Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Jimi Hendrix, San Pedro, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice
    #1334956 - 02/25/03 03:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,
I have eaten shrooms 3 times in my life. The first 2 times, I ate locally picked shrooms and I remember having a great time. I grew some of my own recently and finally decided to try them out this weekend. I had Equadors. 3 of us ate them. We each started out with 1 gram dried, 2 of us ate another gram about an hour later and my friend ate a third about an hour after that. My girl had 1 gram, I had 2 ,and my friend had 3. We basically didn't enjoy it at all. We all have done alot of ecstasy. We were at a rave type party when we sarted shrooming. I was not feeling the party at all, I just wanted to leave. My girl and I went home to relax and hope the buzz chilled out a little. We left my friend there. I felt better when I got home but not great. My friend told me the next day that he wanted to leave the party shortly after I did. I just felt lots of anxiety. I didn't want anyone to talk to me. We all felt this same way. The shrooms seem to very potent. The main reason I am writing this is because I am not sure if I want to try this again. I really would like to know if I can do this and enjoy it? Can I take Xanax when I shroom to stop the anxiety? Do you have any ideas to why we all felt this same way and didn't really like it. We were all saying that we wouldn't try it again, but now that we sobered up, we will to but I want to get some advise. The other 2 people were first time shroomers by the way. Does all of us being newbies at eating shrooms effect the way we trip? I did alot of acid years ago so I am not that new at the tripping experience. I would love it if you could help because we really want to do this and enjoy it like most people here on the shroomery. Thanks!

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineicesickill
Stranger
Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: Mycotopian]
    #1334972 - 02/25/03 03:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms aren't party drugs, that was your mistake.

PS Ravers are wack

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: icesickill]
    #1334982 - 02/25/03 03:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I found that out real quick. I am so used to the ecstasy type party. How should I use shrooms so that I can really enjoy them. Is it alright to be with a group of people as long as we are all doind shrooms and not having a rave party. Help me out if you can. How and where should I shroom to really enjoy it?

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: icesickill]
    #1334987 - 02/25/03 03:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooms aren't party drugs, that was your mistake.

PS Ravers are wack

Well I wouldn't go that far to say raver are wack. That's wack to group so many people into one. I have met alot of great people when I was raving. I just want to learn how to shroom the right way.

--------------------

Offlineicesickill
Stranger
    #1335023 - 02/25/03 03:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Put yourself into a creative deep thinker mindset before tripping. Keep a sketch book with you during the trip. Draw and write down ideas as they come to you. I've found this the best way to enjoy a trip, when you're done you'll feel like you've gained knowledge that you didn't have before.

Or play an instrument, anything creative is good.

Edited by icesickill (02/25/03 03:35 PM)

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1335067 - 02/25/03 03:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Don't trip at parties!!! Trip out in woods instead, it'll be much better.  :wink: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1335100 - 02/25/03 04:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Stop trying to enjoy them.

that might help you enjoy them :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1335732 - 02/25/03 06:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Most people like to avoid huge amounts of people for that reason, to avoid anxiety. Try going camping with your shroomer friends next time, or just spend the trip alone with them, and away from crowds. A trip party, if you will. Get some music going, some lights, and lay back if you want, or talk if you wish. There's millions of things you could do with just the 3 of you.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1339319 - 02/27/03 05:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, encountering a large group of people while on shrooms = anxiety. Just countinure to grow your shrooms, preserve them, and wait for a while to trip again. Perhaps wait like 2 month or so. When you do decide the time is right for a trip, find a secluded place with a close friend where interaction with the outside world will be non-existant. Play some tunes that your into, something that will push out positive vibes... Enya seems to do the trick for me... and just sit and relax. I assure you'll have a fantastic time.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinemrpants
jedi

Loc: London
    #1340389 - 02/27/03 12:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I had massive amounts of anxiety the third (and last) time I tripped. I was with two other very close firends and I couldn't stand anyone talking to me. It sucked. I tried some san pedro since by myself and I still felt lots of anxiety.

What's annoying is that I am so fascinated by shrooms but when I am actually on them (or any hallucinagen) I wig out and get scared shitless.

The third shroom trip turned into a good one just after the peak but what I had before that was sheer unadulterated terror and anxiety. I hope this doesn't happen everytime I trip from now on as I am kind scarred from the experience I think.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: mrpants]
    #1343443 - 02/28/03 06:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Bad trips will happen, alotof times its due to a large dose. Dont worry if you wig out, it wont always be that way. Dont let a previous bad trip set a bad mood for your new trips though. It will all work out.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1343530 - 02/28/03 06:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 11:14 PM)

Offlinedr4g0n
sleeps withdragons

#1346291 - 03/02/03 09:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IMHO everytime my friend shrooms on only 1 or 2 g's its more of a mind/body trip. I reccomend eating an eigth or more, this puts you in a mood where you are too preoccupied with visuals/laughing to even think about having a bad trip. Don't do it in large groups or crowds because trippin makes u a bit paranoid. You should do it somewhere where you feel comfortable, and can chill and do whatever you want. My friend does it in his living room when his parents are dead asleep, if they come down, he fake sleeps until they leave and then he continues his trip. Dont do it alone, but dont do it with too many people you dont know.

--------------------
Talk to my Aol Instant messenger robot, screen name YakSpuiT
http://www.canivour.net/~yakspuit/

OfflineKrasHnBurnZ
enthusiast

Loc: USA
    #1347380 - 03/02/03 06:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've noticed MOVIES are wonderful one mushrooms. Lord of the rings and Matrix are some of my favorites. You get so into them. I Got so into it, that i could not grasp the fact that it was a movie and not real. Its alot of fun! Also, it gets your mind of some things in your real life that you mind start freaking out about while on mushrooms.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: KrasHnBurnZ]
    #1348000 - 03/03/03 04:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

As Terence McKenna once said, you will be forever changed by 5.0 grams of psilocybin mushrooms in silent darkness. however, this is often hard to attain (complete darkness, complete silence), and light music can help to guide the psychedelic experience in the right direction. nature is definitely a good place to trip as well, but I would suggest locking yourself in one of the rooms in your home with the lights out and everything turned off (fans, ticking clocks, etc.) with maybe some light psychedelic music in the background (Shpongle, Orb, Aphex Twin, etc.).

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #1361251 - 03/09/03 08:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There has been a lot of good advice given here. I'll tell you about the location that I had a very good trip at. It was a trip party, in some upper-class dude's huge backyard in Houston. The yard was basically designed for people that are tripping there was a tunnel of lights with those 3-d glasses that refract light and make everything rainbowish. There were also musicians playing tribal music, fire-twirling people (very cool to watch while tripping), and hippies!

Me and my friend each ate about 2 grams of dried cubensis that night, we also had a liter of gin that I was carrying around in my hoodie. It was pretty cold that night, and the alcohol seemed to just warm us up, not really get us drunk. We smoked pot with some hippy out of one of the coolest pipes I've ever seen (it was wooden and looked like a pipe straight from the middle ages, something like you'd think Gandalf from Lord of the Rings would smoke out of). The dude asked me if we had acid because we were obviously tripping. I of course, had none. We spoke about how dry acid is around here.

After that we hung out in this small shed that had a red light in it, which gave it a very weird feeling. My friend and I spent our peek in that shed--eyes mostly closed just blissed-out and taking it all in. While we were in there my other drunken friend came in and laid down on the floor and fell asleep. Well, my friend that was tripping had had an accident a couple months before all this that had fractured his neck, and he had a titanium halo on his head. Well, if you use your imagination a bit, walking into a red shed with a passed-out drunken hippy laid across the ground, a guy with a halo on his head in a medititive state, and an extremely intoxicated euphoric hooded-weirdo can be quite a Kodak moment. So everyone that came in just admired the imagery. One lady even had a camera, but she was too drunk to take a good picture, so she handed it to me. I thought it was so funny being so messed-up, and still being the designated photographer.

After all of that insanity we wandered around a bit more, admired the huge trees, were amazed by how a few strands of red lights in a plastic tube laid across the grass looked like lava flowing, and talked to a lady on stilts. It began to get too cold though, so we went to my Tahoe. We listened to Darkside of the Moon while tripping. It was amazing! It was the first time I'd heard DSOTM while tripping and after all of the things that had happened before us listenening to it, I was just blissed-out through the entire album.

About half-way through Dark Side of the Moon my cousin came up to my window and knocked on the door. I rolled down the window and the first words out of his mouth were "Where my bitches at?" Me and my friend burst into a laughter that I thought would never end. He wanted to know if I could drive. I thought about it, forgot what I was thinking about, then said "no." So the drunken passed-out hippy guy from the red shed drove the Tahoe for me. He assured me that he was sober, and I believed him (I got to know him very well after all of this-he is an awesome person, very smart).

We ended up at Denny's, me and my friend were still tripping hard--too hard to eat. We just drank some juice and stayed in our own little world. At some point I was staring at the carpet, then closed my eyes and seen a scene that looked like the back of a Jimi Hendrix album I had looked at earlier. Extremely detailed, everything looked like it was from India, people with those dots on thier foreheads banditi's I believe they're called? I snapped back to reality. I said "You know it's been a crazy night when you're having out-of-body experiences in Denny's."

My cousin's girlfriend then started talking about auras and stuff, it was very cool to hear all these things while tripping. Well, after they finished eating, we headed back to my cousin's house and I put in 2001: A Space Odyssee, everyone else went to bed, it was me by myself watching it. It was a pretty odd experience. After the movie I went to sleep.

I think this was my best trip, I met lots of cool people, and had an awesome time. I wish more people could have experiences like this. Mushrooms can be a party drug if you're in the right atmosphere.

Sorry this turned into a full-blown trip-report. I think this trip was a level 2, sometimes reaching level 3.

OfflineShroomadelic1
Pitt Bull King

Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: Aaladorn]
    #1373952 - 03/13/03 09:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

level 5+ is the only the only thing that matters...... otherwise you are still attached to this realuty in some way. you must admit that on lowel levels you feel like there is yet more to be explored. only 10g+ doses will truely achieve 'the good that is all'.

--------------------
Yup, thats my dog.

Offlinezoomers
zoomers
Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: Shroomadelic1]
    #1374920 - 03/14/03 06:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

go camping with your buds and girls do them at night around the fire thats when i,ve had the best times i get freaked in crowds or bars concerts are cool if your mentally prepared i went to a tool concert it was freakin me out between sets they played some vidieos that when your high it,s intense you see shit diffirent

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Re: Bad shrooming experience - I need some advice [Re: zoomers]
    #1375054 - 03/14/03 07:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Try going to the beach at night if you live near one. It's amazing!

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Jimi Hendrix, San Pedro, Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports