Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Billions just given away
    #3574003 - 01/03/05 01:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

As if we don't have poor here. Or the highest crime rate in the world. Or as if we all have health care. You know how stupid you look to your european friends by giving money to the tsunami effort? All of their people have health care, your people don't, you are primitive. Your ego donated. How dirty when one realizes your people are freakin dyin. Sick bastard.

Nazi hitler ww2 giving aid. Only hitler gave reason to support him Healthcare, fair laws, equality. Bush takes, no law. You have to believe this in america there is no longer due process. You are freakin guikty.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Billions just given away [Re: mabus]
    #3574074 - 01/03/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You could have done that one better.  The corn kernels are falling off the hook and Troutstky is busy lecturing the plebes....

Edit: I was trying to make a funny on "Trotsky" but missed the second "t" :blush:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Edited by GnuBobo (01/03/05 03:16 AM)

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3574078 - 01/03/05 02:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my honest opinion is that Bush is in office, strictly because religion and fear... in fact i could name at least 20 people i know who voted bush yet disagree with most of his policies...it really just proves how easily manipulated the american people are.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3574835 - 01/03/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The USA is the richest country in the world. There are homeless shelters, food banks, and free clinics in every city. Our poor are not starving unless they choose to. I'm glad we are helping the tsunami victims. It's the American people that want to help, not just Bush, and not just republicans. If a Democrat were in office we would still be sending those people aid.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3574872 - 01/03/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So let me get this straight, are you actually opposed to giving aid to tsunami devastated nations? I don't quite understand why giving aid for such a situation could ever be a bad thing. There is massive damage that needs fixing. They estimated that this disaster may be the greatest in history. Millions of people could die from the remnants of the disaster such as famine, plague and other nasty things left over. It poses a threat to you too if not properly taken care of, new diseases can spread and reach western coasts. Not to mention the fact that those that the poor here don't nearly have it as bad as those in the impoverished nations that we help. So unless you can explain to me more clearly how you feel it isn't the proper thing to do, don't speak with such haste.

Oh ya I almost forgot no matter who the hell the president is, they would still be giving aid. I don't understand how bush is even relavent in this situation.

Edited by relativexistance (01/03/05 11:56 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Billions just given away [Re: relativexistance]
    #3574892 - 01/03/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

He's mocking those who are complaining about giving aid.

Geez.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

Re: Billions just given away [Re: Phluck]
    #3574937 - 01/03/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Shit my bad, sorry mabus I misunderstood.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3574972 - 01/03/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, I really think he's that much of a scumbag. He's made other posts complaining about giving aid.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Billions just given away [Re: Redstorm]
    #3574990 - 01/03/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, but he's got silly plays on words and such, plus he's a Nader supporter.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Billions just given away [Re: Phluck]
    #3574991 - 01/03/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Re: Billions just given away [Re: Redstorm]
    #3575282 - 01/03/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, its retread aka TOYK aka Soopa_X who is against sending aid to help the tsunami victims.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3575615 - 01/03/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

relativexistance said:
So let me get this straight, are you actually opposed to giving aid to tsunami devastated nations? I don't quite understand why giving aid for such a situation could ever be a bad thing.

The problem is that it's being done in direct violation of the Constitution. Almost every non-European/western nation on earth could do with a few billion of our dollars, but you don't whine about how much they need it. Maybe you could start a search to see how much money other nations donated to the WTC and WDC victims on 9/11. Go ahead, search. I'll sit here and wait for you to say "None, the US is evil and deserved it, and now they should pay for the tsunami to!"
Quote:

There is massive damage that needs fixing.

And this is my problem how? If the majority of Americans want a specific amount of their money to go to the relief, they can donate freely and voluntarily. IF they don't, who decides when the storm troopers can kick our door in and take things? I'm sure that India would be much better off with a few billion dollars, why not give it to them? WHy not give all of our money away to other nations so that we can be poor and destitute and starving and you'll stop being jealous and hating us? Oh, btw, I need 1500$ to fix my motorccyle and I REALLY need it, I'll be swinging by with my AK-47 tonight to steal it from you. Hey, I REALLY need the money.
Quote:

They estimated that this disaster may be the greatest in history.
Millions of people could die from the remnants of the disaster such as famine, plague and other nasty things left over. It poses a threat to you too if not properly taken care of, new diseases can spread and reach western coasts.

New diseases? How?
Quote:

Not to mention the fact that those that the poor here don't nearly have it as bad as those in the impoverished nations that we help.

So should we give until we are at their level? The poor here could use helping. Or ideally, the population here could just use their own money to support whatever they wanted to support, hows that sound?
Quote:

So unless you can explain to me more clearly how you feel it isn't the proper thing to do, don't speak with such haste.

The constitution specifically prohibits it. Sounds pretty clear to me. I don't want to force my neighbor to give money to these nations when he can't make his car payment, or when he can't pay for his child to go to school. He works for the money therefore he should have say over what happens with it. Certain issues are mandated by the Constitution and certain ones are relegated by the Constitution to the individual states. This is an issue that isn't legally allowed to have our tax dollars thrown at it.
Quote:

Oh ya I almost forgot no matter who the hell the president is, they would still be giving aid. I don't understand how bush is even relavent in this situation.

If you can't blame Bush, why bother wasting shroomery space in the PA&L forums? Bush clearly used his SuperSecretSCUBA team to cause this tsunami for the oil pipeline.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Billions just given away [Re: SoopaX]
    #3576300 - 01/03/05 07:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm curious. Where in the US constitution does it say that the federal government is not allowed to give foreign aid? It seems we do this kind of thing all the time. Your making a pretty big claim that I think needs a reference.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Billions just given away [Re: shroomydan]
    #3576361 - 01/03/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Y'know, Tommy J., when faced with the Louisiana Purchase, worried that such an action was not allowed by the Constitution.

Some things, though not expressedly granted, are also not expressedly forbidden.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3576520 - 01/03/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think its so much of a bitching about giving them aid as a bitching about doing a piss poor job at home then giving so much money to someone else. thats how i took it. and i have to say i agree. im not saying dotn help others, but help teh people that pay you to take care of them better.

i personally think its to look good not help starving suffering people. i hope im wrong.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Billions just given away [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3576879 - 01/03/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:
Some things, though not expressedly granted, are also not expressedly forbidden.

Read the 10th amendment.
Quote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #3576883 - 01/03/05 09:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
I'm curious. Where in the US constitution does it say that the federal government is not allowed to give foreign aid? It seems we do this kind of thing all the time. Your making a pretty big claim that I think needs a reference.

Where does it say they are allowed to do that? Don't forget the 10th.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Billions just given away [Re: z@z.com]
    #3577546 - 01/03/05 11:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I guess public schools, federal student loans, science research grants etc. are also unconstitutional.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #3577860 - 01/04/05 12:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Well I guess public schools, federal student loans, science research grants etc. are also unconstitutional.

On a federal level I would say yes.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

Re: Billions just given away [Re: SoopaX]
    #3579337 - 01/04/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
New diseases? How?

Disease can arise from stagnant water left over, the waves spreading things that once were in the ocean onto land, destruction of sewage lines or just plain overflowing sewers, dead bodies left over either in land or took into the ocean to rot, mosquitos born in the leftover wet areas, food, and just plain garbage everywhere.
Why do you think the people over there wear things over their face when you see pictures of people outside? It certainly isn't some sort of fashion statement.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder