Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
moving to canada from the US
    #3751321 - 02/08/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone here done this? I really want to but when i started researching getting a visa it seemed very confusing. Can anyone simplify this for me? thanx

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: blaze2]
    #3751329 - 02/08/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We could have a big gay wedding to swap green cards. No funny stuff though.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3751341 - 02/08/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You know we don't have computers up here in Canada.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3751359 - 02/08/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

www.cic.gc.ca - Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Check out that site if you haven't already.

Do you have any specific questions? I'll see what I can dig up for ya.

PS: You will be expected to build your OWN igloo when you arrive. You will be provided with ONE and ONLY ONE pack dog for your sleigh. If you wish to have more you will have to purchase them.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3751362 - 02/08/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

...or running water.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #3751509 - 02/08/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the site I hadn't found that one yet. Ill take a look and get back to you with some more specific questions. Sorry about being so vague but its pretty confusing to me. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3751549 - 02/08/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I figure my best shot to be either "the skilled worker" permanent residence or the "provincial nominee" of the strategic oppurtunitities category. Ok so obviously i need a "skill". If i was to go to a trade school(NIT ITT Etc.) and get microsoft certified as in networkign or computer tech, or something like that, would that be good enough to get me into canada? And which way would i have the best chance of getting the visa? Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3755254 - 02/09/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

bump

can anyone help me out here?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3755268 - 02/09/05 09:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have any family here in Canada? That would certainly make immigration MUCH easier for you.

If not...I know that you CAN come and live in Canada for up to 6 months without a visa or anything like that. So I suppose you could come here first and try to get a job...but I've heard that it looks MUCH better on your part if you have a job offer BEFORE you move here. Shows that you will be a contributing part of the economy or some BS like that :smirk:

Here's another site I found with some info on work visas and such, looks like a good site:

http://www.immigration.ca

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: trendal]
    #3755505 - 02/09/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wait so i can just come up there for up to six months without a visa or anything? How come i havent seen that on a website at all?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3755528 - 02/09/05 10:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You won't be able to work without a visa, but you can stay here for up to six months if you have the cash to do so.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3755579 - 02/09/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh well i need a job up there so yea. Do you think being certified by a trade school to do networking would be good enough of a skill ot get me a visa? Or what about the techs who come out to you house adn fix your comp when its under warranty?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3755596 - 02/09/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well computer jobs are still in high demands in most areas of the country, especially in or near any large cities (anything over 200k people is "large"). I don't know exactly how much having a cert will help you with immigration, but I know that it CERTAINLY will not hurt. Definitely better than showing up without any papers to show off :wink:

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3755605 - 02/09/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

allright then ill try that i was going to do the trade school thing anyways i just wanted to make sure that the jobs i was looking at werent like all taken up there in canada. Peace and thanks for the help.

Blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3755651 - 02/09/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you will miss the Texas weather won't you! the River Walk I know I miss it... Its soo cold there. Yeah i know it's tooo hot here but its Texas you got love it. The place where everything is bigger then life! Have you really thought about it??

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #3755813 - 02/09/05 11:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Something I remembered reading a bit ago. Check it out...

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3302.html

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: aeonblue]
    #3756182 - 02/09/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Of course ill miss texas what i wont miss is the people. im tired of all the fucking republican red necks. I love texas(other than the heat), especially the hill country, but I'm ready for a change. Ive never been to Vancuver but its almost like im home sick for it. The forests and mountains right next to the ocean, and im tired of being paranoid about smoking some pot. America is going to hell, and i want to get out so i can have a front row seat, sit back, relax, and watch it fall apart.

Thanks for that website aeonblue. Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#3756192 - 02/09/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hey not all Texans are bad people! But I do understand about the wanting to be able to smoke whereevcr and when ever you want.. But dont go there thinking that All Texans suck ass because some of us are pretty cool.. like a lot of the younger generation

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: moving to canada from the US [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3756218 - 02/09/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

lol i dont mean all texans are suck ass but i live in a rural community adn most of hte people i see do suck. by the way what part of texas are u from?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#3756257 - 02/09/05 01:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dallas

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom