Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Heart + Brain
    #358530 - 07/21/01 11:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I just posted about something, and blah. I was reading another post about our hearts, and it made me think...All this bullshit ive been thinking and stuff is taking place in my brain. I can always fall back onto my heart where its pure emotion, and love. But the brain thinks, makes us walk, and makes us love, and alters emotions. Not our hearts, our hearts pump blood, and does a basic function that makes our bodies be mobile. It might be the main function of it all but i dont really know if it thinks or does anything related to it. I dont know, and its kinda depressing so im gonan stop, well not depressing but i wish this were not true so i want someone to completely blow my point out of hte water to make me happy, thanks :)

--tak

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: Heart + Brain [Re: tak]
    #358899 - 07/22/01 07:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I saw on TV a thing about a headless chicken. It got its head cut off and survived for quite a while. Like it continued walking around and continuously attempted to peck food on the ground. So even though its head was cut off, meaning the brain was gone. The body continued as if it still had a brain. Interesting, so case in point a chicken has another part in its body that controls behavior, etc. Wait, well that was only one chicken...it isn't like all chickens do that when they're head is cut off- most of them die. I remember reading this thing where a person that has an unusually strong spirit and has his/her head cut off will continue to live for a short(very) time instead of dying immediately like everybody else who gets their heads cut off. So I guess that chicken had an unusually strong spirit. Okay kinda went off topic, well anyway.....

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineOdd_Snail
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Heart + Brain [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #358928 - 07/22/01 08:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the chicken thing is funny. one of my teachers who used to be a farmer. he told me that because the head is gone all that is left is muscle reflexes. and then it bleeds to death.

>If you are not wasted, then the day is.<

--------------------
Darlene: "Ted, I got you this new nose plug to stop you from snoring at night."
Ted: "Uh yeah, and I got you this paper bag to stop you from looking like James Brown in the Morning."
Darlene: "Oh come now, I don't look anything like James Brown."
Ted: "Hey kids, who does your mom look like in the morning?"
Kids... in unison: "James Brown!"
Darlene, "All right, thats enough... It's poison spaghetti for dinner tonight."

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Heart + Brain [Re: tak]
    #359356 - 07/23/01 11:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I saw the headless chicken thing on TV also. Even though I marvelled (because the implication is profound that the psyche or soul is not exclusively the province of the brain), I remember what I learned from the Tibetan Buddhist Lama Anagarika Govinda. In his book 'The Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism' (which was the basis for my doctoral dissertation) he pointed out that in much older systems of psychology, it is understood that entirely different modes of awareness and self-awareness can be experienced at other Centers. Buddhist Yoga differs markedly from the Hindu chakra system, but to address your inquiry: After a Peak Experience which occurs at the Head Center, the Transcendental Consciousness flows down through the Throat Center, and fills the Heart Center. The Heart Center becomes the central 'organ' of meditation and is transformed into the Diamond Body - the Vajra-Dorje - the Adamantine Indestructible Bodhicitta (heart-mind). A whole book was dedicated to this concept which is expressed in the Great Mantra: OM MANI PADME HUM (The Absolute [OM} is a Jewel [MANI] in the Lotus [PADME] of the Heart [HUM]. The Catholic Sacred Heart image, with the flame of the Holy Spirit has descended from Head to Heart, as has the crown of thorns which encircled the Sacred Head of Christ has descended to encircle the Sacred Heart. The Divine Indwelling, the Center of Transcendental Awareness, the 'I' of God, now takes residence between the intellectual head and the instinctual lower body. From this Solar Center, Light is reflected off the Lunar Head Center (halo) as Enlightened Consciousness (Hindus place a crescent moon on a headress of yogis). Sri Ramana Maharishi was the greatest Hindu exponent of this mystical Truth in modern times. The Heart here is not the muscle, nor is it the Anahata Chakra in the astral body. It is the Hridayam - the Heart Cave in Hinduism; the Diamond Body in Vajrayana Buddhism; Tiphereth in the Qabbalistic Tree of Life; and the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Catholic Christianity. It is not a mere center of emotion or of sino-atrial-brain-sent impulses. The Heart is the Mercy Seat - the Holy of Holies into which the Infinite and Eternal God rends the veil of space-time to manifest and tabernacle in the Hearts of humans. Meditate on this, if you will. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology