Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
it was a Lesson from the Universe
    #3606427 - 01/10/05 01:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you are feeling rushed or something, say because your alarm clock is fucked up rendering you late for work, so your attention falters just enough, and you stub your toe really hard on the doorjamb. "holy fuckin craps!" you cry indignantly, hopping around on one foot like a banshee (because we all know banshees hop like the dickens). Then some spiritually evolved buddy of yours tells you "calm your fury, my friend: this is a Lesson from the Universe. A Lesson in the virtue of Patience."

up yours. the Universe teaches us to be patient by stubbing our toes? is it thus:

Mr Universe: "hey, he's not being Patient enough. guess I'd better stub the ol' toe for him, that'll teach 'im."

and when are we supposed to use our vaunted Patience, once we've learned the Lesson? will the Universe keep sending us broken alarm clocks after we've mastered Patience? what's the point, Mr Universe? have You really thought this one through?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: it was a Lesson from the Universe [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3606450 - 01/10/05 01:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what's the point, Mr Universe? have You really thought this one through?

I think it has.. it just doesn't remember :grin:

the universe has a funny way of teaching

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3606464 - 01/10/05 01:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In everything there is meaning to those who seek. The spiritually evolved buddy has chosen a lesson in patience as the meaning. Someone else may see it as a lesson in not relying on technology. And yet another may see it as an unfortunate event and nothing more.
What you see it as is what counts.

You should use your vaunted(that's a new word to me, thanks) patience in any instance you deem proper.
The universe may or may not send you more broken clocks. If it does, then you may well have yet to learn the intended lesson. Or maybe you should shop at a different store.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: it was a Lesson from the Universe [Re: daimyo]
    #3606470 - 01/10/05 01:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

but I only have 10 toes

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3606477 - 01/10/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hopefully you're a quick learner  :goodluck:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3606512 - 01/10/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I love lessons from the Universe. I actually see the Universe and God as interchangeable.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: it was a Lesson from the Universe [Re: Frog]
    #3606532 - 01/10/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I bet you don't love them until you've identified them as such

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3606548 - 01/10/05 01:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, it seems to me that just about everything that happens is from the Universe.  Okay, that's wrong.  But so much happens that IS from the Universe that I just take this "wait and see" attitude.

You never know when the smallest of occasions, which might be just a burp in the cosmic scheme of things, turns out to be a sign from the Universe.  The smallest universal fart could be cataclysmic.  Okay, I'm exaggerating.

But you just never know!  Like in Swami's thread on something or another, why be upset over something bad happens, when there could be a good reason?  So when shit happens, I grab a fork.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3606560 - 01/10/05 01:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wait and see is very good...

my main point, though, is as follows: if you'd have me believe that the Universe 'teaches' us with 'lessons' (or in my case 'lesions'... just kidding), then ...well, take Patience specifically. The Universe sends me a stubbed toe, says "eat that, and eat it patiently too, or there's more where that came from." The Universe wants to teach me to be Patient so that I can Patiently ride out all the shit sent my way by the Universe, obstensibly to teah me Patience?? wtf

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

Loc: killah cali
    #3606562 - 01/10/05 01:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i think the universe is just trying to remind you of the simple pleasures in life.. wouldnt it be a bitch to have that situation happen everyday.. or just every once in a while. its like last call for alcohal, kinda makes you miss 10pm. just feel satisfaction in knowing that- it happens to everybody.. everybody stubs there toe sometime or other. am i making sense?? DAMN YOU UNIVERSE!!

--------------------
life is but a simple word for experience.. experience is why we use drugs.. drugs are to cure what ails us.. what ails us is- living. we only live to die.. might as well get high..

avatar: the stimulus of thought. never-ending and intertwined. one thought leads to three and they mesh together to create an idea.. shrooms, x, smoke, 151.. my ultimate idea of 'living'..

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: it was a Lesson from the Universe [Re: sAvVy]
    #3606574 - 01/10/05 01:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

so I stub my toe in order to appreciate all the times when I don't stub my toe? what kind of lesson is that..?

the only part I can readily agree with is the DAMN YOU UNIVERSE part.

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

#3606578 - 01/10/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh.. i understand now.. how bout if the universe it trying to tell you.. "sleep a little earlier my puppet and maybe it will fix everything".. in actuality, you know that shit happens when you least expect it. say your watching the game and you get up for a beer when.. -OUCH-!! shin on the coffee table.. it happens..

--------------------
life is but a simple word for experience.. experience is why we use drugs.. drugs are to cure what ails us.. what ails us is- living. we only live to die.. might as well get high..

avatar: the stimulus of thought. never-ending and intertwined. one thought leads to three and they mesh together to create an idea.. shrooms, x, smoke, 151.. my ultimate idea of 'living'..

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3606580 - 01/10/05 02:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You didn't stub your toe in order to do anything. You arose groggy and hurried and there was a negative consequence to your haste.

The lesson you bring out of it is up to you. Patience, appreciation, wear shoes to bed, line your rooms with pillows.

--------------------

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

#3606583 - 01/10/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, life isnt the most pleasurable thing.. often times it is very hard just getting from min to min.. BUT.. at least you have a toe to stub.. some people dont have that pleasure..

--------------------

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

#3606588 - 01/10/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how about.. without bad mishaps.. you wouldnt know what good ones are??

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: it was a Lesson from the Universe [Re: daimyo]
    #3606591 - 01/10/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
You didn't stub your toe in order to do anything.

ahh, but you're not my spiritually evolved buddy are you? you know what he'd say to you? "the Universe is mysterious, everything is a Lesson, blah blah, blah."

actually he'd say nothing. he'd punch you in the eye and steal your wallet.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3606593 - 01/10/05 02:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It seems to me that the premise here is that someone or something is in charge.  For me, it's God.  For others, it's the Universe.  For still others, it's <insert the name of your higher calling>.

If you believe that there is some power outside life, life as we know it, then think of the humor in being happy that we stubbed our toes!

"Thank you for the toe stub!"  You're hopping about in pain, but there's a reason for stubbing your toe, you just don't know what it is yet.  So you're thankful, even though your toe REALLY F'ING HURTS.  :grin:

When I am gliding about through life, shit often happens.  When I was flying to Houston just before Christmas, I missed my connector flight.  I was on the next plane, no extra fee and no wait time.

I didn't get pissed off, or depressed.  There was a reason, even if the reason isn't made known to me at the time I missed the flight.

I am sort of rambling here because I'm trying to make a point, but I don't think my point is being made very clear.  Not because it's my fault.  I think the Universe is fucking with me.  :grin:

And even if it is all just a big hallucination on my part, that either God or the Universe is looking out for me, it's worth the peace of mind I derive in exchange.

--------------------

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

#3606603 - 01/10/05 02:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

very insightful.. i guess it is just the way you take it.. good or bad.. is it written for you to react angry or ignorant about the situation? could the higher power is pushing your buttons and pulling your strings at the same time??

--------------------

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

#3606617 - 01/10/05 02:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i get frustrated when my kids cry.. sometimes i feel guilty about it.. sometimes i over react from the stress of small children. sometimes im down.. then there are times when i realize that life is not all that bad. my children are beautiful and i am blessed to have them. i dont know what i would do without them. but all in all.. i love my kids but i hate the crying.. with the good comes the bad and you just have to work harder on seeing the good in all aspects of life. my life could be alot better but we will just have to make do with what we got..

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3607567 - 01/10/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

maybe, in this instance, the universe was using your impatient ass for entertainment. hey,the universe gets bored too.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom