Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    #3623879 - 01/13/05 05:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

so can taking "a break" help a couple work things out?

if so, what about taking a break to test out the temperature of water elsewhere???

can't a break from the drama help a relationship only if it is not a break spent with other people? wont the interaction between a new person put an end to the relationship you once had even quicker?

i don't see how being apart from person A and spending more time with person B can help the already existing relationship between you and person A.

i can however see how taking a break from person A to look at the relationship from a diffrerent perspective may help. it may make you realise that you liked it better when person A and you were together.~the same effect can happen by being with other people, but by being with another person,.... person A may take this as a sign that they are not wanted and then things would never work out.

it doesn't take trying fried chicken to know whether or not you like steak. if you like steak then have steak. and if steaks on the dinner table already why go to the store for chicken and go through to work of cooking it just to see which is better? what if you dont like the chicken and want the steak....but now it is cold...ah ha! microwave!!!! sure it still taste good, but it sure was a whole lot better before you went to the store, when it was still hot and ready.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: uriahchase]
    #3623992 - 01/13/05 05:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I see said the blind man
say goodbye
don't even consider when you may one day say hello again.

this one is not going well and is never likely to turn around.

the kid wants chicken and if the steak is there when the chicken flies away it's gonna stink.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy

Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3624112 - 01/13/05 06:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the kid never had chicken before. so is it worth his time to go to the store and cook it just see "if" its better than chicken, when he knows for certain that the steak is hella' good!!!??

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: uriahchase]
    #3624482 - 01/13/05 07:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
so can taking "a break" help a couple work things out?

Anything is possible.

Quote:

uriahchase said:if so, what about taking a break to test out the temperature of water elsewhere???

What about it?

Quote:

uriahchase said:can't a break from the drama help a relationship only if it is not a break spent with other people? wont the interaction between a new person put an end to the relationship you once had even quicker?

No and Possibly.

Quote:

uriahchase said:i don't see how being apart from person A and spending more time with person B can help the already existing relationship between you and person A.

It may help one to understand and appreciate what it is they enjoy about person A.

Quote:

uriahchase said:i can however see how taking a break from person A to look at the relationship from a diffrerent perspective may help. it may make you realise that you liked it better when person A and you were together.~the same effect can happen by being with other people, but by being with another person,.... person A may take this as a sign that they are not wanted and then things would never work out.

Person A has issues to work out then. If both involved parties have stated their intentions to take a break, then both parties should be prepared for the actions of the other. If only one person is wanting the break, then it is a volatile situation. Break it off and move on.

Quote:

uriahchase said:it doesn't take trying fried chicken to know whether or not you like steak. if you like steak then have steak. and if steaks on the dinner table already why go to the store for chicken and go through to work of cooking it just to see which is better?

I suppose it would have to do with wanting what is best. Why settle for what you have, when there may be something better out there?
Also, to stay in line with this thread, what if you want a break from steak? Then, is it not OK to tried fried chicken?

Quote:

uriahchase said:what if you dont like the chicken and want the steak....but now it is cold...ah ha! microwave!!!! sure it still taste good, but it sure was a whole lot better before you went to the store, when it was still hot and ready.

Now you have learned your lesson. Eat the steak before going to purchase the chicken. Or wait to cook your steak until after you have tried the chicken.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: daimyo]
    #3626804 - 01/14/05 03:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the steak is jealous and the eater should go on a diet but it is so over between them.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3627519 - 01/14/05 08:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm hungry.
I want both chicken and steak.
Ahh, the joys of being single.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy

Re: love~with time spent emotions grow,but absence makes the heart grow fonder. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3627606 - 01/14/05 09:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

so...person A is fucked!!? basically...there's nothing he can do outside of tieing her up downstairs and slippin' pancakes under the door to get her to realise what she has is great!, and maybe it isnt that person B has something person A doesn't, but that she has "A" person who thinks SHE HAS IT ALL!!

if she's A's perfect fit, how can A not be her perfect fit????? also if you KNOW that you are going to eat steak tonight.....why look at the menu? if not for to persuade your choice in dinner? wouldn't you only be looking for what else you want with the steak?

--------------------

OfflineDutch_Mushrooms
MushroomDistributor
Loc: The netherlands
    #3651691 - 01/20/05 03:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If the steak is still around after trying the chicken, then maybe they will want to try pork or lobster next..? If the steak will always be there why not try other things as well. Maybe there is an equal favorite to steak? One dish at a time, no reheating leftovers.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology