Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA Flag
mycobags
    #3756406 - 02/09/05 04:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i am thinking about ordering some mycobags, as supplies for the pf tek are impossible to find in my area this time of year. on average, how much would you say they yield dry weight( small grain bags)? after the first flush should i remove the cake from the bag and place in a terrium, would this increase yeilds at all because of more room to grow?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: mycobags [Re: SamhainJ]
    #3756499 - 02/09/05 04:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i found that fruiting them in the bag is not too good. there is too much co2 build up and not much room gor them to grow(they grew real tiny and skiny...very disappointing). also misting it ion the bag is a problem. i just took out the colonized cake an put it in a fruiting chamber. dunking and rolling helped too. i think contams r not such an issue once colonized, so taking it out of the bag is safe. i didnt have any contams anyway. the yeild was ridiculously large, especially compared to brf cakes. but im just a newb so see what more experienced members say.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: mycobags [Re: SamhainJ]
    #3756500 - 02/09/05 04:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bags aren't for making cakes they are used for spawn/ substrate for making a casing.

I would guess it would all fall apart if you took it out of the bag.

If you are a noobie I would just dumb your colonized substrate into a bowl, pack it down nicely and cover with a half inch layer of verm to make a simple casing.

Edited by kronnyQ (02/09/05 04:48 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: mycobags [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3756516 - 02/09/05 04:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well they naturally colonized into square cakes for me. they came out of the bag real easy and were very sturdy in handling. i treated them as cakes and they yielded way much more than a brf cake. from a brf cake i might get 1/8, from a mycobag cake i'ld get almost an ounce. i tried breaking one up and casing it but that proved dismal for me....but im just a newb so probably need to learn more to do that successful.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycobags [Re: Shnezbit]
    #3756825 - 02/09/05 05:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
i found that fruiting them in the bag is not too good. there is too much co2 build up and not much room gor them to grow(they grew real tiny and skiny...very disappointing).

that has not been a problem I've had... soem of my largest fruits were from a bag

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: mycobags [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4435953 - 07/22/05 12:32 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Pris, any problems with the substrate drying out before colonization has finished? I always use mycobags, but recently the heat has been something else around here, and I have a few bags that look as if they are dry. I was thinking about injecting some sterile water, but not sure if I should wait longer. The bottom of the bag is one solid white chunk after 7 days.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
Re: mycobags [Re: Jim]
    #4436094 - 07/22/05 01:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting some wetspot in an older bag of mine.  :sad: (The others got teh green). 

So we are perfecting LC inoculation for a couple of quarts of wet grain per bag, we're working at 10 or 12ccs LC fluid.  These bitches better show something.  :laugh: 

Anyway, just to add.  Pooluck, so far, with bags.  I'm thinking a large inoculant volume is key for bags so they colonize quickly?  There's a decent amount of grain there.  Too much area for contams to set in if you only add a bit of spores/LC.

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: mycobags [Re: Bobo]
    #4436133 - 07/22/05 01:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I hate mycobags!! I Thought they were good. Now I know what they say really means. "the longer it takes to colonize, the more Chance of contam." if you get a bag expect to wait a long time, even when crumbling it, and if you do crumble it more then twice expect to almost kill you myc. lol my myc never came back after 2 crumbles. It was doing so good to!

trust me dude make your own pf tek jars. it is VERY simple. Hell to save time and money, and show you how to make your own.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: mycobags [Re: Bobo]
    #4437306 - 07/22/05 10:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I used an extremely dark syringe, 5cc of it and the bag showed growth in 2 days.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation