Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI???????
    #3622427 - 01/13/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't have any proof or any real reason to believe that the American government has the motive or the capability to cause a tsunami, and certainly no evidence to support this claim. Even if I did have a link it would just be some other assholes somewhere else talking out of their ass with nothing substantial to back up their assertion either, but...

:eek: :eek: :eek:OMFG!!! WHAT IF THEY DID?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3622440 - 01/13/05 06:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why play the what if game? I'm sure some numbnut will make this argument if it hasn't already happened. Afterall, if it's written on the Internet it has to be true.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3622443 - 01/13/05 06:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just remember, you heard it here first folks.

And now here's a word from High Fructose Corn Syrup

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3622445 - 01/13/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Someone on this site (I can't remember who, Alzheimer's)tried to link it to terrorists I believe. A radio station (I believe in Egypt of Saudi Arabia) told their listeners that America caused the Tsunamis, like sheep I'm sure they followed him.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3622458 - 01/13/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If they don't straighten up over there, They're gonna make us hafta bring the moon crashing down on them!!!

MUUUAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3622468 - 01/13/05 06:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm already working on that. Also i've learned that the United States has programmed Haley's comet to hit Mecca the next time it comes around.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3622549 - 01/13/05 07:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Another A+ thread!!!

This forum is so cool.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: deafpanda]
    #3622558 - 01/13/05 08:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sure guys u can laugh it up... but i guess u never herd of a guy names Nicolai Tesla?

The means most definetly DO exist and they are most likely
owned by US intelligence.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3622566 - 01/13/05 08:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

..and in marches the tin foil hat brigade.

:shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3622595 - 01/13/05 08:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hehee

No matter what bull I hear about there being no 'tsunami warning system' I just can't believe that seismologists who are constantly monitoring seismic activity couldn't get on the blower.

It's physics that a scale 9 earthquake that happens at sea will generate a tsunami. Surely when the earthquake registered those biys who watch and compile the information could be pretty damn definite that a tsunami would have been generated and estimate approximately how long it would have taken to reach each shoreline in it's path.
All it then takes is a couple of phonecalls and the local police etc could have gone down the beaches, around the towns etc just politely telling everyone to 'HEAD FOR THE HILLS coz in about 2 hours...'

Maybe I am crazy....but it does strike me as odd...didn't want to cause a panic I suppose! lol

Anyway it was the French that caused it! (One up for the USA), not deliberately....but letting all those multi-megaton bombs off in the earth's crust, under the seas, down that way. Vibrations and rock slippage that built up tension on fault lines eventually gave way....and this is the result. Chew on that!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3622606 - 01/13/05 08:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thomas Edison ate Tesla's soul and took it back to hell with him.

I know because a psychic vagrant told me.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DID AMERICA CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: CJay]
    #3622610 - 01/13/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have a link to anything about underwater nuclear testing in that area?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3622611 - 01/13/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

No matter what bull I hear about there being no 'tsunami warning system' I just can't believe that seismologists who are constantly monitoring seismic activity couldn't get on the blower.

What bull is that? They don't have a early warning system since the likelyhood of tsunalis in that area pale in comparison to those found in the pacific rim countries and the pacific ocean in general. They did contact people but it was too late. But the minutes it took for the Tsunamis to hit doesn't leave you with a lot of time to form an evacuation strategy. They discussed this on the Discovery channel the other day. Besides it's much easier to blame France.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DID FRANCE CAUSE THE TSUNAMI??????? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3622628 - 01/13/05 08:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

International community blasts tests....

According to the French Defense Ministry, the prime objective of the tests was "to guarantee the security and viability" of France's nuclear arsenal.

"We're not against France and the French people, but we are against (the French decision to continue testing)," said Australian Prime Minister Paul Keating. "We want to see no more tests. We want the French to clean up their act. We want them to apologize, and we want them to join the rest of us in clearing the world of these dreadful weapons."

In Hiroshima, Japan, where more than 140,000 people were killed by a U.S. atomic bomb on August 6, 1945, the city's mayor issued a strong protest. "To strengthen one's nuclear arsenal at a time when we are searching for a world without nuclear weapons is an act betraying the international community," said Mayor Takashi Hiraoka.

Greenpeace Coordinator Lynette Thorstensen said the explosion was "highly insulting for all the peace-loving people of the Pacific." She noted that the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima "was 13 kilotons and this today was 110."

French authorities kept mum, except for brief comment from the Foreign Ministry in Paris. "Every test has its own value," said spokesman Jacques Rummelhardt.

From 1966 to 1990, 167 French nuclear test explosions have been performed on two atolls in French Polynesia, Morurua and Fangataua. Of the 167 tests, 44 were atmospheric. Atmospheric explosions were carried out until 1974, but only underground tests after that. The underground tests have been conducted at the bottom of shafts bored 500-1200 meters into the basalt core of the atoll. Initially these shafts were drilled in the outer rim of the atoll. In 1981, most likely due to the weakening of that rim, the tests with higher yields were shifted to shafts drilled under the lagoon itself.

Q: What are the effects of underwater nuclear testing?

A: To quote from a 1995 case brought against the French government, Case T-219/95 R, by Marie-Th?r?se Danielsson, Pierre Largenteau and Edwin Haoa, all residing in Tahiti, French Polynesia: "Short-term effects include geological damage and the venting of gaseous and volatile fission products into the biosphere. Nuclear tests, the applicants say, can cause landslides and did indeed cause a major underwater landslide at Mururoa in 1979, when a nuclear device was exploded after jamming half-way down its shaft. Since the geology of Mururoa is already unstable due to large-scale fracturing caused by previous tests, further major landslides are likely. Such landslides in the past have given rise to tsunamis causing coastal damage in areas as far away as Pitcairn and Tahiti and endangering residences such as that of Ms. Danielsson. They can also release radioactive material into the sea, with catastrophic effects on the food chain in an area such as French Polynesia where fish is an important part of the diet.

Q: Can landslides create tsunamis?

A: Research on underwater landslides is new and it is only in recent years that the potentially catastrophic results of a landslide have become known. Dr Summerhayes, Director of the Institute of Oceanographic Sciences in the United Kingdom, is quoted in the Independent Newspaper on 9 September 1995 as saying that volcanic islands like Mururoa were:

"... inherently unstable and may fail given an appropriate trigger like an earthquake or a very large explosion. Failure is likely to cause a giant submarine landslide which may demolish parts of the island and could create a tidal wave that may itself damage coastal installations on other islands nearby."

mmmkay

well they were on the pacific side of Indonesia....but that area is a hive of plate boundries and rock stresses and ripples of shockwaves extend in every direction to a nearby area of slippage....

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3622647 - 01/13/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hee hee

It did take a couple of hours or so for the tsunamis to hit most areas...not mere minutes...It would have taken a couple of minutes to call the leaders of those countries when the seismographs started going mad..

But like you say...it would have been mayhem either way....still...who knows how mny would have got far enough inland, or high enough to survive.

Some of the shots u see taken by tourists are from the 6th 7th floors of their luxury hotels...down below on the gardens the pool cleaners, waiters etc are all running away from the encroaching waves...

When the camera pans around to the hotel...it looks empty...

2 hours is enough time to get plenty people in those rows of huge buildings on some of those coasts.

Undeveloped parts with no high rises....no chance :crazy2:

Edited by CJay (01/13/05 09:07 AM)

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3622651 - 01/13/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:shiftyeyes:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3622668 - 01/13/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It did take a couple of hours or so for the tsunamis to hit...not mere minutes...

I guess that all depends on where you were. Actually the warning system for tsunamis are run by ALL pacific rim countries (or atleast the more developed) not just the US.

think about it though? They didn't even know if there was going to be a tsunami because the buoys weren't in place, fortunatly not all quakes cause tsunamis. The quake that caused this one was upgraded, i believe, three times before they agreed on the final of 8.9 (i believe this is what it was.)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3622697 - 01/13/05 09:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh - u got that b4 my edit

It did take a couple of hours or so for the tsunamis to hit most areas.

yeah well - it's fun to speculate....

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3622711 - 01/13/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

they did it in iran, they did it in indo.

mecca is next.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3622753 - 01/13/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that being said...if it took minutes to hit one area, surely when the screams and radio maydays came flying in, it could have been easily estimatable that it would take say 2hrs or whatever to hit further coastlines...and the message could have been sent to those areas.

Probably would have caused riots and roadblocks galore!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom