Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJon
its ironic
    #3710125 - 01/31/05 10:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Irony..... I found etched on my wall in the morning when I woke up. I couldnt remember the day before because I was high on cannabis and large dose of ambien. But I told my counselor that I will have moments of trying to remember something important that I keep forgetting. What she does not know is that those moments come on my nightime ambien trip fest. She also told me to write something down if I had a single word of that importance before it fades away.. So I guess mr yesterday did it his way. Of the things I could remember on that night was that I saw something on the internet and found something ironic and i had a feeling. Supposedly that was what I was supposed to remember. The word "remember" brings me chills to the bone for no givin reason. Im gonna try to find the irony in life and and use them in deep thinking. What is there in IRony that I need to know so much about. I am horribly depressed and I tend to journey into these secrets, which I expirament with jointing whatever word with my living. ex, "look over there thats ironic" so I keep walking paths to find other words, these words already being the mysteries of the world, words like spite,truth,remember. Ive gone crazy with this circle of insanity for years. Today its Irony, lets see how that comes out God, ive always gave you my love for your holy silences.Im motivated out of silence and I am the scum of the earth that could cerebrally revolutionize the world. Find beauty in whatever is so small. I typically described a night in my room and a morning in my room. Sorry for the imperitive babbling, I do need help in this angle now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: its ironic [Re: Jon]
    #3710306 - 01/31/05 11:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Irony

The irony is attempting to find answers by using a drug which makes you forget. Ambien is a sleeping pill, it's not useful as a psychedelic. Have you ever noticed that it's difficult to remember your dreams? You will have the same difficulty remembering the thoughts you have under the influence of ambien. This is the irony.

OfflineJon
Re: its ironic [Re: shroomydan]
    #3710380 - 01/31/05 11:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the problem is I dont dream

InvisibleASliceofPI
Re: its ironic [Re: Jon]
    #3710397 - 01/31/05 11:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

everyone dreams, you just dont remeber your dreams

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: its ironic [Re: ASliceofPI]
    #3710779 - 02/01/05 12:43 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

can anyone point us to an agreed-upon definition of the word 'irony'? the moer I try to define it for myself, the more slippery it gets. like trying to drive a nail into a wet lemon. actually I was going to start a thread asking people to define Irony but now I think I won't, or I'll just wait a bit.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: its ironic [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3710810 - 02/01/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

irony is naming an airport after the president that ired all of the air traffic controllers.
irony is a police officer beating a woman into submission and raping her in a parking lot, and then arresting her for indescent exposure.

irony is not a nice thing, but often times, to a mind sick enough, a funny thing.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: its ironic [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3710910 - 02/01/05 01:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

those are examples, and maybe very good ones, but I won't know until I see a definition that I can be satisfied with

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3711168 - 02/01/05 02:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Wrinkled clothes - oh the ironing of it all!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: its ironic [Re: Swami]
    #3711718 - 02/01/05 05:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I, Ronny, of sound mind and body...

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3711838 - 02/01/05 06:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I dont remember everything, but i know that irony comes in several flavors. Situational, and a couple others. Shakespere used irony heavily in his comedys if memory serves me correctly.

And seriously dude Ambien?????? Like the man said its not a psychodelic its just a sleep pill. Just smoke some pot, or do some shrooms if you want to do some heavy thinking.

peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: its ironic [Re: blaze2]
    #3713349 - 02/01/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

3 entries found for Irony.
i?ro?ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-n, r-)
n. pl. i?ro?nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: ?Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated? (Richard Kain).
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
Dramatic irony.
Socratic irony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French ironie, from Old French, from Latin rna, from Greek eirneia, feigned ignorance, from eirn, dissembler, probably from eirein, to say. See wer-5 in Indo-European Roots.]

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright ? 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Irony

n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift [syn: sarcasm, satire, caustic remark] 2: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated" 3: a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

Source: WordNet ? 2.0, ? 2003 Princeton University

Irony

irony: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, ? 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

there ya go!
i dont know if it is satisfactory, but that is what the all knowing dictionary.com has to say about it.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology