Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Story about an acid trip.
    #3606461 - 01/10/05 03:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but since it is a story I figure this as good place as any. It's a brief writeup of a trip I had a few months ago. I haven't had time to proof read it and correct the mistakes but I'm going to post it anyway for anyone who's interested.

It came on as a sudden alteration in my vision. Suddenly the drunken haze that had clouded my vision previously
was replaced with startling clarity and I found myself awash in a flood of intensity. Colors became more vivid,
objects more crisp, yet surreal in an indefinable way. As I sat there on a cold cement ledge in the school parking
lot my hands started to buzz in a strangely electric way, not entirely unpleasant. This strange feeling soon
migrated up my arms and into the rest of my body. By this point there was no going back, yet it was at this very
moment that I made a decision which a person with a head full of acid should never make; I took another half hit.

The remaining half hit, which I now had pressed under my tongue, tasted even more metallic than the first. My limbs
and spirit were both light and carefree while my thoughts seemed lucid and logical. Of course, by this point the
acid had succeeded in twisting my perception of reality so much that these seemingly lucid and logical thoughts
were just a few steps short of completely demented.

It was approximately 3:00am at this point. We had decided to do acid after a heavy night of drinking beer and
whiskey so better judgement aside we dropped around 2 and walked to the school yard. The three of us who had
decided to embark on this ethnogenic voyage were now starting to feel the acid enhanced effects of the cool night
as the numbing alcohol buzz wore off and was replaced by the acid stimulation so we decided to walk home.

Arrangements had already been made for all of us to stay in the same house, since one of us was from out of town
and was staying with the other already. So the three of us stumbled in the door around 3:30am and tried to set up
our sleeping bags. The two of us, who were guests, were to sleep in the basement where there's a TV, couch, and
lazy boy. To this point I still felt rational, I didn't think the acid had twisted my mind THAT much. But what
came next made me wonder as to how strong the grip I had on reality remained.

I was standing there in the living room preparing to lay out the sleeping bags when the notion crossed my mind
that we would need unobstructed floor space to spread them on. So of course the logical answer would be to push
the lazy boy, which was in the center of the room, off to the side so we could put our sleeping bags on the floor
where it was. Both my friends stared at me oddly while I did this and it wasn't until I had finished that I realized
the reason for the funny looks; I had completely needlessly pushed the chair out of the way. There was a HUGE area
on the other side of the lazy boy that we could have laid our bags out in.

"Oh boy, we're in for a long night." I remember our host saying, which it indeed would be.

By this point all rational thought was gone. The strange thing was that nobody really felt out of control. The
acid had snuck up on me so slowly that I never noticed as it permeated my brain completely. This sensation can
only be described as going to bed sober and waking up so pissed drunk that you don't realize you're drunk. I had
just woken up in my acid world and it was going to be a longggg day.

Acid had made me restless and impassive. I turned on the TV, flipped through a few channels, realized I couldn't
handle the horror of the sane waking world and decided to turn it off before it trapped me, because it honestly felt
like I'd get trapped in the TV reality. Time began to take on a new dimension, it becamse irrelevant and foreign.
The minutes ticked away like a ant crawling through mollasses. I franticly paced the basement, trying to arange
my thoughts, that ranged from a profound feeling of understanding to utter confusion, into some sort of a coherent
framework so I could understand it. Perhaps, I thought, if I could get to the root of these thoughts I'd come
to a profound understanding. One of those understandings that a person can only come to while under the influence
of drugs and that can only be understood while on drugs.

At this point we were all so far gone that we had lost track of each other. The host had gone to his bedroom
upstairs while me and the other adventurer remained downstairs to brave the onslaught on the trip on our own.
Confusion would hit, then it would be swept away by an unexplainable feeling of understanding, then replaced with
confusion. But this was still the beginning.

Like a terrifying storm that builds in intensity until you're sure the worst is over it got even stronger! The
waves of confusion were left behind as thoughts suddenly lost meaning. It was as if thoughts were too primitive
to experience what was to come. My mind reverted back to a more primitive way of communication that defies
explanation. I laid down on the couch and my eyelids drooped shut. Not that it mattered, the outside world
was long gone in my world anyway. For what seemend an eternity a steady pulse, a roaring in an area in brain that
was half visual, half auditory, built. This strange sensation can only be described as a primal combination of
sight and hearing, like the acid had hardwired directly into my brain and was now feeding the portions of my brain
responsible for sight and hearing with a ever growing static buzz. Somewhere along the line the acid must have
also decided to tap into my pleasure center because as the buzz increased in intensity a feeling of sheer bliss
took hold of my body. My body pusled with waves of sheer pleasure, a sustained orgasm rocked my body for seemingly
hours! I'm not sure if I actually did orgasm, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did.

During this whole time a strange picture was being painted in my head. It can loosely be described as looking like
a white ball of energy that grew as it absorbed my being. It seemed to grow in direct relation to the intensity of
the buzzing in my mind. For the life of me it felt, sounded like, and looked like my whole mind/soul was being
drained into this ball of energy. The buzz being the sound of my entity rushing by my senses like wind past
a microphone. I'm not sure how long this feeling persisted for, but evetually it reached a crescendo of sorts,
and like a car that you hear coming towards you for a long time only to have it suddenly speed past and dissapear,
it faded away. The while ball of energy getting sucked into inky blackness that suddenly opened up underneat it
and absorbed it like a blackhole.

Up until this point visuals had been intense but otherwise unimpressive as the madness in my mind played and I was
strapped into my seat. After the buzzing ceased, and I'm not sure how long the whole thing went on for, I began to
regain some sense of reality. Not enough to be normal by any means, but just enough to realize that I was
just coming off the lofty peaks of an acid trip. At this point I had been in a sustained state of sensorary
overload for a good 5-6 hours. My senses felt like they were rubbed raw. Blowing on my arm caused me the feel
with exactly detail every tug, pull, and movement of my arm hairs. This feeling was strangely somewhat painful.

I tried to lay down, to rest, to put a premature end to this madness. But the acid would have none of it. It
taunted me, my body and mind screamed for rest, but the acid still held sway over the ultimate decision. Do I
really need to tell you what the decision was?

The following 12 hours were some of the longest, dreariest hours of my life. The ball that I had fed my entitey
into had falling into a strange black void, and odd as it may sound I really did feed myself into it. I spent
the sleepless post-acid hours trying to clean up the mess that the acid had left. My whole ego lay on the floor,
drunkenly tossed away as the acid charged throughout my mind. I recognized many of the pieces and it was
easy enough to put them back into the right spots. But it wasn't seemless. A few pieces were lost entirely, others
I never found a place for them to fit again. I came out of the trip still whole, yet fractured in some places,
stronger in others. Overall the trip left me in awe. I don't entirely believe the acid its self changed who
I am. I think it pitted my mind against its self.

The following weeks were deeply introspective for me. I wrestled with fears and anxieties that I thought I had
gotten over, yet were only thinly covered. In the end I'm still much the same. Many of my demons buried just
below the surface, waiting to reach out and pull me under as I softly tread over them. Acid was amazing. I don't
regret it for one second. It takes a certain reckless, carefree bravado to truly enjoy acid. The only downfall
to that would be you're failure to unlock many of acids truly amazing healing powers.

Never underestimate LSD.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

Loc: killah cali
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #3606542 - 01/10/05 03:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

excellent, excellent depiction of your fryday.  its like a long lost memory in the back of my head.. i remember my experience well and it is now more clarified after experiencing yours. thank you so much for sharing.. wish i was.. :nut:

--------------------
life is but a simple word for experience.. experience is why we use drugs.. drugs are to cure what ails us.. what ails us is- living. we only live to die.. might as well get high..

avatar: the stimulus of thought. never-ending and intertwined. one thought leads to three and they mesh together to create an idea.. shrooms, x, smoke, 151.. my ultimate idea of 'living'..

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3606558 - 01/10/05 03:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

reminds me of my acid days :smile:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3606590 - 01/10/05 04:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed!

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #3606695 - 01/10/05 05:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Very well written - i love your analogies;

"a crescendo of sorts,
and like a car that you hear coming towards you for a long time only to have it suddenly speed past and dissapear,
it faded away. "

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
    #3606943 - 01/10/05 08:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I liked your story , thanx  :thumbup:

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: headset]
    #3609856 - 01/10/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, definately a great story!  :thumbup: :laugh: :sun: :tripping:

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3610004 - 01/10/05 11:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Good substances with good stories.  Mmm. :smile:

--------------------
delta9

Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Loc: South Australia
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: delta9]
    #3612011 - 01/11/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Very well written!
' Perhaps, I thought, if I could get to the root of these thoughts I'd come to a profound understanding. One of those understandings that a person can only come to while under the influence of drugs and that can only be understood while on drugs.'

It's true that many things reveal themselves under the influence and can only be understood in that mindstate only to be forgotten when sober. But when one returns to this state one remembers it all again.

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: el_duderino]
    #3613811 - 01/11/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

>>One of those understandings that a person can only come to while under the influence
of drugs and that can only be understood while on drugs.

i too liked this.  i can relate to this very much.
very well written, i liked that a lot. thanks for sharing.  :thumbup:

its got that...hunter s thompson feel to it...bravo

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Edited by syanesso (01/12/05 12:42 AM)

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: syanesso]
    #3617653 - 01/12/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

wonderful

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Anonymous

#3624467 - 01/13/05 07:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That was a great read... thank you and 5 shrooms

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: Organic]
    #3625991 - 01/14/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks everyone!  Awesome responses!  Very positive even though I posted it unedited. 

Thanks for the shrooms :wink:

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3626948 - 01/14/05 04:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, that's sounds pretty intense.

I have recently decided that I will be trying acid sometime when it gets warm. I'm still experiencing some tripping anxiety from a bad shroom trip, but I think I'll be aight.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Story about an acid trip. [Re: MeThoD]
    #3627033 - 01/14/05 04:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't want to give you bad advice because everybodies trips are different, but I found acid a lot more bearable than mushrooms. I found the intensity was greater, but the frame of mind that it put me in was a lot more energetic and happy.

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience