Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedictionarypsyche
Stranger
Dictionary Psychedelia Podcast
    #6561696 - 02/13/07 03:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Heya,

If you are interested in the psychedelic experience (guessing you are!) I'm working on a podcast and zine with friends that looks at just that. How do psychedelics change our thinking about life? Our podcast tries to answer that question.

Dictionary Psychedelica is a podcast and soon to be a zine. This is the basic concept: we choose a word each week and discuss the word in our podcast from different angles, in particular discussing altered states of awareness and the place of psychedelics. Our podcasts so far have covered: role of art in society, the West's alcohol cult, ego-dissolution. Soon to look at the 2012 meme. We are hoping to open up a discussion on the topics in our podcasts - so if you have any angry rants, responses, thoughts or relevant ANYTHING to hit us back with send it to dictionarypsychedelica@gmail.com and we will discuss it in our next podcast.

The podcast?? Where is it?! Here at www.dictionarypsychedelica.blogspot.com/

We can talk about ANYTHING you want - that's the whole point really. Listen up and communicate with us because the internet shouldn't be one-way communication. Send us an audio message by going here:
www.odeo.com/sendmeamessage/DictionaryPsychedelica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Dictionary Psychedelia Podcast [Re: dictionarypsyche]
    #6561792 - 02/13/07 04:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

how about frame stacking:
the idea that, while on psychedelic, signals in the brain fade more slowly giving rise to
multiple coincident (gestalt) moments;
the appearance of multiple dimensions;
tracers, smearing and enhanced coloration, sound, touch etc.;
the range of time perception distortions from frame stacking includes deja vu, the certainty of having been there before, and
the religious epiphanies, as mentation and body sense layer up - as if having tremendous extra resonance or meaning.

(note: meditative absorption, emotional and dream states, similar to psychedelic states, produce frame stacking as well)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineUnder_the_Stars
Stranger

#6562263 - 02/13/07 09:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

you bastard, you're doing the same thing I'm going to be doing!!!!

GOOD LUCK :grin: and yes I will offer feedback :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6563740 - 02/13/07 05:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

spam      (spām)  Pronunciation Key 
n.  Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

Quote:

in·dis·crim·i·nate      /ˌɪndɪˈskrɪmənɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-di-skrim-uh-nit] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not discriminating; lacking in care, judgment, selectivity, etc.: indiscriminate in one's friendships.

As we can see, your post is anything but spam. Thank you for describing your project and encouraging us to take part. Also, feel free to search around our forums and perhaps even participate. You'll find that we often spark some interesting and provocative discussion that might provide as a catalyst for further content to be pondered and worked with on your own project. Also, let them know about us as well! :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinedictionarypsyche
Stranger
Re: Dictionary Psychedelia Podcast [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6569793 - 02/15/07 03:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

@ fireworks_god:
Blergh. Internet sarcasm is getting me down so I will optimistically pretend that you are being serious. If you weren't being sarcastic then all the better and I hope that you've checked us out and will involve yourself through audio messages or comments somehow.

Or if you consider what I wrote spam then that's fine but we aren't trying to make money out of the podcast (is it even really possible to make money off podcasts?) and are rather trying to use the show as a way to bring the psychedelic community together somehow through shared discussion. Unfortunately I can't involve myself wholeheartedly in every psychedelic/hippy/whatever forum so please forgive a newbie for intruding on your turf and if you are still interested then share your views and opinions with us. It can't hurt, can it?

Cheers,
Connor of Dictionary Psychedelica

Edited by dictionarypsyche (02/15/07 03:44 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder