say that there was a lot of laughing and smiles....  If someone were here just observing me, they would think I was a fool....    :lol:

I can say this....   
I KNOW, without doubt, that I would never, nor could never become un-enlightened....   
It doesn't even seem a choice....    I suppose it is, but why wouldya~ wanna~ walk away from a friend...?  :shrug:

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3835832 - 02/26/05 04:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Finally, the pain of my elbows, hands, fingers, and fingertips from writing and typing all of this crap, and asking all of the questions, it can all rest and heal.....  ( I don't "type" the way you are supposed to - the hunt and peck method speeded up a lil....)
I miss playing my guitar....    :frown:
I hope my fingers go back to the way they were....    :confused:    :frown:

I am actually curious to see if my guitar playing is going to change...?
HHHhhhhmmmmmmm.....
Time will tell....  :smile:

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3835910 - 02/26/05 05:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Slow down, you may be thinking too much? The light which you speak of maybe the light from the flame that burns the moth.

Excitement is the enemy of pure joy. Getting cuaght up in the illusory aspects of this world (internal and external) brings no benefit.

Logic can never prove God. Beliefs will never let you experience him, Observe your mind to go beyond concept, that is where God rests.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: Sinbad]
    #3835915 - 02/26/05 05:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think it was more acceptance than belief....    Now that I have accepted, I do believe....    :sun:

Edit:
SinBad,  The colors in your signature picture are close to what I saw in my vision, and I thank you for letting people see what I meant....  :grin:

Edited by PhanTomCat (02/26/05 06:05 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3835920 - 02/26/05 06:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wow! this is cool, either i made a post like this, or i dreamy it. so cool finding this..

we ca not see light, we see darkness. reason i though of this, is we can mot see, 'an entire thing', at once, we just can not, there is always an angle we are not seeing it from, however,.. darkness's we can see.. as a Whole? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3835924 - 02/26/05 06:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When you know God their will be no longer any need for belief. Until you know God, consider yourself a beginner.

In beginners mind there are many possibilities,in experts mind, there are very few.

Acceptance of a belief is still a form of conditioning based on conecpts.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3835926 - 02/26/05 06:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"When you know God, know thyself."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you "BELIEVE" in Light if You Could Not See It...? [Re: Gomp]
    #3835930 - 02/26/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps we all made this post, perhaps it is inside all of us....?    The collective sum of consciousness in frequency somehow....?  I dunno~.....    :shrug:    From my perception, it was more of a realization, and a confirmation as it seems entirely to coincidental to just happen in one forward unplanned motion....  Depends on how you perceive it I guess....  If we are all of one, and you are I, as I am you, then the shadows can be lifted as they were for me....    The darkness is still their just as the light, they seem to hide within each other as an excuse or riddle of empty promise....    Just waiting to pounce....!   

BOOOOOO.....!!!!    :grin:

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale