Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
sunflower seeds
    #3682337 - 01/26/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Most of the WBS teks tell you to strain off & remove as many sunflower seeds as possible. My foaf has always just left all them in - without any problems.

The other day, he soaked some WBS & just for the hell of it, strained off as many sunflower seeds as possible, jar'ed them up seperatly, just like the wbs.

He PC'ed the batch 90 minutes @ 15 psi & first thing he noticed when he removed the jars was the sunflower seeds shaked VERY EASY (no effort what-so-ever). WBS - took some effort to shake - as usual.

Then, he allowed batch to cool overnight & G2G'ed all of them with a heaping tablespoon each - from a 100% colonized mother jar.

He eyeballed them today. Guess what? SUNFLOWER SEED jar seems to be doing better, looked better & colonizing faster than WBS.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: sunflower seeds [Re: agar]
    #3682356 - 01/26/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Slightly differnt concept , but same pricipal .
When buying milo in bulk , there always seems to be some cracked corn in there(chickems love it my supplier says ) , just leave it to the mushies they will eat it anyway .
But I have noticed if one does not have a real healthy active colony of myc , sf has a tendency to contam . But I am sure the infamous agar will not have such problems  :wink:
That is freaky looking ... all that black surrounded by white myc .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3682357 - 01/26/05 09:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

lolzz

Go figgure...eh?

Keep us posted on this bro.
I'd like to see if they make it all the way.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: sunflower seeds [Re: tripndicular]
    #3682359 - 01/26/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

nice one agar, always good to know this hyping shite is all bout nun.

you say, when u use the wbs you leave them in .. this goes for the simmering aswell?
you simply simmer the whole lot?
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: sunflower seeds [Re: ohmatic]
    #3682464 - 01/26/05 09:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ohmatic said:you say, when u use the wbs you leave them in .. this goes for the simmering aswell? you simply simmer the whole lot? peace ohm :mushroom2:

Have used "BIRD BASICS" 40 lb bags from PETCO @ $8 each for years.

I just leave them in & don't even SIMMER (at all). Just soak in 5 gallon plactic buckets for a day (@ room temp & longer outside - if it's cold weather). Stir a few times. Rinse WELL, drain & jar up & go for it.

WBS simmer just adds extra un-needed work, IMHO.

True, it seems if a jar does contam, it is from the sunflower seeds. But, 90 - 120 minute PC @ 15 / 18 PSI seems to resolve that.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3682482 - 01/26/05 09:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly if one does the PC trick no bother bout the SF seed contaminating the jars. Actually I used some tek of a certain 6Tango :wink: and I agree on leaving the SF seeds in. Makes the WBS a bit more "airy"... :smile:

Ive had some contams but no reason to believe it is because of the SF-seeds. I had contams in cakes as well.. ;P

Agar very inventive Im curious how it will work out! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinespank0r
 User Gallery

#12901604 - 07/15/10 02:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You can buy giant bags of sunflower seed only bird seed at most pet stores.

I also tried this experiment recently, and found that as you said, the sunflower seed jars are about 100 times easier (no exaggeration) to shake.  Try it and see for yourself!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates