Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
Different Strains/Different Experiences?
    #370642 - 08/12/01 12:36 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

This is a brief but serious question and I hope all the more experienced people on the site will reply:

If you have ingested more than one strain of psilocybin mushrooms in your time, do you think there are differences among the strains? If so, please clarify what you've taken and what characteristics you think are typical for those strains.

Some people swear there is no difference among strains, and some swear that some strains are more visual, some are more spiritual, some more energetic or "speedy", some more mellow, etc....I am interested in a lot of different replies from people who have tried a number of strains.

Personally I have only ever had two strains and I *tentatively* lean towards there being some distinctions in the two, but I am interested in a wide variety of replies.

Thanks!

"I'm nothing that you think I am anyway" - Syd Barrett

We lead our truest lives when we are in dreams awake

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Different Strains/Different Experiences? [Re: cantara]
    #373617 - 08/17/01 09:09 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry I've only had the B+ strain (& I realise you said only those who'd had more than one type to reply), but I thought I'd just impart my miniscule amount of knowledge.

I found the B+ to be very smooth and quite relaxing, with not a lot of body load and not as much nausea as I expected.
It was a fairly introspective (yet colourful!) trip;  but the trouble with trying to compare is that I think growing parameters will vary so much depending on environment, each batch might be different.
And that's without all the factors of individual personality considered...;)

OfflineSofaCureSilf
Stranger
Loc: California
Re: Different Strains/Different Experiences? [Re: zhukov]
    #397323 - 09/18/01 01:17 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: Different Strains/Different Experiences? [Re: cantara]
    #397942 - 09/18/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

personally i always found differences between species and even between strains.
mazatepec and PF are both cubensis, but the high is quite different, the closed eyes visual have different colors, green and purple predominating in the PF, cyan and gold in the mazatepec. Also the kind of visions are quite different.
I don't like the B+, it gave me a strange "fuzzy" feeling to my body.
But i haven't tried so much strains....

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Different Strains/Different Experiences? [Re: CLuB99]
    #397994 - 09/19/01 12:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I too have noticed a difference. I have tried amasonian, B+, koh Samui, and ecuadors. The amasonian strain from homestead was my first experience. I found them potent,but nothing about them strikes me as different. I have not tried each of them at the same dosage so it's really not fair to compare.The difference for me may very well have been dosage related. .Koh Samui was fun and delivered nice closed eye visuals, but I didn't like how it made me feel. I found kS to be more speedy. I experienced anxiety during the first hour with KS. B+ I can't really fairly judge. The B+ I tried came from a casing with some green mold. I developed some coughing with generalized itching and did not have fun. Bad trip. I was obviously allergic to the green mold and had a mild reaction. Needless to say I learned a good lesson and will only partake in healthy mushrooms now.But I don't have any interest in trying B+ again. My favorite thus far are ecuadors. Again, I had a bit of anxiety during the first hour or so, but five grams of Ecuadors delivered amazing open eye visuals for me. The colors were beautiful and the trip amazing. Up to that point I thought that it was impossible for me to have the same visuals with mushrooms as with LSD. Ecuadors also delivered a very euphoric trip.Even in smaller doses they are still a visual mushy for me. Recently, I was messing around with a few mushroom. After I put them up, I noticed one small cap on the counter. A small cap weighing maybe .5 grams. I ate it just because not expecting anything from it. To my surprise, I had the nicest little trip with nice close eye visuals. Faint, but very nice. I was very impressed. So, as of now ecuadors are on the top of my list.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies