Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomer17
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics
    #8659724 - 07/20/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everyone

These are some PF jars i started recently using some spores from a non-vendor.  They're labelled as Costa Ricans and have been growing like crazy!  However, I think the water content of my jars got messed up (didn't put foil under the lid ring) and I think i have some wetspot colonizing.  I've been incubating them under too high temps, too, so I got rid of the incubator and am just letting them colonize at room temperature now.  THey seemed to be slowly overgrowing the wetspot, but now one of the jars is pinning!  What should I do?  I was planning to dunk & roll before placing in the FC.. should I do that now?  Should I avoid dunking and just roll them and place in the FC now?  Should I wait for them to overgrow the wetspot?  Should I toss them (nnooooo!)?

What do you guys think?  Thanks!

Pins:

Same jar, wetspot?:

Im thinking this is just verm that wasn't coated with BRF:

Possible wetspot:

Closer:

Another look at the same spot:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics [Re: shroomer17]
    #8659905 - 07/20/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Foil doesn't go under the lid ring, it goes OVER everything, (last thing to go on). Agreed, you don't need the incubator.

It looks as though the verm that is not colonized is just plain verm as you stated. I would begin fruiting. I believe that you are doing fine. Not to worry. :thumbup:  :2cents:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

InvisibleechoesSG
Dancing Echoes
Male

Re: PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8660149 - 07/20/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this happened to me a few times

the "wet spots" are probably colonies of bacteria, remove the cake from jar and you'll smell it right away.

sometimes you gota toss the cake but yours don't look to bad, a good rinse should remove the gunk.

Offlinefunguy_84
Muncie IN
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muncie IN Flag
Re: PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics [Re: echoesSG]
    #8660234 - 07/20/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

how old are cakes and what is the temp?

--------------------
Why can't we not be sober?

Offlineshroomer17
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics [Re: funguy_84]
    #8660500 - 07/20/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say they're at least 2 weeks old... I forget exactly the day that I inoculated them.  I was incubating at high temps.. they fluctuated because I was keeping them in my attic which has A/C but sometimes can't keep up with the heat.  It would go into the 90's in the incubator during the day and go down to the low 70's at night.  I moved them yesterday to a cooler spot in the attic, close to the A/C and they've been in the low 70's all day.  I think the high temps were slowing colonization and promoting the wetspot.  I also removed all the foil lids from the jars to increase airflow during colonization.  I'm wondering if maybe the increased airflow is initiating pinning on the one cake..

I was talking with Diploid in #cultivation and after looking at the pics he advised me to wait a few days before birthing, maybe a week... I'm conflicted as to what to do.  Any more opinions?

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: PF Jar pinning before birthing, may not be 100% colonized, wetspot? Pics [Re: shroomer17]
    #8660855 - 07/20/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i had this exact same promblem just let them sit 2 more days and the mycel will beat out the area and colonize it like mine did i guess i mean they look exactly the same from the pics

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck